Hey Wolterpoet

General music discussion.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Hey Wolterpoet

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: I never knew he was gay … What, Martina Navratalova's a lesbian?!?!
Early on they used to do these promo photos with Rob hanging around with scantily clad women. Can you imagine if all those 80's era 14 - 16 year old male fans had discovered at that time that Rob was gay?
Very confusing—it was bad enough not knowing for certain whether they were supposed to kill themselves, but now whether they're supposed to turn gay.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: I never knew he was gay … What, Martina Navratalova's a lesbian?!?!
Early on they used to do these promo photos with Rob hanging around with scantily clad women. Can you imagine if all those 80's era 14 - 16 year old male fans had discovered at that time that Rob was gay?
Very confusing—it was bad enough not knowing for certain whether they were supposed to kill themselves, but now whether they're supposed to turn gay.
I knew guys in high school whose world would have imploded if they knew Halford was gay, seriously. I'd even bet it shook some of them to the core ten years later (or whenever it was) that it became common knowledge.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I suppose I was in that category. My friends and I thought Rob dressed like a gay guy, but seriously, how could he be gay? He's in Priest!
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:I suppose I was in that category. My friends and I thought Rob dressed like a gay guy, but seriously, how could he be gay? He's in Priest!
I had this buddy who was in that category. He was a HUGE fan of Priest. I only recalled this next part the other day when I heard the song "Screaming for Vengeance" on the radio. My friend used to sing it as "Screaming, screaming for semen". Perhaps he was channeling Rob's inner thoughts?