So what's your concert schedule looking like?

General music discussion.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by tepista »

WestwayKid wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 10:55pm
Roxy Music one week from tonight at MSG. A definite bucket list concert for me and not a band I ever thought I'd see live. No Eno, but 4 of the 5 core members.
How was it!
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

tepista wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 2:19pm
WestwayKid wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 10:55pm
Roxy Music one week from tonight at MSG. A definite bucket list concert for me and not a band I ever thought I'd see live. No Eno, but 4 of the 5 core members.
How was it!
I'm also dying to know this.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

They were fantastic! Loved the setlist. They hit at least one track from every LP. Manifesto got one song only in Dance Away, but that’s always been my least fave Roxy album. Some highlights: Out of the Blue, The Main Thing, Same Old Scene. Encore was an absolutely pounding version of Do the Strand followed by Jealous Guy. They opened with Remake/Remodel. The band sounded great. Manzanera tore it up. Totally unique. Great to see Andy Mackay up there. He looked old as hell, but played his ass off. Cool also having Paul Thompson on drums. Ferry still comes off as just a massively cool dude. His vocals were occasionally a bit ragged, but it was unmistakably Bryan Ferry. He plays to where his 77 year old voice is. Even on the ballads like Avalon he sounded good. Weakest moment was actually the spoken word portions of In Every Dream Home. They also played for nearly 2 hours. Great visuals, too. A bucket list concert for me. I loved every moment of it.

Also, our seats were in the nosebleeds, but upon arrival they upgraded everyone in our section. I think to fill up the lower bowl. We ended up in $200 seats behind the soundboard!?
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Actually, they played nothing off of Stranded.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

WestwayKid wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 12:21am
They were fantastic! Loved the setlist. They hit at least one track from every LP. Manifesto got one song only in Dance Away, but that’s always been my least fave Roxy album. Some highlights: Out of the Blue, The Main Thing, Same Old Scene. Encore was an absolutely pounding version of Do the Strand followed by Jealous Guy. They opened with Remake/Remodel. The band sounded great. Manzanera tore it up. Totally unique. Great to see Andy Mackay up there. He looked old as hell, but played his ass off. Cool also having Paul Thompson on drums. Ferry still comes off as just a massively cool dude. His vocals were occasionally a bit ragged, but it was unmistakably Bryan Ferry. He plays to where his 77 year old voice is. Even on the ballads like Avalon he sounded good. Weakest moment was actually the spoken word portions of In Every Dream Home. They also played for nearly 2 hours. Great visuals, too. A bucket list concert for me. I loved every moment of it.

Also, our seats were in the nosebleeds, but upon arrival they upgraded everyone in our section. I think to fill up the lower bowl. We ended up in $200 seats behind the soundboard!?
Sounds very cool. The only thing keeping me from something like that is the size of the venues for bands like that.

In other news, I'm going to see Peter Hook and the Light tonight. I was kind of on the fence, as I often am months after I buy a ticket but I watched some YT clips and thought "fuck, I have to go to this."

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Kory wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 2:49pm

In other news, I'm going to see Peter Hook and the Light tonight. I was kind of on the fence, as I often am months after I buy a ticket but I watched some YT clips and thought "fuck, I have to go to this."
Wife went to see Hook a couple weeks ago, I didn't wanna. We did see Echo & the Bunnymen last month.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Kory wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Sounds very cool. The only thing keeping me from something like that is the size of the venues for bands like that.

I saw Hooky in late August, in Minneapolis. You won't be disappointed.

I could post a set list from that show if you'd like, unless you'd rather be surprised.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Spiff wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 5:50pm
Kory wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

I could post a set list from that show if you'd like, unless you'd rather be surprised.
Thanks, but I think I'll go in blind!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 5:55pm
Spiff wrote:
Kory wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

When the set turned out to be a two-hour version of "Every Little Counts," Kory wished he'd had forewarning.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Spiff wrote:
One thing I will ask though: do you remember how long they played for?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 6:11pm
Kory wrote:
Spiff wrote:
Kory wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

When the set turned out to be a two-hour version of "Every Little Counts," Kory wished he'd had forewarning.
If only to prepare for how excited I was!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

WestwayKid wrote:

Sounds like you guys really lucked out, would've loved to have been there.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 6:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 6:11pm
Kory wrote:
Spiff wrote:
Kory wrote:

If only to prepare for how excited I was!
I picture him angrily explaining to the audience that he can't figure out how to end the song, so it just goes on and on.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 1:09pm
revbob wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 12:50pm
Thanks Flex. Web simulcasts are cool but obviously not as good as a live in person show. Like you and I marveled, they managed to keep a good atmosphere going while not having any physical audience.

Im not disappointed about missing the Social Distortion tribute act but this is likely to carry on into Bikini Kill and Gogol Bordello.
You just reminded me that my wife and I were going to see Bikini Kill... were.
So its looking like April 2023 now, basically 3 years later...

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 8:24pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 1:09pm
revbob wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 12:50pm
Thanks Flex. Web simulcasts are cool but obviously not as good as a live in person show. Like you and I marveled, they managed to keep a good atmosphere going while not having any physical audience.

Im not disappointed about missing the Social Distortion tribute act but this is likely to carry on into Bikini Kill and Gogol Bordello.
You just reminded me that my wife and I were going to see Bikini Kill... were.
So its looking like April 2023 now, basically 3 years later...
Yeah, our tickets are for sometime in April. They moved it to the new Roadrunner venue in Boston.