This Canadian shows us how it is done

General music discussion.
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: This Canadian shows us how it is done

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Flex wrote:It's amazing how adding a "b" to a name can turn great into suck in approx. 30 seconds.
Great? "Not altogether awful" I will accept, but "Great?"

I thought I was the Minister of Hyperbole in the IMCT Cabinet.
Whiskeytown is a great band. Faithless Street is a great album.

I guess his solo stuff is less that great, but mostly better than "not altogether awful"
Yeah, but he's saturated his career with no less that 600 mediocre albums in the past 38 minutes.

Hyperbole is the single greatest thing ever.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wolter wrote:Yeah, but he's saturated his career with no less that 600 mediocre albums in the past 38 minutes.

29 was pretty crappy, but most of his other solo efforts are pretty solid. And I liked his work on Willie Nelson's Songbird album. All in all, consistently above average albums with only one or two clunkers is pretty admirable output.

Also, Ryan Adams is the greatest man of all time
Last edited by Flex on 30 Jun 2008, 4:36pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I guess this is teh time to remind that the Kings (from canadia) were fucking rad
[youtube][/youtube]
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:
Wolter wrote:Yeah, but he's saturated his career with no less that 600 mediocre albums in the past 38 minutes.

29 was pretty crappy, but most of his other solo efforts are pretty solid. And I liked his work on Willie Nelson's Songbird album. All in all, consistently above average albums with only one or two clunkers is pretty admirable output.

I nominate this post as the exact moment that Flex became singlehandedly responsible for the Armenian Genocide.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Flex wrote:

I nominate this post as the exact moment that Flex became singlehandedly responsible for the Armenian Genocide.
He's getting off light.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Flex wrote:

He's getting off light.
Well, everyone knowns Bryan Adams was behind The Holocaust. But Flex did nothing to stop him.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Flex wrote:

He's getting off light.
Well, everyone knowns Bryan Adams was behind The Holocaust. But Flex did nothing to stop him.
The Holocaust was many unspeakable things, but it was not cliché; Bryan Adams is incapable of anything but cliché. Hence, he could not be behind the Holocaust.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Flex wrote: 29 was pretty crappy, but most of his other solo efforts are pretty solid. And I liked his work on Willie Nelson's Songbird album. All in all, consistently above average albums with only one or two clunkers is pretty admirable output.

He's getting off light.
The Holocaust was many unspeakable things, but it was not cliché; Bryan Adams is incapable of anything but cliché. Hence, he could not be behind the Holocaust.
Well, the Holocaust is retroactively cliché. And Bryan Adams retroactively caused it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote: I nominate this post as the exact moment that Flex became singlehandedly responsible for the Armenian Genocide.
He's getting off light.
Well, the Holocaust is retroactively cliché. And Bryan Adams retroactively caused it.
You ascribe fourth dimensional abilities to a guy who couldn't even keep his face from being a white= and blackheaded wasteland?

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: He's getting off light.
You ascribe fourth dimensional abilities to a guy who couldn't even keep his face from being a white= and blackheaded wasteland?
Two words: idiot savant.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote: Well, everyone knowns Bryan Adams was behind The Holocaust. But Flex did nothing to stop him.
Two words: idiot savant.
Two more words: I'm sold.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

JennyB wrote:"The Only Thing That Looks Good on me is You."
Plus, did you ever notice every single song title of his is a cliche?
That song isn't a cliche. It's about the time he skinned his keyboard player and wore him as a suit.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Heston wrote:
JennyB wrote:"The Only Thing That Looks Good on me is You."
Plus, did you ever notice every single song title of his is a cliche?
That song isn't a cliche. It's about the time he skinned his keyboard player and wore him as a suit.
love. it.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

nsc
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by nsc »

[youtube][/youtube]

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Flex wrote: 29 was pretty crappy, but most of his other solo efforts are pretty solid. And I liked his work on Willie Nelson's Songbird album. All in all, consistently above average albums with only one or two clunkers is pretty admirable output.

He's getting off light.
But what about? :
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you
Walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you
Ya know it's true
Everything I do - I do it for you"