We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

General music discussion.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 94277
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 4:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 3:20pm
Flex wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 3:16pm
Great news Doc! Ask them to install x ray eyes on the next go round.
Thanks, fellers. I honestly can't remember the world being so vibrant in colour. It's a minor miracle.

Also, as I was waiting for the surgery to start, I had the thought, what if the lens being implanted allows someone to see everything I see, that I would become an unwitting spy on myself. Not quite x-ray eyes, but in the ballpark.
Sounds like an episode of The Twilight Zone ;)
"From the typewriter of Charles Beaumont *deep unfiltered drag on an extra tar cancer stick* next week."
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 36105
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by Heston »

Flex wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 3:16pm
Great news Doc! Ask them to install x ray eyes on the next go round.
Feel the hurt in Gene's voice...

There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

BitterTom
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4858
Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 12:21pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by BitterTom »

Heston wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 6:43pm
BitterTom wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 5:55pm
Came on shuflle earlier i wasnnt disappointed its always the dogs bollocmks
Superb mate. Then you factor in the irony..
Can't really remember this well, what was the irony sorry?

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 49576
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 5:06pm
Flex wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 3:16pm
Great news Doc! Ask them to install x ray eyes on the next go round.
Feel the hurt in Gene's voice...

Clearly just got his results back from the clap clinic.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 36105
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 5:08pm
Heston wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 6:43pm
BitterTom wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 5:55pm
Came on shuflle earlier i wasnnt disappointed its always the dogs bollocmks
Superb mate. Then you factor in the irony..
Can't really remember this well, what was the irony sorry?
The fact they're singing about the destruction of rock and roll at the hands of manufactured, overproduced pop, yet they're deliberately performing it in that very style.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15849
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 3:20pm
Flex wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 3:16pm
Great news Doc! Ask them to install x ray eyes on the next go round.
Thanks, fellers. I honestly can't remember the world being so vibrant in colour. It's a minor miracle.

Also, as I was waiting for the surgery to start, I had the thought, what if the lens being implanted allows someone to see everything I see, that I would become an unwitting spy on myself. Not quite x-ray eyes, but in the ballpark.
Ahem, as a representative of Big Optics I must inform you, that you really shouldn't be spreading this sort of disinformation.

We'll be watching. ;)

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 94277
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 5:24pm
BitterTom wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 5:08pm
Heston wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 6:43pm
BitterTom wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 5:55pm
Came on shuflle earlier i wasnnt disappointed its always the dogs bollocmks
Superb mate. Then you factor in the irony..
Can't really remember this well, what was the irony sorry?
The fact they're singing about the destruction of rock and roll at the hands of manufactured, overproduced pop, yet they're deliberately performing it in that very style.
This argument is still like people rationalizing Trump's evil senility as 53-dimensional chess.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 94277
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 6:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 3:20pm
Flex wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 3:16pm
Great news Doc! Ask them to install x ray eyes on the next go round.
Thanks, fellers. I honestly can't remember the world being so vibrant in colour. It's a minor miracle.

Also, as I was waiting for the surgery to start, I had the thought, what if the lens being implanted allows someone to see everything I see, that I would become an unwitting spy on myself. Not quite x-ray eyes, but in the ballpark.
Ahem, as a representative of Big Optics I must inform you, that you really shouldn't be spreading this sort of disinformation.

We'll be watching. ;)
Not if I close my eyes!
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 49576
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 6:29pm
revbob wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 6:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 3:20pm
Flex wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 3:16pm
Great news Doc! Ask them to install x ray eyes on the next go round.
Thanks, fellers. I honestly can't remember the world being so vibrant in colour. It's a minor miracle.

Also, as I was waiting for the surgery to start, I had the thought, what if the lens being implanted allows someone to see everything I see, that I would become an unwitting spy on myself. Not quite x-ray eyes, but in the ballpark.
Ahem, as a representative of Big Optics I must inform you, that you really shouldn't be spreading this sort of disinformation.

We'll be watching. ;)
Not if I close my eyes!
This is why I always keep my pin number written on the back of my eyelids.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 94277
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
23 Sep 2020, 4:24am
This is why I always keep my pin number written on the back of my eyelids.
And I'll bet when you tell people that, they act like you should be sectioned. People, huh?
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 49576
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Sep 2020, 6:08am
Marky Dread wrote:
23 Sep 2020, 4:24am
This is why I always keep my pin number written on the back of my eyelids.
And I'll bet when you tell people that, they act like you should be sectioned. People, huh?
Oh I don't tell people. I don't trust them.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 36105
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by Heston »

Remember Marconi is playing the MAMBA not the MAMBO. The deadly snake is slithering out of the radio.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 49576
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
23 Sep 2020, 6:52am
Remember Marconi is playing the MAMBA not the MAMBO. The deadly snake is slithering out of the radio.
That Marconi guy ain't so smart.

Take two wires, then take one away and what you got?

A wire less. Easy.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 94277
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
23 Sep 2020, 6:52am
Remember Marconi is playing the MAMBA not the MAMBO. The deadly snake is slithering out of the radio.
Image
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

WestwayKid
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4688
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by WestwayKid »

I heard this at the grocery store last night:



Same LP as We Built This City (I believe).

I found to my dismay that it was kind of catchy in a cheesy 80's way. I also might just have been nostalgic for the simpler times of 1986.
"Geoff who takes kids camping is dead all the boys except Rusty are missing." - revbob
"Rock on George, one time for Ringo." - Ringo Starr

Post Reply