So what's your concert schedule looking like?

General music discussion.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 6:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 6:45pm
Heston wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 6:25pm
revbob wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 6:23pm
Heston wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 6:10pm
Doing the full weekend again. To be part of this is an absolute honour. I wonder if Geldof arrives in a helicopter.

sv2022.jpg
The Bootleg Beatles? Are they from Japan?
They're pretty shit hot actually. Seen them a couple of times and sound more like the Beatles than the Beatles.
Do they have a Yoko in the band?
All bands have a Yoko or two.
Someone has to do the knitting and screeching.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
Doing the full weekend again. To be part of this is an absolute honour. I wonder if Geldof arrives in a helicopter.

sv2022.jpg
They're pretty shit hot actually. Seen them a couple of times and sound more like the Beatles than the Beatles.
I ask seriously because there was a Japanese Beatles cover band rhat was l over the TV there back in the early 90s. I thought that was their name (Bootleg Beatles). But my memory is pretty hazy from that brief time.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 7:14pm
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:

sv2022.jpg
I ask seriously because there was a Japanese Beatles cover band rhat was l over the TV there back in the early 90s. I thought that was their name (Bootleg Beatles). But my memory is pretty hazy from that brief time.
They're Brits. Oasis even had them as a support band at their huge Knebworth gigs in the 90s, which is pretty ironic.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 7:28pm
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:

sv2022.jpg
They're Brits. Oasis even had them as a support band at their huge Knebworth gigs in the 90s, which is pretty ironic.
Ha! Indeed. I remember Billy Bragg dismissing Oasis as Britain's most successful Beatles tribute band.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Heston wrote:
Pretty good lineup, congratulations on you and your band being a part of it.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Slim Jim Phantom this Saturday.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 7:35pm
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:

Ha! Indeed. I remember Billy Bragg dismissing Oasis as Britain's most successful Beatles tribute band.
I've never understood this to be honest. Were they really just a Beatles rip-off. They or at least Noel was a magpie. I hear way more T. Rex/Slade/The Faces than The Beatles. They were big Beatles fans for sure.
Stole Harrison's riff from "My Sweet Lord" for "Supersonic" but then they nicked stuff from all over like from T. Rex "Get it On" for "Cigarettes & Alcohol" and The New Seekers "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing" for "Shakermaker".

I know folks here dislike them but they were more than just a Beatles tribute act. I mean no one seems bothered that Paul Weller stole just as many Beatles things.

The Beatles thing just seems to be a lazy assertion.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 6:05am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:

I've never understood this to be honest. Were they really just a Beatles rip-off. They or at least Noel was a magpie. I hear way more T. Rex/Slade/The Faces than The Beatles. They were big Beatles fans for sure.
Stole Harrison's riff from "My Sweet Lord" for "Supersonic" but then they nicked stuff from all over like from T. Rex "Get it On" for "Cigarettes & Alcohol" and The New Seekers "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing" for "Shakermaker".

I know folks here dislike them but they were more than just a Beatles tribute act. I mean no one seems bothered that Paul Weller stole just as many Beatles things.

Of course it's lazy. Oasis aren't a band worth bringing out the snark A-game.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 7:27am
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 8:52am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

The horrible realization is that seemingly I think KISS are worth raising my snark game. Or maybe Heston makes it worth it. Regardless, it's discomforting.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 9:20am
Marky Dread wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 8:52am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

The horrible realization is that seemingly I think KISS are worth raising my snark game. Or maybe Heston makes it worth it. Regardless, it's discomforting.
It's a hard life at times. Yet somehow we get by. 🤣

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Heston - that is super cool. Congrats!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Yeah, congrats Heston! Very cool!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Nice work in Hestonia!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Blondie with The Damned as support in May