So what's your concert schedule looking like?

General music discussion.
WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 1:21pm
Flex wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 1:14pm
JennyB wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 11:41am
Flex wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 10:21pm
revbob wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 9:20pm
Im not planning to go but the Cure are doing 3 nights at MSG. 3 nights?
Goths, man
And they are only doing one night at Fiddler's Green in suburban Denver, which I believe only holds about 5,000? And when I was a kid, Denver was a HUGE Cure town. That was surprising to me. Not coming to the 'Jortsville, of course.
Maybe they could get a gig in the jortsville of they agreed to open for a Styx cover band or something
Fun fact: The demand for quality Styx cover bands is so great in Missouri that state law requires registration and proof of ability by playing a medley of “Come Sail Away,” “Snowblind,” and “Mr. Roboto” before a committee made up of the governor, Jiffy Lube employees, and death row inmates.
Not quite Styx related, but there is a guy who lives in my hometown (it's not a big town at all, in fact, I walked my dog past the dude's house last night) who was the singer for ex-REO Speedwagon guitarist Gary Richrath's post REO band. He now fronts a Gary Richrath tribute band and plays Milwaukee area festivals.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 11:14am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 1:21pm
Flex wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 1:14pm
JennyB wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 11:41am
Flex wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 10:21pm

Goths, man
And they are only doing one night at Fiddler's Green in suburban Denver, which I believe only holds about 5,000? And when I was a kid, Denver was a HUGE Cure town. That was surprising to me. Not coming to the 'Jortsville, of course.
Maybe they could get a gig in the jortsville of they agreed to open for a Styx cover band or something
Fun fact: The demand for quality Styx cover bands is so great in Missouri that state law requires registration and proof of ability by playing a medley of “Come Sail Away,” “Snowblind,” and “Mr. Roboto” before a committee made up of the governor, Jiffy Lube employees, and death row inmates.
Not quite Styx related, but there is a guy who lives in my hometown (it's not a big town at all, in fact, I walked my dog past the dude's house last night) who was the singer for ex-REO Speedwagon guitarist Gary Richrath's post REO band. He now fronts a Gary Richrath tribute band and plays Milwaukee area festivals.
I thought we had an exploding head emoji but cant find it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
Is there a word that simultaneously means hilarity and pity? Hilarpity?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 11:21am
WestwayKid wrote:
I've heard them at our local summer festival and it's everything you would imagine it to be, but they definitely have an audience.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

https://www.project313rocks.com/

It's called Richrath Project 3:13, btw.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 11:25am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
I've heard them at our local summer festival and it's everything you would imagine it to be, but they definitely have an audience.
An audience that either has type 2 diabetes or will acquire it later in life.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 11:31am
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
We have 2 large festivals every summer. The 4th of July and then something called "Village Days" in August. They set up stages in the town center and it's 3 days of cover bands (that I can hear from my front yard). Nobody should have to hear 3 different bands cover "Lady" by Styx over the course of a weekend.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 11:42am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
We have 2 large festivals every summer. The 4th of July and then something called "Village Days" in August. They set up stages in the town center and it's 3 days of cover bands (that I can hear from my front yard). Nobody should have to hear 3 different bands cover "Lady" by Styx over the course of a weekend.
I'm okay with making that part of the punishment for war criminals. Don't do the genocide if you can't handle "Too Much Time On My Hands" by Forever DeYoung: A Styx Odyssey.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:

I didn't know Gary Richrath was legendary. Also whats the 3:13 some bible nonsense?

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 12:07pm
WestwayKid wrote:

I didn't know Gary Richrath was legendary. Also whats the 3:13 some bible nonsense?
I was going to make a smart ass remark that 3:13 was the average length of time a non-REO fan could tolerate their music, but it appears it's a reference to his late brother.

https://www.project313rocks.com/about-t ... 03%3A13%22.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 1:47pm
revbob wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

I was going to make a smart ass remark that 3:13 was the average length of time a non-REO fan could tolerate their music, but it appears it's a reference to his late brother.

https://www.project313rocks.com/about-t ... 03%3A13%22.
No way I could put up with much more than 13 seconds, not without bloodshed.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

revbob wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

I guess anyone can be considered legendary.

It looks like REO is mostly intact from their "golden" days... with the 2 newest members having joined in 1989.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 12:06pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I'm okay with making that part of the punishment for war criminals. Don't do the genocide if you can't handle "Too Much Time On My Hands" by Forever DeYoung: A Styx Odyssey.
There is nothing redeeming about Styx. They have several crimes against humanity to atone for. I truly hate Angry Young Man, with it's obnoxious synth sounds and DeYoung's whiny voice.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 2:50pm
revbob wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

I guess anyone can be considered legendary.

It looks like REO is mostly intact from their "golden" days... with the 2 newest members having joined in 1989.
Matey is best friends with one of these guys. Was best man at his wedding if I remember correctly.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 2:54pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 12:06pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

There is nothing redeeming about Styx. They have several crimes against humanity to atone for. I truly hate Angry Young Man, with it's obnoxious synth sounds and DeYoung's whiny voice.
Just a terrible, terrible band. Can’t even be semi-enjoyed ironically.