Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Musicians! Post your instruments!

Post by Heston »

Olaf wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 4:49am
Heston wrote:
10 Feb 2020, 6:40pm
Just fancied change as my SG is looking a bit worn out after 5 years of gig abuse.
Or maybe somebody finally recognized it as theirs?
:mrgreen:

No, different guitar.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

The guitar that's been put into storage, the ESP explorer, played well but nothing on the Tele.
Attachments
20200216_233238.jpg
20200216_233238.jpg (8.83 KiB) Viewed 2776 times

Heston

Post by Heston »

I played a gig today with my new guitar and realised I may need a StrumGuard. I forgot the bigger shape of a semi acoustic gives you the burn on the inner forearm. It's either that or wear a coat on stage.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
16 Feb 2020, 7:35pm
The guitar that's been put into storage, the ESP explorer, played well but nothing on the Tele.
Cool guitar, shouldn't be in storage.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Heston wrote:
16 Feb 2020, 7:53pm
I played a gig today with my new guitar and realised I may need a StrumGuard. I forgot the bigger shape of a semi acoustic gives you the burn on the inner forearm. It's either that or wear a coat on stage.
Plus it has a sharper edge, right?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Heston

Post by Heston »

Kory wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 2:39pm
Heston wrote:
Yeah, the SG has a rounded off side. The guitar was great though, the sound was cutting right through and stayed in tune well. It may be a case of just putting a small plaster on my inner forearm with some cotton wool behind it. The area affected is only about an inch long.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Heston wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 3:29pm
Kory wrote:
Heston wrote:
Yeah, the SG has a rounded off side. The guitar was great though, the sound was cutting right through and stayed in tune well. It may be a case of just putting a small plaster on my inner forearm with some cotton wool behind it. The area affected is only about an inch long.
I find a regular old sweatband works pretty well, but it really depends on the length of your strumming stroke. I use the wrist more than the elbow.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Kory wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 4:23pm
Heston wrote:
Kory wrote:
Heston wrote:
I find a regular old sweatband works pretty well, but it really depends on the length of your strumming stroke. I use the wrist more than the elbow.
The damage is bang in the middle of my forearm. I'm an elbow rather than wrist player.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Heston wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 4:56pm
Kory wrote:
Heston wrote:
Kory wrote:
Heston wrote:
The damage is bang in the middle of my forearm. I'm an elbow rather than wrist player.
Just like Billie Joe Armstrong! You should start a Green Day cover band!

I wonder if the wrist/elbow thing can be used as a personality test of any kind.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Kory wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 5:17pm
Heston wrote:
Kory wrote:
Heston wrote:
Kory wrote:

I wonder if the wrist/elbow thing can be used as a personality test of any kind.
Strong wrist?

Heston

Post by Heston »

Kory wrote:
Heston wrote:
Kory wrote:
Heston wrote:
Kory wrote:

I'll need a voice processor ;)

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 5:44pm
Kory wrote:
Heston wrote:
Kory wrote:
Heston wrote:

I'll need a voice processor ;)
:mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Heston wrote:
16 Feb 2020, 7:54pm
BitterTom wrote:
16 Feb 2020, 7:35pm
Cool guitar, shouldn't be in storage.
Change of heart, getting it out of storage asap, going to treat it to a smarten up and a new set of strings, will post better quality pics soon.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Since we're posting, this is my '76 Gibson G3 which I'm pretty proud of. It's made of wood and sounds it! Very punchy tone, good for rock and hard funk.
Attachments
gibson.jpg
gibson.jpg (115.72 KiB) Viewed 2625 times