So what's your concert schedule looking like?

General music discussion.
Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Olaf »

Heston wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 1:31pm
Chrissie Hynde and band next week in an intimate Edinburgh venue. I'm not the biggest fan but I have to indulge the missus. She put up with me doing my Wicker Man filming locations tour last month.
I want to see a picture of you hanging upside down from that iron gate. I mean, everyone can recreate the first album cover ...
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Olaf wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 9:13pm
Heston wrote:
Chrissie Hynde and band next week in an intimate Edinburgh venue. I'm not the biggest fan but I have to indulge the missus. She put up with me doing my Wicker Man filming locations tour last month.
I want to see a picture of you hanging upside down from that iron gate. I mean, everyone can recreate the first album cover ...
Ooh there's an idea....
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Heston wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 11:38pm
Olaf wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 9:13pm
Heston wrote:
Ooh there's an idea....
Please do it. You can have all my Scorpions records.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

I just saw Otoboke Beaver for the second time and I said it in 2019 and I'll say it again, they are the future of punk rock. Just youtube them or better yet just go see them, they are amazing

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Just had a friend reach out and ask me if I wanted to see Ryan Adams tomorrow night. I think I'm going to say yes. He's been playing nearly 3 hour solo sets and getting good reviews. Like Morrissey, I've struggled with my Ryan Adams fandom in recent years. I love his music. It's helped get me through some of the worst times in my life. He's clearly a flawed human being, but he also just celebrated one year sober & I hope he's turning his life around.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

WestwayKid wrote:
18 Oct 2022, 5:55pm
Just had a friend reach out and ask me if I wanted to see Ryan Adams tomorrow night. I think I'm going to say yes. He's been playing nearly 3 hour solo sets and getting good reviews. Like Morrissey, I've struggled with my Ryan Adams fandom in recent years. I love his music. It's helped get me through some of the worst times in my life. He's clearly a flawed human being, but he also just celebrated one year sober & I hope he's turning his life around.
I hope he plays Summer of 69!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 2:57pm
WestwayKid wrote:
That song is Bryan Adams' only redeeming piece of work. Not because the song is any good, but that he had a massive hit with a smutty joke hiding in plain sight. Gotta tip your hat to that kind of effort.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Summer of 69 is great. Catchy as hell, great arrangement, great vocal performance. That Dmaj key change to Fmaj bridge too. Just top notch all around.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 3:20pm
Summer of 69 is great. Catchy as hell, great arrangement, great vocal performance. That Dmaj key change to Fmaj bridge too. Just top notch all around.
You like it because BA was sold as Canada's Brooooce when he was coming up. :shifty:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Man, WWK is gonna have such a great time at that bryan adams concert
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 3:03pm
JennyB wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
That song is Bryan Adams' only redeeming piece of work. Not because the song is any good, but that he had a massive hit with a smutty joke hiding in plain sight. Gotta tip your hat to that kind of effort.
Someone needs to get their story straight.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_of_%2769

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 4:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Jesus, Vallance, you have an opportunity to be marginally cool, don't wreck it. :rolleyes:

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Flex wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 3:36pm
Man, WWK is gonna have such a great time at that bryan adams concert
My favorite is how mad Ryan Adams gets when people joke about this. Lighten up, Francis. Especially since you and Bryan Adams SHARE THE SAME BIRTHDAY.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 3:30pm
matedog wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 3:20pm
You like it because BA was sold as Canada's Brooooce when he was coming up. :shifty:
He's the poorest man's Bruce. Makes sense that he's Canadian.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 4:36pm
revbob wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 4:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Jesus, Vallance, you have an opportunity to be marginally cool, don't wreck it. :rolleyes:
Yeah the girl Adams is talking about went to a different school so Vallance wouldn't know her.