So what's your concert schedule looking like?

General music discussion.
motorsmell
Junco Partner

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by motorsmell »

Marky Dread wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 7:13am
motorsmell wrote:
04 Nov 2022, 4:07pm
ImageIMG_20221103_200352884_HDR.jpg

Went to the damned reunion in Manchester last night, pricey but at this stage in the game I can't miss these chances...sounded great and the set was filmed so expect a dvd soon...got the chance to chat with Mr Scabies before they played, a thoroughly nice chap and he mentioned the band are getting on very well so its possible they might do something else after this tour. There was guy collecting signatures for a jools Holland petition for the damned to play...would be good if it comes to fruition.
Next up is Snakerattlers tomorrow in York, then Clem Burke on Thursday and then the Strummer anniversary in the smoke...
Still have no idea why photos go the wrong way up...
I've met Rat and he is salt of the earth. A good guy. The Captain has also mentioned recently that there may be something else lined up featuring them both in the future. Great to see they have buried the hatchet.

Great pix pix mate, thanks for sharing.
I hope they do something new together, rat and the captain work together brilliantly, Brian was great too however he didn't look too well, reminded me of how Lemmy was towards the end....be great if they did one more record together. Vanian even sung the songs like he used too as well and even dressed like he did in 76.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

motorsmell wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 7:33am
Marky Dread wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 7:13am
motorsmell wrote:
04 Nov 2022, 4:07pm
ImageIMG_20221103_200352884_HDR.jpg

Went to the damned reunion in Manchester last night, pricey but at this stage in the game I can't miss these chances...sounded great and the set was filmed so expect a dvd soon...got the chance to chat with Mr Scabies before they played, a thoroughly nice chap and he mentioned the band are getting on very well so its possible they might do something else after this tour. There was guy collecting signatures for a jools Holland petition for the damned to play...would be good if it comes to fruition.
Next up is Snakerattlers tomorrow in York, then Clem Burke on Thursday and then the Strummer anniversary in the smoke...
Still have no idea why photos go the wrong way up...
I've met Rat and he is salt of the earth. A good guy. The Captain has also mentioned recently that there may be something else lined up featuring them both in the future. Great to see they have buried the hatchet.

Great pix pix mate, thanks for sharing.
I hope they do something new together, rat and the captain work together brilliantly, Brian was great too however he didn't look too well, reminded me of how Lemmy was towards the end....be great if they did one more record together. Vanian even sung the songs like he used too as well and even dressed like he did in 76.
I agree Capt and Rat have that telepathy thing going on. Yeah I saw Dave looked very '76 in appearance. I have seen The Damned more than any other band over the years. Probably 40 times plus. The first time was '78 at Bones club in Reading (walking distance from my house back then) they were called The Doomed and had Henry Bukowski on Bass. Later that year in London they had Lemmy on bass. A few years later I shared a drink with Lemmy and Rat sat a the bar in the Clarendon. Lemmy bought the drink! Two really great guys. The Ramones headlining with The Prisoners as support I think.

I really hope Brian isn't ill.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Got the Manics and Suede coming up next week. Can't wait to see JDB do some shredding! Been listening to some Suede - it's been years and years - and some of those tracks really take me back to my younger days. I rejected grunge quickly, the arrival of bands like Suede (and the Manics for that matter) helped.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Lee Rocker on Saturday

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
11 Nov 2022, 12:16am
Lee Rocker on Saturday
Lee quel?
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
11 Nov 2022, 6:43am
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
Lee Rocker on Saturday
Lee quel?
Stray Cats double bass player.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Marky Dread wrote:
11 Nov 2022, 7:26am
Silent Majority wrote:
11 Nov 2022, 6:43am
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
Lee Rocker on Saturday
Lee quel?
Stray Cats double bass player.
:cool:

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Suede and MSP in Chicago last night. Suede absolutely CRUSHED it. Brett Anderson looks, sounds, and moves like a man half his age. A real ball of restless energy. He did not sit still the entire set: on the monitors, in the crowd, on his knees, swinging his mic around his head. His energy really whipped the crowd up. Their set was great, a well constructed mix of new and old material. The new songs from their excellent 2022 release Autofiction slotted in well against old chestnuts like Animal Nitrate. Rediscovering them recently, I've been pleasantly surprised by how strong their catalog is. It was a loud, powerful, frenetic set.

The Manics were more of a mixed bag. They were not promoting any new material (Ultra Vivid Lament never got an official US release), so their set felt a bit like an exercise in cleaning out the attic (complete with a reused National Treasures stage backdrop). This meant I got to hear some classics I've never heard them play live before: Slash N Burn, From Despair to Where, La Tristessa Durera. They even trotted out their long lost cover of Suicide is Painless. They sounded great, but compared to Suede's set it sounded a bit workmanlike. It is always a joy to watch James Dean Bradfield play guitar, however. He is incredible.

All in all, well worth sitting in Chicago traffic on the way down and then putting up with a 90 minute drive home ;) .

