So what's your concert schedule looking like?

General music discussion.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by JennyB »

Spiff wrote:
05 Mar 2020, 12:09pm
Violent Femmes and X have a show in my hometown in May.

Woo hoo!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

ETA: I'm just jealous. They are skipping MoranJortsville this year. My favorite show of last year. You are going to have the best time.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
05 Mar 2020, 4:12pm
Spiff wrote:

Woo hoo!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

ETA: I'm just jealous. They are skipping MoranJortsville this year. My favorite show of last year. You are going to have the best time.
Despite Exene's recent descent into bat shittery I would still love to go see X.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
05 Mar 2020, 6:27pm
JennyB wrote:
05 Mar 2020, 4:12pm
Spiff wrote:

Woo hoo!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Despite Exene's recent descent into bat shittery I would still love to go see X.
Mass MOCA in North Adams on a Friday night...

https://tickets.massmoca.org/5659/5660

BostonBeaneater

Considering...
Attachments
EDF408CC-CDFC-4A0B-97B8-1244E36ACE8A.png

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

So, the person with the Cruel World tickets "liked" a comment that my wife made on a mutual friend's post, so I'm going to estimate that my CW chance went from 5% to 15%. Provided we don't die from the flu.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

It turns out that when I bought tix for Social Distortion I was really getting tix for a tribute act called Social Destruction. Boy do I feel dumb.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Obviously, concerts are off for most people here for the foreseeable future (Punk Rock Bowling announced they were rescheduling to the Fall yesterday, and even then that seems pretty optimistic at the moment).

Last night the Dropkick Murphys did a free livestream of a concert which was actually really, really solid. The Cro-Mags did a livestream a couple days ago which was also pretty enjoyable (tho shorter and less professional). I'm hoping more bands will take this route for the next little bit (assuming they feel safe playing with each other and such). It was a great relaxer and a fairly nice sense of community. DKM had the show sponsored by some business and then sold an event t-shirt online that, as far as I can tell, immediately sold out the free + merch model may be a good way to make some money for bands at this time. I'd eve pay a few bucks PPV style for a band I particularly like that may not have the clout of a DKM to make their money back on merch.

They also unveiled a new song called "Mick Jones Nicked My Pudding" about an amusing interaction with Mick that the band had. Fun stuff. Here's the recording of the concert for those interested:

The Cro-Mags one is here for those interested:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Thanks Flex. Web simulcasts are cool but obviously not as good as a live in person show. Like you and I marveled, they managed to keep a good atmosphere going while not having any physical audience.

Im not disappointed about missing the Social Distortion tribute act but this is likely to carry on into Bikini Kill and Gogol Bordello.

BostonBeaneater

revbob wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 12:50pm
Thanks Flex. Web simulcasts are cool but obviously not as good as a live in person show. Like you and I marveled, they managed to keep a good atmosphere going while not having any physical audience.

Im not disappointed about missing the Social Distortion tribute act but this is likely to carry on into Bikini Kill and Gogol Bordello.
You just reminded me that my wife and I were going to see Bikini Kill... were.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 1:09pm
revbob wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 12:50pm

You just reminded me that my wife and I were going to see Bikini Kill... were.
That's what I'm here for.

Maybe they will play less plague ridden cities and you can hoof it up here for the show.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 1:15pm
Maybe they will play less plague ridden cities and you can hoof it up here for the show.
I was gonna post this in the Rona Doom Thread, but hell here's where it's coming up organically: this is why we desperately, desperately, need a ramp up in testing. The model that works on to combat the virus without completely obliterating the social and economic fabric is widespread, ubiquitous testing and carefully targeted localized quarantines. Our total national shutdown could have, believe it or not, been avoided if not for the Trump Administration's deliberate attempts to hamper our ability ramp up testing nationwide. We actually could have a scenario where we loosen some social distancing restrictions in (relative) short order (as in, maybe after a couple months rather than 12-18 months) but we need massive, massive testing capability (and, to my mixed reaction, much better centralized surveillance and tracking to be able to effectively determine quarantine needs). Our health care and distribution is so poor and eroded over time that this was always going to be a massive push for this country, but actually mobilizing the federal government to create capacity could still save both many lives and livelihoods.

It's been a perfect storm of long term community and structural erosion and acute contemporaneous incompetence that's created the situation we're in now. It's very much didn't have to be like this.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

I was supposed to be seeing SLF/the Professionals /TV Smith next week. Clearly it was far too risky having so many old people in the same place at the same time, and that's before taking the audience into account!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

laxman wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 3:11pm
I was supposed to be seeing SLF/the Professionals /TV Smith next week. Clearly it was far too risky having so many old people in the same place at the same time, and that's before taking the audience into account!
Damn that sounds like a good show.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 1:24pm
revbob wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 1:15pm
I was gonna post this in the Rona Doom Thread, but hell here's where it's coming up organically: this is why we desperately, desperately, need a ramp up in testing. The model that works on to combat the virus without completely obliterating the social and economic fabric is widespread, ubiquitous testing and carefully targeted localized quarantines. Our total national shutdown could have, believe it or not, been avoided if not for the Trump Administration's deliberate attempts to hamper our ability ramp up testing nationwide. We actually could have a scenario where we loosen some social distancing restrictions in (relative) short order (as in, maybe after a couple months rather than 12-18 months) but we need massive, massive testing capability (and, to my mixed reaction, much better centralized surveillance and tracking to be able to effectively determine quarantine needs). Our health care and distribution is so poor and eroded over time that this was always going to be a massive push for this country, but actually mobilizing the federal government to create capacity could still save both many lives and livelihoods.

It's been a perfect storm of long term community and structural erosion and acute contemporaneous incompetence that's created the situation we're in now. It's very much didn't have to be like this.
If this impending healthcare catastrophe doesn't generate serious anger for universal health insurance, I'm not sure what will. Biden may win the nomination, but he'll be forced by events to move much more to the left than anyone would have dreamed.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

revbob wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 3:20pm
laxman wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 3:11pm
Damn that sounds like a good show.
Quite. Postponed rather than completely cancelled, so fingers crossed it will be the same support bands when it is rearranged.

Supposed to be going to the Undertones/Hugh Cornwell with Deny in May. Seems highly unlikely now. Also going to the Stranglers/Ruts DC with him later in the year. That might have more chance of taking place.