DEVO News

General music discussion.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: DEVO News

Post by tepista »

Not Sure exactly what this is, pay to watch I live stream but if you pay more they mail you wine?

https://nightflightstore.com/products/a ... ent-access

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

tepista wrote:
16 Feb 2021, 11:15pm
Yeah, i still have/had tickets to this. Unfortunately PRB has been bumped enough times that I gotta get a refund. Ah, well. I'll be curious whether they can pull this off. September might be late enough they can make it work.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
16 Feb 2021, 11:47pm
tepista wrote:
Yeah, i still have/had tickets to this. Unfortunately PRB has been bumped enough times that I gotta get a refund. Ah, well. I'll be curious whether they can pull this off. September might be late enough they can make it work.
Hmm last year's aborted lineup looked much better. This one is more oh yeah if Im in the neighborhood but maybe I need to be exploring a few names here.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 11:14am
Flex wrote:
tepista wrote:
Hmm last year's aborted lineup looked much better. This one is more oh yeah if Im in the neighborhood but maybe I need to be exploring a few names here.
No respect for A Shit Ton More Bands TBA? They're gonna smash things up big on their next ep.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 11:16am
revbob wrote:
Flex wrote:
tepista wrote:
No respect for A Shit Ton More Bands TBA? They're gonna smash things up big on their next ep.
Their first album was ok but then they got the new singer and they suck.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 11:27am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 11:16am
revbob wrote:
Flex wrote:
tepista wrote:
Their first album was ok but then they got the new singer and they suck.
Brandon Cruz never gets any respect.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 11:33am
I have Cruz's solo collection that Taang! released years back. It's actually pretty decent.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 2:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I have Cruz's solo collection that Taang! released years back. It's actually pretty decent.
I know nothing about him other than being a child actor and that Jello likely doesn't return his phone calls.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 2:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Is this on it?

Flex

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 3:53pm
Is this on it?

It is, actually. He also does a punk rock version of the song, lol.

The DK infamy is a little too bad, as he was a founding member of the very respectable Dr. Know and cut some other perfectly good punk rock with some other bands. I think he was even in Flipper for a hot minute. His story is a pretty good one: child actor who managed to dig out of the usual child-acting-fucked-up-my-life-forever shit by getting into punk rock.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 3:58pm
revbob wrote:
Is this on it?

The DK infamy is a little too bad, as he was a founding member of the very respectable Dr. Know and cut some other perfectly good punk rock with some other bands. I think he was even in Flipper for a hot minute. His story is a pretty good one: child actor who managed to dig out of the usual child-acting-fucked-up-my-life-forever shit by getting into punk rock.
I think it was after he left the DK gig that I learned he had genuine punk cred. I just assumed he was wannabe/gimmick for the rest of the DKs. (Tangentially, I can't fathom why anyone would step into Jello's shoes in the band, especially under those circumstances. The amount of abuse from sincere punks is guaranteed to be high and for very justifiable reasons.)

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 4:43pm
Flex wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 3:58pm
revbob wrote:
Is this on it?

I think it was after he left the DK gig that I learned he had genuine punk cred. I just assumed he was wannabe/gimmick for the rest of the DKs. (Tangentially, I can't fathom why anyone would step into Jello's shoes in the band, especially under those circumstances. The amount of abuse from sincere punks is guaranteed to be high and for very justifiable reasons.)
Agreed there are certain bands that are identified by certain members and without them they are something else. Jello is integral to the Dead Kennedys without him its a different band plain and simple.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

Please forgive me if this has been noted earlier but when watching What We Do In The Shadows I noticed Mark Mothersbaugh was credited as responsible for the score. Has he been doing this for a while?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

gkbill wrote:
04 Apr 2021, 1:58am
Hello,

Please forgive me if this has been noted earlier but when watching What We Do In The Shadows I noticed Mark Mothersbaugh was credited as responsible for the score. Has he been doing this for a while?
His name comes up in credits of TV shows all the time.