Also, second show in a row that we managed to get upgraded. I'd purchased mid-range tickets in one of the balconies, but hoping to fill out the large lower level, they moved us down to the main floor.

drowninghere
Long Time Jerk

Post by drowninghere »

WestwayKid wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 10:46am
Suede and MSP in Chicago last night. Suede absolutely CRUSHED it. Brett Anderson looks, sounds, and moves like a man half his age. A real ball of restless energy. He did not sit still the entire set: on the monitors, in the crowd, on his knees, swinging his mic around his head. His energy really whipped the crowd up. Their set was great, a well constructed mix of new and old material. The new songs from their excellent 2022 release Autofiction slotted in well against old chestnuts like Animal Nitrate. Rediscovering them recently, I've been pleasantly surprised by how strong their catalog is. It was a loud, powerful, frenetic set.

The Manics were more of a mixed bag. They were not promoting any new material (Ultra Vivid Lament never got an official US release), so their set felt a bit like an exercise in cleaning out the attic (complete with a reused National Treasures stage backdrop). This meant I got to hear some classics I've never heard them play live before: Slash N Burn, From Despair to Where, La Tristessa Durera. They even trotted out their long lost cover of Suicide is Painless. They sounded great, but compared to Suede's set it sounded a bit workmanlike. It is always a joy to watch James Dean Bradfield play guitar, however. He is incredible.

All in all, well worth sitting in Chicago traffic on the way down and then putting up with a 90 minute drive home ;) .

Also, second show in a row that we managed to get upgraded. I'd purchased mid-range tickets in one of the balconies, but hoping to fill out the large lower level, they moved us down to the main floor.
The Suede setlist looks great - looks like they may have dropped a 2-3 of the super brand new ones from the new album in favour of a couple more well know ones. Also glad some of their excellent 2010s songs made they list.

Agree that the Manic's set seems a little confused/aimless. I assume at least 1/2 the fans attending are very loyal and have pretty much every album, so nothing off the new album, nothing off Holy Bible or Journal for Plague Lovers, Lifeblood, Postcards, Rewind the Film, etc. in favour of a very heavy 90s oriented set seems odd, especially when we still have room for 3 off the first album, 2 off the second (plus Suicide is Painless), etc.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

drowninghere wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 3:04pm
WestwayKid wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 10:46am

The Suede setlist looks great - looks like they may have dropped a 2-3 of the super brand new ones from the new album in favour of a couple more well know ones. Also glad some of their excellent 2010s songs made they list.

Agree that the Manic's set seems a little confused/aimless. I assume at least 1/2 the fans attending are very loyal and have pretty much every album, so nothing off the new album, nothing off Holy Bible or Journal for Plague Lovers, Lifeblood, Postcards, Rewind the Film, etc. in favour of a very heavy 90s oriented set seems odd, especially when we still have room for 3 off the first album, 2 off the second (plus Suicide is Painless), etc.
I saw a review from an earlier show on the tour where the reviewer was thankful the Manics didn't play any new material because the album hadn't been released in the US. I was thinking along the same lines as you, however - this show isn't going to draw a lot of casual fans. Many in attendance will be familiar with songs from Ultra Vivid Lament (and the more recent albums). There might not have been a physical release in the US, but the new album is on Spotify, Tidal, etc.

The thing about the Suede set was that they did a good job of mixing it up: new songs alongside old songs. They actually kicked it off with 2 from the new album followed by 2 from their debut. It also felt like there was thought put into songs that worked well together. The MSP set felt disjointed, the songs butting up against one another. The absence of anything off Holy Bible was interesting, as was only 1 song off Know Your Enemy, with the reissue of that album being their most recent release. Oh well. They still put on a great show.

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

Arms aloft tomorrow! A long trip down to the smoke for this, looking forward to it! Fingers crossed Mr Jones offers up some of the finest!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Anybody? Flex? Tep? Spiff? ???

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 7:28pm
Besides the headliners, having Anti-Heros, GBH and The Exploited on (plus all the great ska) is pretty serious Flexbait. I have a buddy who goes to PRB every where - was gonna go with him the year COVID canceled everything. May try to convice the missus that we should do a Vegas weekend and she can go to Spas and shit and I can go to PRB.

Addendum: but if you want your Flex concert hangout time, your best bet is still SLAPSHOT in march, man
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 7:40pm
revbob wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 7:28pm
Besides the headliners, having Anti-Heros, GBH and The Exploited on (plus all the great ska) is pretty serious Flexbait. I have a buddy who goes to PRB every where - was gonna go with him the year COVID canceled everything. May try to convice the missus that we should do a Vegas weekend and she can go to Spas and shit and I can go to PRB.

Addendum: but if you want your Flex concert hangout time, your best bet is still SLAPSHOT in march, man
Yeah I hear you but BR, Rancid, DKM, Suicidal Tendencies, Fishbone, Svetlanas, Interrupters, the Damned, L7, Slackers, Agnostic Front, Hepcat plus "many more". Cancel the Boston trip this is where you need to be.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Nah, Slapshot reigns supreme above all those groups for me. Also, if I don't get a vacation weekend in before may I will probably lose my fucking my mind
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!