So what's your concert schedule looking like?

General music discussion.
Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Spiff »

WestwayKid wrote:
02 May 2022, 4:19pm
Spiff wrote:
02 May 2022, 3:07pm
I'm seeing New Order and Pet Shop Boys in early October at the Armory, a really cool venue in Minneapolis.
I've never seen Pet Shop Boys, but have seen NO several times and despite what some might say - they still sound fantastic live even without Hooky.
Same here. Never seen Pet Shop Boys, and I've seen NO without Hooky once before and it was a great show.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Spiff wrote:
10 May 2022, 9:42am
WestwayKid wrote:
02 May 2022, 4:19pm
Spiff wrote:
02 May 2022, 3:07pm
I'm seeing New Order and Pet Shop Boys in early October at the Armory, a really cool venue in Minneapolis.
I've never seen Pet Shop Boys, but have seen NO several times and despite what some might say - they still sound fantastic live even without Hooky.
Same here. Never seen Pet Shop Boys, and I've seen NO without Hooky once before and it was a great show.
I don't believe either of you.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Kinda pissed that Echo & the Bunnymen cancelled Cruel World, of all the bands on the bill that I care for, they're the one that I hadn't previously seen. Well, my plane is on a couple hours, I'm off to AvocadoToastafornia where its the law to have gay kids and Obama took my guns. Pray for me.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

tepista wrote:
12 May 2022, 10:04am
Kinda pissed that Echo & the Bunnymen cancelled Cruel World, of all the bands on the bill that I care for, they're the one that I hadn't previously seen. Well, my plane is on a couple hours, I'm off to AvocadoToastafornia where its the law to have gay kids and Obama took my guns. Pray for me.
I didn't hear that they cancelled. That stinks - they still out on a good show. For everyone's (correct) complaints about Morrissey, people tend to forget about how much of a diva Ian is.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
12 May 2022, 10:42am
tepista wrote:
I didn't hear that they cancelled. That stinks - they still out on a good show. For everyone's (correct) complaints about Morrissey, people tend to forget about how much of a diva Ian is.
Hey, pretty boys, be more like Mike Love. He wouldn't cancel the Jellybean County Fair even if only 3 huckleberries show up.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 May 2022, 10:48am
JennyB wrote:
12 May 2022, 10:42am
tepista wrote:
Hey, pretty boys, be more like Mike Love. He wouldn't cancel the Jellybean County Fair even if only 3 huckleberries show up.
Ian WAS so pretty. Sigh.
Got a Rake? Sure!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

well, the officail word was visa issues
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

tepista wrote:
Just be sure to take off your six-gun and spurs before you board you flight.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
12 May 2022, 10:54am
well, the officail word was visa issues
And they only have one credit card? What the hell, Limeys! :shifty:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

tepista wrote:
Reminds me of when I went to an RHCP/STP/Fishbone show only because I wanted to see Fishbone, and then they canceled like a week before but I still had to take my friend who was going because he wanted to see the other two bands. It was torture.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
12 May 2022, 3:46pm
tepista wrote:
Reminds me of when I went to an RHCP/STP/Fishbone show only because I wanted to see Fishbone, and then they canceled like a week before but I still had to take my friend who was going because he wanted to see the other two bands. It was torture.
I'm not sure I'd endure RHCP and STP if the third act were a half hour with my dead parents.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 May 2022, 4:09pm
Kory wrote:
tepista wrote:
I'm not sure I'd endure RHCP and STP if the third act were a half hour with my dead parents.
Yeah it was awful. I did actually convince my friend to leave after about 5 RHCP songs.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
tepista wrote:
The only reason to attend. Ive left shows because I only wanted to see the opening act.

Coincidentally Ma and Pa just came on.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Kory wrote:
tepista wrote:
That happened to me when I went to see PJ Harvey open for Live. I left after her set.
Got a Rake? Sure!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
13 May 2022, 10:02am
Kory wrote:
tepista wrote:
That happened to me when I went to see PJ Harvey open for Live. I left after her set.
What a travesty, but at least you didn't have to sit thru Live.