Musicians! Post your instruments!

General music discussion.
modskin
Unknown Immortal

Musicians! Post your instruments!

Post by modskin »

I don't think I've seen a thread like this yet... I may be wrong..

Post up pictures of your noise-makers! Guitars, basses, amps, everything!

Left: My Gretsch 6129T Silver Jet. My dad gave me this guitar when I graduated high school. I will never sell it and it'll probably be buried alongside me. I love this guitar.

Middle: Ibanez AF75D. The deep-body Ibanez Artcore hollowbody. This is the guitar I dick around and write songs on. It was hand pinstriped by this 17-year-old kid named Chastin a few years back at the Re-animators Car Show in Atlanta.

Right: Epiphone Custom Shop 1957 Les Paul Jr. reissue. I wanted something similar to Mick Jones and Johnny Thunders. This is what I could afford. It sounded pretty great, but I sold it a couple months ago to a guy from Israel.

Here's 2 instruments that I wish I had back. I bought them for a fucking steal ($150 for both) and ended up selling them right after I moved to NYC and more than doubled my money. I just didn't have room for them, and I was buh-roke. I wish I had sold something else now in order to keep them.

Left: Danelectro U3.
Right: Danelectro DC Bass.

My shred guitar (not that I ever shred on it):

1987 Kramer Striker 300. It has a Floyd Rose vibrato on it. That means if you hit a pinch harmonic and yank on that whammy, it sounds like a goddamn Zero diving on a torpedo run. This guitar is currently in pieces because I'm refinishing the body.

My everyday bass:

Squier Vintage Modified 70's Precision Bass. Cheap, sounds good, looks good. I use it mainly to record with. I swapped out the black pickup cover to a white one. Looks like Simmo's P-Bass now..

AAAAAND... The newest addition to the arsenal (got it yesterday).. A mid-60's Farfisa Combo Compact organ.

It needs a lot of cosmetic work (new upper faceplate, new Tolex covering) but it sounds great and the spring reverb still works on it. I've seen these things go for a ridiculous amount of cash, but I found this one on Craigslist for mega cheap and couldn't pass it up. Sounds just like 96 Tears..

I've also got a no-name baritone ukulele and a Casio SK-1 Sampling Keyboard that I don't have photos of.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: Musicians! Post your instruments!

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Cool organ!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

modskin wrote:Sounds just like 96 Tears.
Worth every penny just for that, I would think.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

modskin
Unknown Immortal

Post by modskin »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
modskin wrote:Sounds just like 96 Tears.
Worth every penny just for that, I would think.
Yep. The last one I saw in a shop was in pretty good condition and they wanted about $1200 for it. I got this one for $300 and it needs another couple hundred in cosmetic work done to it. Everything works awesome as far as the electronics and tuning goes, but it's definitely showing its age.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Keen gear, 'skinny. That Gretsch is badass.

I don't have any terribly exciting instruments -- blue/green-with-cream-trim Epi Les Standard, dark red Yamaha RBX bass, black Fender acoustic -- but they make pleasant noise when I hit them.

My bass amp is lovely:

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

I dont' play an instrument, but I would like to state that more things in life should sound just like 96 Tears.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

My trusty Fender Tele

Epiphone Dot

Korg Triton

Jew's Harp

Also have a serviceable bass and numerous percussion devices.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Heston wrote: Also have a serviceable bass and numerous percussion devices.
Oh -- I forgot to add that I also have a tupperware box full of bran. It's a wonderful shaker.

modskin
Unknown Immortal

Post by modskin »

Wolter wrote:I dont' play an instrument, but I would like to state that more things in life should sound just like 96 Tears.
Right now pretty much everything in my bedroom sounds like 96 Tears or a hockey game circa 1972, cause I've got this thing fired up and plugged in..

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Inder wrote:
Heston wrote: Also have a serviceable bass and numerous percussion devices.
Oh -- I forgot to add that I also have a tupperware box full of bran. It's a wonderful shaker.
I recently made a great washboard-type instrument by gaffer-taping some old drumsticks together, sounds wicked!
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

modskin wrote:
Wolter wrote:I dont' play an instrument, but I would like to state that more things in life should sound just like 96 Tears.
Right now pretty much everything in my bedroom sounds like 96 Tears or a hockey game circa 1972, cause I've got this thing fired up and plugged in..
DESTROYER.

OF.

WORLDS.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

modskin wrote:
RCS and I are going to dig up a table hockey game and play a best of seven in your apartment. You will continue to play, even if blood gushes from your fingertips, until a champion of the universe is established.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Suzanne H.
The Cheese

Post by Suzanne H. »

This is just to prove that I HAVE A GUITAR. I have no proper pictures of it. I wish I did.

I barely touch the thing anymore and I can't at all call myself a musician... :disshame: I intend on re-teaching myself guitar over the summer, though, just to get my skills up beyond basic power chords.

I also have a bass amplifer, but no bass to go with it. Win! But luckily, the bf now uses it to practice for gigs when he's in town, so it has some use.

Special Patrol
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by Special Patrol »

Don't have a camera, but I believe this is the correct model:

I also have a violin that I'm awfully bad at playing, a lousy synth, and an acoustic guitar. But I mainly play bass, for now.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

http://www.coryfoster.com
go to the 'rack' link at the top right.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc