General music discussion.
BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by BitterTom »

WestwayKid wrote:
23 Sep 2020, 10:20am
I heard this at the grocery store last night:

Same LP as We Built This City (I believe).

I found to my dismay that it was kind of catchy in a cheesy 80's way. I also might just have been nostalgic for the simpler times of 1986.
Nice.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Because Heston is scared of the baseball thread: https://clashcity.com/boards/viewtopic. ... 98#p607698
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 3:37pm
Because Heston is scared of the baseball thread: https://clashcity.com/boards/viewtopic. ... 98#p607698
I have a remote warning system in place where I get text alerts whenever someone mentions "hoopla", "Marconi" or "mamba."

And don't forget the mamba is a snake, not a dance. The radio plays a snake! Total subversion.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 8:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I have a remote warning system in place where I get text alerts whenever someone mentions "hoopla", "Marconi" or "mamba."

And don't forget the mamba is a snake, not a dance. The radio plays a snake! Total subversion.
So, what have you been marinating in tonight?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 8:26pm
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Snake venom
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 8:28pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 8:26pm
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Snake venom
Dance venom?

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 8:30pm
Dance venom?
But what about this mamba thing? Most people think it's a dance. But it's not. The mamba is the most deadly type of snake. Ever. Seriously. I'm not making this shit up. The mamba is a snake. So perhaps Starship fucked up and meant to say "mambo." But come now... "Mamba" could not have been a mistake. So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? Clearly, "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. The marconi. The device. The radio plays a deadly snake. Listen to it. We built this city. The snake -- the mamba -- is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to squeeze the life out of the police. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism that is encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 8:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Dance venom?
But what about this mamba thing? Most people think it's a dance. But it's not. The mamba is the most deadly type of snake. Ever. Seriously. I'm not making this shit up. The mamba is a snake. So perhaps Starship fucked up and meant to say "mambo." But come now... "Mamba" could not have been a mistake. So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? Clearly, "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. The marconi. The device. The radio plays a deadly snake. Listen to it. We built this city. The snake -- the mamba -- is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to squeeze the life out of the police. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism that is encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.
Or they meant mambo and are referring to radio, rock n roll, and dancing. Occam's razor is ready to slit your throat on this.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Dance venom?
Wow I'd never thought of it like that.

I mean how could I? My mind can't comprehend such madness. :scared:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Who hurt you?

Seriously, I can't stop laughing. I feel like I'm in the Chuckles the Clown episode of Mary Tyler Moore. I have a fucking meeting in five minutes and I'm going to look like a crazy persom.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Heston

Post by Heston »

JennyB wrote:
26 Feb 2021, 4:21pm
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Who hurt you?

Seriously, I can't stop laughing. I feel like I'm in the Chuckles the Clown episode of Mary Tyler Moore. I have a fucking meeting in five minutes and I'm going to look like a crazy persom.
Hope the meeting went well. :mrgreen:

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Heston wrote:
26 Feb 2021, 9:37pm
JennyB wrote:
26 Feb 2021, 4:21pm
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Who hurt you?

Hope the meeting went well. :mrgreen:
Honestly, I don't even remember now. :mrgreen:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Dance venom?
I hope the Saucy Vixen sues you.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future