So what's your concert schedule looking like?

General music discussion.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 10:21pm
revbob wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 9:20pm
Im not planning to go but the Cure are doing 3 nights at MSG. 3 nights?
Goths, man
That and this is a big return/goodbye thing.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

JennyB wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 11:41am
Flex wrote:
revbob wrote:
Goths, man
And they are only doing one night at Fiddler's Green in suburban Denver, which I believe only holds about 5,000? And when I was a kid, Denver was a HUGE Cure town. That was surprising to me. Not coming to the 'Jortsville, of course.
Maybe they could get a gig in the jortsville of they agreed to open for a Styx cover band or something
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 1:14pm
JennyB wrote:
Flex wrote:
revbob wrote:
Goths, man
And they are only doing one night at Fiddler's Green in suburban Denver, which I believe only holds about 5,000? And when I was a kid, Denver was a HUGE Cure town. That was surprising to me. Not coming to the 'Jortsville, of course.
Maybe they could get a gig in the jortsville of they agreed to open for a Styx cover band or something
Fun fact: The demand for quality Styx cover bands is so great in Missouri that state law requires registration and proof of ability by playing a medley of “Come Sail Away,” “Snowblind,” and “Mr. Roboto” before a committee made up of the governor, Jiffy Lube employees, and death row inmates.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla (resident Styx expert) wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 1:21pm
Flex wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Flex wrote:
revbob wrote:
Goths, man
Fun fact: The demand for quality Styx cover bands is so great in Missouri that state law requires registration and proof of ability by playing a medley of “Come Sail Away,” “Snowblind,” and “Mr. Roboto” before a committee made up of the governor, Jiffy Lube employees, and death row inmates.
Look up

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 6:13pm
Dr. Medulla (resident Styx expert) wrote:
Flex wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Flex wrote:

Goths, man
Look up
I don't feel a need to boast.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Flex wrote:
revbob wrote:
Goths, man
To be honest, I'd much rather the Missouri Legislature be focused on this than what they are actually doing to trans kids in this state.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Had plans to see Titus Andronicus for the 10th time this Wednesday, but wife just came down with COVID, so that's less likely now. She's doing okay, pretty rough, but trying to quarantine her as much as possible.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
13 Mar 2023, 2:30pm
Had plans to see Titus Andronicus for the 10th time this Wednesday, but wife just came down with COVID, so that's less likely now. She's doing okay, pretty rough, but trying to quarantine her as much as possible.
Is this her first go-round with it or is she a repeat? Either way, positive thoughts to Hoyette.

Also, I can't see the words Titus Andronicus without thinking of David Crosby's "I prefer music" comment.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
That's a real shame mate. Speedy recovery for your good lady.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

matedog wrote:
Sorry to hear about your wife, I hope she's feeling better soon and you're able to avoid catching it.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

matedog wrote:
Sorry to hear this man, hope things start bouncing back quick.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Thanks guys. She could finally eat tonight. Kept her out of sight from the kids after picking up the baby from daycare (5 year old is home sick from non-COVID). I feel a slight discomfort in my throat tonight. It'd be somewhat of a relief if we all got it because this is a fuck ton of work solo. Also, the kids just got over the longest stomach bugs I've ever seen (5 days each, no overlap). So I've been missing a ton of work. Parenting is fucking hard sometimes.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
14 Mar 2023, 12:38am
Thanks guys. She could finally eat tonight. Kept her out of sight from the kids after picking up the baby from daycare (5 year old is home sick from non-COVID). I feel a slight discomfort in my throat tonight. It'd be somewhat of a relief if we all got it because this is a fuck ton of work solo. Also, the kids just got over the longest stomach bugs I've ever seen (5 days each, no overlap). So I've been missing a ton of work. Parenting is fucking hard sometimes.
It gets easier :shifty:

But seriously hope you all come out of it quickly.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

matedog wrote:
14 Mar 2023, 12:38am
Bummer - I hope everyone recovers quickly!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Ticketmaster app currently spinning and spinning as I attempt to purchase Cure tickets. I was on the app 10 minutes early per their recommendation. The thing spun for 5 minutes and then gave me an error: tickets not currently available online. Huh? I went back out and tried to get back in and now I'm in some sort of queue with 109 people ahead of me.

Okay, never mind, I was able to get them. I didn't go for the best seats - I'm okay upper tier, but Robert wasn't lying - very reasonably priced tickets. Most of what I saw were $25 to $50.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble