Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Stand up recs

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Never heard of this assclown, but going after a six-year old is heavy-duty punching down.
https://globalnews.ca/news/10162156/com ... instagram/

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Dec 2023, 6:21am
Never heard of this assclown, but going after a six-year old is heavy-duty punching down.
I agree. I would have preferred that the mum hadn't posted a video of their child for clout online. The callow, unfunny stand up and his fans aside, there are loads of bad actors who are more than detached enough from reality to target an innocent, in a bunch of different ways.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
12 Dec 2023, 9:23am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I agree. I would have preferred that the mum hadn't posted a video of their child for clout online. The callow, unfunny stand up and his fans aside, there are loads of bad actors who are more than detached enough from reality to target an innocent, in a bunch of different ways.
Agreed that the mother shouldn't have exposed her kid to a guy who, seemingly, as a rep for asshole responses, but I hadn't thought of the possibility of others piling on. Yeesh, what a sewer. Maybe not such a bad idea to return to the 90s attitude towards the internet: it's filled with monsters, so don't reveal yourself.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Dec 2023, 9:37am
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Agreed that the mother shouldn't have exposed her kid to a guy who, seemingly, as a rep for asshole responses, but I hadn't thought of the possibility of others piling on. Yeesh, what a sewer. Maybe not such a bad idea to return to the 90s attitude towards the internet: it's filled with monsters, so don't reveal yourself.
Honestly, yes, for under 18s.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Dec 2023, 9:37am
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Some of us are still there.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Apparently this is gonna be a thing.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 11:05am

The guy is like house music—unless you're right into his shit, everything sounds the same. And I say this as someone who still really likes Chasing Amy and Dogma. Mallrats and Clerks haven't aged well (tho the cartoon Clerks is still pretty decent). Everything else of his that I've tried to watch has been painful.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 11:08am
revbob wrote:

The guy is like house music—unless you're right into his shit, everything sounds the same. And I say this as someone who still really likes Chasing Amy and Dogma. Mallrats and Clerks haven't aged well (tho the cartoon Clerks is still pretty decent). Everything else of his that I've tried to watch has been painful.
Enjoyed Clerks 30 years ago when it came out, I could see it not holding up though. Dogma was good, should still be. Mallrats I remember being disappointed by. Clerks 2 was awful.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 1:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 11:08am
revbob wrote:

Enjoyed Clerks 30 years ago when it came out, I could see it not holding up though. Dogma was good, should still be. Mallrats I remember being disappointed by. Clerks 2 was awful.
Chasing Amy held up well the last time I saw it. It also gave evidence of Smith trying to do more than make fart and dick jokes. The effort was appreciated, especially given how lazy his work became.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I laughed

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 5:10am
I laughed

At the end of the video I expected to see "A DJ Trump Biggley Production". :lol:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung