Your most wanted 'lost albums'?

General music discussion.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Your most wanted 'lost albums'?

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 1:40pm
Surely The Panic Report plays Robbie Williams’ Greatest Hits will finally be released soon? ;)
It's just 10 tracks of Heston singing Angels at a karaoke bar. Which will make you long for the Robbie Williams version. :scared:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 6:05pm
laxman wrote:
Surely The Panic Report plays Robbie Williams’ Greatest Hits will finally be released soon? ;)
It's just 10 tracks of Heston singing Angels at a karaoke bar. Which will make you long for the Robbie Williams version. :scared:
I dunno, man, you've amped up the morbid curiosity factor for me.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

oliver wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 5:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 4:07pm
I guess kinda sorta the Troy Tate version of The Smiths' first album might qualify in this area? Easily found as a bootleg, but maybe an official release would have some unheard nugget.
That's a great shout. The debut album came out 40 years ago this month so they've missed a trick on an anniversary edition.
There is a Pablo Cuckoo version too. Someone smarter than me might be able to work out who Pablo Cuckoo was?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

laxman wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 6:24pm
oliver wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I guess kinda sorta the Troy Tate version of The Smiths' first album might qualify in this area? Easily found as a bootleg, but maybe an official release would have some unheard nugget.
That's a great shout. The debut album came out 40 years ago this month so they've missed a trick on an anniversary edition.
There is a Pablo Cuckoo version too. Someone smarter than me might be able to work out who Pablo Cuckoo was?
Right! There is certainly enough there for some kind of box set of the first album. I wonder how much the frostiness between Morrissey and the other two affects reissues.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

laxman wrote:
oliver wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ah yeah! That's the one I alluded to earlier but couldn't remember what it was called.
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 6:38pm
Right! There is certainly enough there for some kind of box set of the first album. I wonder how much the frostiness between Morrissey and the other two affects reissues.
I don't think it affected the full catalog remasters/box set from years ago, although a case could be made that they somehow hate each other even more now.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 6:09pm
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
If there is one thing worse than Robbie Williams singing Angels then it has to be...

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 6:44pm
laxman wrote:
oliver wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ah yeah! That's the one I alluded to earlier but couldn't remember what it was called.
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I don't think it affected the full catalog remasters/box set from years ago, although a case could be made that they somehow hate each other even more now.
That's what I mean—things are much more openly hostile now. Previously, I gather, it was disagreements but workable.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 6:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
If there is one thing worse than Robbie Williams singing Angels then it has to be...
I've listened to a lot of terrible music out of morbid curiosity. And I'm inclined to think that Heston would make anything better than a Robbie Williams original. Perhaps not actually good, but better.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 6:51pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
I've listened to a lot of terrible music out of morbid curiosity. And I'm inclined to think that Heston would make anything better than a Robbie Williams original. Perhaps not actually good, but better.
In a studio I have no doubt his version of any Robbie song would trounce the original into dust. But a drunken karaoke version of a terrible song not so much.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 7:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

In a studio I have no doubt his version of any Robbie song would trounce the original into dust. But a drunken karaoke version of a terrible song not so much.
Album title - Angels of the North?

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
laxman wrote:
oliver wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
That's what I mean—things are much more openly hostile now. Previously, I gather, it was disagreements but workable.
There is a Dale Hibbert tape too that pre-dates the others. Could be quite a big box set!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 7:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Have you not read the KISS thread? Drunk Heston is *inspired*!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

laxman wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 7:28pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
laxman wrote:
oliver wrote:

Dr. Medulla wrote:
There is a Dale Hibbert tape too that pre-dates the others. Could be quite a big box set!
I don't think I know that one. To the Google machine!

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

laxman wrote:
I'd love to know this too. The tape was supposedly to give Troy Tate an idea of what he'd be working with so I would guess it's a colleague of his. It was recorded at Joe Moss' warehouse so not a studio person and no-one mentioned in Morrissey or Marrs autobiographies.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 4:05pm
Flex wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 3:29pm
Apparently Brian Wilson recorded a country album in the 70s which is gonna get released next year: https://consequence.net/2024/02/brian-w ... e-pasture/
Can't help but think that after he dies, it's going to be like those writers that had a dozen completed novels in their desk that they chose not to publish (but their heirs see as a means of buying their own island).
I'm sure there are some wonderfully quirky completed songs about how to build a wardrobe or something and 1000 songs about the man better than Jesus Christ: Eugene Landy.

I will listen the hell out of that country record, though.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/