Stand up recs

General music discussion.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Stand up recs

Post by Kory »

Silent Majority wrote:Haven't heard either yet, but pleased to see Hari Kondabolu and Bo Burnham have new specials out. Two comedians worth checking out based on their previous releases. Burnham's on Netflix now, Kondabolu's going to come out at some point next month, and I'll pay for it. Which, you should know, is a huge deal for me to do.
I can't trust anyone named Bo.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Kory wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:Haven't heard either yet, but pleased to see Hari Kondabolu and Bo Burnham have new specials out. Two comedians worth checking out based on their previous releases. Burnham's on Netflix now, Kondabolu's going to come out at some point next month, and I'll pay for it. Which, you should know, is a huge deal for me to do.
I can't trust anyone named Bo.
He's a musical comedian. So, your instincts seem sharp so far.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

David Cross is in town towards the end of the month. B noticed this and asked if we should get tickets. I looked it up and said $50 a ticket (plus whatever service charges) was excessive for a guy who's become a liberal douche. So, no.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kaleb's girlfriends have undoubtedly told him this already, but Norm Macdonald has a memoir coming out in September.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Brian Posehn has a new album coming out in a few weeks and the cover is all kinds of awesome.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Brian Posehn has a new album coming out in a few weeks and the cover is all kinds of awesome.
I like him, you can trust him for a good hour.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Brian Posehn has a new album coming out in a few weeks and the cover is all kinds of awesome.
I like him, you can trust him for a good hour.
I will never not convulse in laughter at this:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Image
He's a heavy metal fan. Is this the album where he's joined by members of Anthrax/The Cult/White Zombie?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
He's a heavy metal fan. Is this the album where he's joined by members of Anthrax/The Cult/White Zombie?
Only David Lee Roth. /downgoesHeston

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Only David Lee Roth. /downgoesHeston
:mrgreen:

Backed by the members of Starship with a pastiche album cover of WBTCORAR then you're really in business. It don't come more metal than that.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

My brother met Louis CK in the MSP airport the other day. He didn't want to bother him too much, so he just told him he was a fan and excited to see his show here in the "Jortsville. Said he was nice.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I'm watching the new David Cross special on Netflix—from the same tour that we skipped when it came thru Ottawa—and it ain't good. Cross may still be a decent comedic actor, but his stand-up just ain't good anymore. Way too much smug liberal "Americans iz dum" stuff. And while that could still be funny, it's done in a dickish way. Plus, considering that he looks like the same kind of rednecks he mocks, it's even more off-putting.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:I'm watching the new David Cross special on Netflix—from the same tour that we skipped when it came thru Ottawa—and it ain't good. Cross may still be a decent comedic actor, but his stand-up just ain't good anymore. Way too much smug liberal "Americans iz dum" stuff. And while that could still be funny, it's done in a dickish way. Plus, considering that he looks like the same kind of rednecks he mocks, it's even more off-putting.
Over the past few years, especially due to twitter, I have found that most liberal comedians have become irritatingly patronizing and smug. Honestly, while I appreciate that there are standups out there doing political material, most of them (even and especially the "liberal" ones) are actually pretty politically reactionary and fairly glib in their understanding of major issues. And WAAAAAAAY too willing to suck up to powerful individuals as long as they doesn't have an "(R)" after their name on a TV chyron.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"