So what's your concert schedule looking like?

General music discussion.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 May 2019, 4:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 May 2019, 6:55pm
revbob wrote:
17 May 2019, 6:53pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 May 2019, 6:51pm
Kory wrote:
17 May 2019, 6:47pm

Literally impossible.
They are the Rush of the Pacific Northwest. That is, shitty music yet inspiring bizarre devotion.
Wait you don't like Rush?
I hate Rush like like Beaneater hates Radiohead.
I hate Rush like Radiohead hates Beaneater.
To be fair, most hate Beaneater.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 May 2019, 4:59pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

They are the Rush of the Pacific Northwest. That is, shitty music yet inspiring bizarre devotion.
I always vote for the Squirrels.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 May 2019, 5:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Welcome to Team Good Guy. :cool:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 May 2019, 5:49pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Some day you'll understand.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
19 May 2019, 6:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 May 2019, 6:30pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

What you don't realize is that you're already there.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
19 May 2019, 6:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

The handful of peanuts I throw out onto the deck every morning says otherwise.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 May 2019, 6:02pm
revbob wrote:
17 May 2019, 5:59pm
Kory wrote:
17 May 2019, 2:24pm

As I recall, it used to be!
No Pearl Jam fixed that.
What else were they going to do with their time—make interesting music? Yeah, right.
Literally impossible.
God. I think I would rather listen to Rush than Pearl Jam. Rush is at least kind of campy.
Last edited by JennyB on 20 May 2019, 9:27am, edited 1 time in total.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Kory wrote:
17 May 2019, 7:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 May 2019, 6:02pm
revbob wrote:
17 May 2019, 5:59pm

No Pearl Jam fixed that.
What else were they going to do with their time—make interesting music? Yeah, right.
Literally impossible.
There's only one Seattle band that I've ever liked, and I only like two of their albums. This area just doesn't produce anything of value.
AIC? And you're wrong about the area not producing anything of value:

Got a Rake? Sure!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Saw X and the Violent Femmes Friday night. Both were excellent. I was actually a little worried about X because of Billy Zoom's illness, but I should have known better (also, I should always listen to Tep). The biggest surprise of the night was how much VH liked X - he thought they were going to be like Minor Threat or something. VH, jr. really liked them too and he was excited to hear that he got to see a very important band. Most of the crowd was there to see the Femmes, but there were some die hards, which was lovely to see. I think they won the audience over spectacularly - mix of older and a few newer songs sprinkled in. Billy sat in a chair (I think he still does maintenance chemo, so I'm sure that takes its toll), but he had his signature grin on his face the whole time. Exene and John sounded fantastic.

This was probably my 13th time seeing VF, and they didn't disappoint. I first saw them when I was in 8th grade in 1985, and they still have that same energy. What other band uses a Weber grill as a percussion instrument? I don't have much to add because it's always an absolute delight seeing them. The best part of the night was watching VH, Jr. He's still in a wheelchair from his bike accident, so we were a little worried. But everyone at the venue, from the staff to the audience, was awesome. One woman came and grabbed us and made room next to her table right near the stage (it's a typical small venue with the floor, then three small levels with tables, then a second level with seats). We were right at the front of the stage off to the side a bit. He has seen them once before, but it was at a big outdoor amphitheater, so for him to be this close was a real treat. The best part of the night was when Brian Ritchie gave him his xylophone mallets after Gone Daddy Gone. See the pic below (sorry it's sideways)!

The worst part? I had two tiny beers and had a raging hangover the next day. Getting old sucks.
Attachments
Femmes.jpg
Femmes.jpg (37.07 KiB) Viewed 2523 times
Got a Rake? Sure!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 May 2019, 6:48pm
revbob wrote:
19 May 2019, 6:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

The handful of peanuts I throw out onto the deck every morning says otherwise.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
20 May 2019, 9:39am
Saw X and the Violent Femmes Friday night. Both were excellent. I was actually a little worried about X because of Billy Zoom's illness, but I should have known better (also, I should always listen to Tep). The biggest surprise of the night was how much VH liked X - he thought they were going to be like Minor Threat or something. VH, jr. really liked them too and he was excited to hear that he got to see a very important band. Most of the crowd was there to see the Femmes, but there were some die hards, which was lovely to see. I think they won the audience over spectacularly - mix of older and a few newer songs sprinkled in. Billy sat in a chair (I think he still does maintenance chemo, so I'm sure that takes its toll), but he had his signature grin on his face the whole time. Exene and John sounded fantastic.

This was probably my 13th time seeing VF, and they didn't disappoint. I first saw them when I was in 8th grade in 1985, and they still have that same energy. What other band uses a Weber grill as a percussion instrument? I don't have much to add because it's always an absolute delight seeing them. The best part of the night was watching VH, Jr. He's still in a wheelchair from his bike accident, so we were a little worried. But everyone at the venue, from the staff to the audience, was awesome. One woman came and grabbed us and made room next to her table right near the stage (it's a typical small venue with the floor, then three small levels with tables, then a second level with seats). We were right at the front of the stage off to the side a bit. He has seen them once before, but it was at a big outdoor amphitheater, so for him to be this close was a real treat. The best part of the night was when Brian Ritchie gave him his xylophone mallets after Gone Daddy Gone. See the pic below (sorry it's sideways)!

The worst part? I had two tiny beers and had a raging hangover the next day. Getting old sucks.
That's awesome about VH Jr''s bonus. Time to work this wheelchair thing into a real money-making scam!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 May 2019, 9:46am
JennyB wrote:

That's awesome about VH Jr''s bonus. Time to work this wheelchair thing into a real money-making scam!
:naughty: I already feel bad enough. Last night at dinner, VH took him to the bathroom. Our server came by for the first time and saw that there were only two chairs and a kids menu. She asked if we needed a high chair and I told her that no, my son is in a wheelchair. I realize I made it sound like something permanent, and I felt like a huge asshole.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
20 May 2019, 9:54am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 May 2019, 9:46am
JennyB wrote:

:naughty: I already feel bad enough. Last night at dinner, VH took him to the bathroom. Our server came by for the first time and saw that there were only two chairs and a kids menu. She asked if we needed a high chair and I told her that no, my son is in a wheelchair. I realize I made it sound like something permanent, and I felt like a huge asshole.
Well then, if the boy is going to become a grifter, it's clear that his mother won't be supporting his dreams. Harumph!

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

JennyB wrote:
Exene and John sounded fantastic.
Best harmonizing in rock and roll.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.