So what's your concert schedule looking like?

General music discussion.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Kory »

gkbill wrote:
08 May 2019, 2:23pm
Hello,

Has anyone seen Fishbone lately? How is the latest iteration?
They got Fish back in the band don't they? With Angelo, Norwood and Dirty Walt, you're not that far from an original lineup.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
08 May 2019, 12:52pm
Nick Cave is doing a speaking tour, so I'll be going to that as long as I can get a ticket when they go on sale tomorrow morn. Ah, I'll probably pay more for it on Stubhub if necessary. Seems to be the only way to buy tickets anymore.
So that tour that was just announced is a speaking tour? Are we talking speaking a la Henry Rollins? I was thinking I'd try to get to Montreal for it but not sure if it is a spoken word sort of thing.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
08 May 2019, 8:38pm
Kory wrote:
Nick Cave is doing a speaking tour, so I'll be going to that as long as I can get a ticket when they go on sale tomorrow morn. Ah, I'll probably pay more for it on Stubhub if necessary. Seems to be the only way to buy tickets anymore.
So that tour that was just announced is a speaking tour? Are we talking speaking a la Henry Rollins? I was thinking I'd try to get to Montreal for it but not sure if it is a spoken word sort of thing.
I think it's going to be a Q&A type situation. It's called Conversations with Nick Cave or something like that. It may be an interview series.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
08 May 2019, 11:31pm
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
I think it's going to be a Q&A type situation. It's called Conversations with Nick Cave or something like that. It may be an interview series.
Hmm, Ive seen Jello and Rollins do their stuff and I've seen plenty of political talks but I'm not sure about this I'll have to see how the reviews are.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
08 May 2019, 2:03pm
Heston wrote:
08 May 2019, 1:57pm
The Undertones tomorrow night with Neville Staple supporting. I know Feargal isn't in the Undertones anymore but the new guy seems very good.
Paul McLoon has been in the band longer than Feargal ever was. He's a good front man and sings the songs great.
Have to say sound-wise the Undertones were absolutely cracking tonight. Superb vocals from Paul McLoon but I thought his dance moves left a bit to be desired. He was throwing these Morrissey-esque hip-thrusting shapes which didn't seem to fit the vibe of the Undertones in general. Sound was absolutely fantastic though, was like a Panzer guitar attack.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
09 May 2019, 7:44pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
The Undertones tomorrow night with Neville Staple supporting. I know Feargal isn't in the Undertones anymore but the new guy seems very good.
Paul McLoon has been in the band longer than Feargal ever was. He's a good front man and sings the songs great.
Have to say sound-wise the Undertones were absolutely cracking tonight. Superb vocals from Paul McLoon but I thought his dance moves left a bit to be desired. He was throwing these Morrissey-esque hip-thrusting shapes which didn't seem to fit the vibe of the Undertones in general. Sound was absolutely fantastic though, was like a Panzer guitar attack.
Yeah Paul does that a fair bit. Does nothing for me but hey each to his own an all. Good musicians.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
09 May 2019, 7:46pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Yeah Paul does that a fair bit. Does nothing for me but hey each to his own an all. Good musicians.
Brilliant musicians and their onstage banter was funny as fuck and totally natural. The only other thing I'd mark them down for was playing Teenage Kicks twice, in the middle of the set and at the end. They have too many great songs to resort to that, for a start they missed two of my favourite songs in Julie Ocean and What's With Terry. It made the finale a bit of an anti-climax when it could have been this utter release for the crowd at the end.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
09 May 2019, 7:53pm
Marky Dread wrote:
09 May 2019, 7:46pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Brilliant musicians and their onstage banter was funny as fuck and totally natural. The only other thing I'd mark them down for was playing Teenage Kicks twice, in the middle of the set and at the end. They have too many great songs to resort to that, for a start they missed two of my favourite songs in Julie Ocean and What's With Terry. It made the finale a bit of an anti-climax when it could have been this utter release for the crowd at the end.
Yeah that's odd. Could've played so many others.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
How was Neville Staple was he on with Sugary?

Heston

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
09 May 2019, 8:57pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Yes. They were pretty good though her vocals were a bit off at times. Neville was in good form.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
09 May 2019, 9:00pm
101Walterton wrote:
09 May 2019, 8:57pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Yes. They were pretty good though her vocals were a bit off at times. Neville was in good form.
Good to hear as I heard he wasn’t in best health.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
09 May 2019, 5:35am
Kory wrote:
08 May 2019, 11:31pm
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
Hmm, Ive seen Jello and Rollins do their stuff and I've seen plenty of political talks but I'm not sure about this I'll have to see how the reviews are.
Looks like it's going to be Q&A based. He said he wants fans to be bold and confrontational with their questions, could be interesting.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Just got my tix for Brian Wilson & The Zombies. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

The Zombies feature all 4 surviving original band members and they'll be doing Odessey and Oracle in its entirety plus some greatest hits. Should be spectacular. Not even a band I really realized how much I'd dig seeing until this tour and its '68 premise was announced. I suspect this half of the show will be a slam-dunk blast.

I'm more than a little nervous about the Brian after the pans of the holiday tour, but the thought of seeing him and his band focus on Friends and Surf's Up material is too enticing to pass up. Again, if I can see Brian perform Til I Die I'll consider my itch to go see him perform completely fulfilled (at least until the announcement that he's performing Love You in its entirety...)

It's at the Paramount - Spiff knows - which to me is hands down the best seated concert venue in Denver. I've seen Brian there before and I think it's a great venue for him. Got front row of the balcony which is one of my fave spots in terms of both acoustics and to see all the stage action.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Flex wrote:
10 May 2019, 3:09pm
Just got my tix for Brian Wilson & The Zombies. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

The Zombies feature all 4 surviving original band members and they'll be doing Odessey and Oracle in its entirety plus some greatest hits. Should be spectacular. Not even a band I really realized how much I'd dig seeing until this tour and its '68 premise was announced. I suspect this half of the show will be a slam-dunk blast.

I'm more than a little nervous about the Brian after the pans of the holiday tour, but the thought of seeing him and his band focus on Friends and Surf's Up material is too enticing to pass up. Again, if I can see Brian perform Til I Die I'll consider my itch to go see him perform completely fulfilled (at least until the announcement that he's performing Love You in its entirety...)

It's at the Paramount - Spiff knows - which to me is hands down the best seated concert venue in Denver. I've seen Brian there before and I think it's a great venue for him. Got front row of the balcony which is one of my fave spots in terms of both acoustics and to see all the stage action.
I'm really jealous. The Zombies performance at the Rock Hall was amazing. And even bad Brian Wilson is better than most of the crap out there, anyway.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Looks like I'll be seeing the Misfits with The Damned (should be the other way around but whatev).