So what's your concert schedule looking like?

General music discussion.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 6:33am
Summer of 69 is a pile of shit. And give us Limeys credit for not making it a hit. It never scraped the top 40 over here.
#42. Technically you're correct, but let's not be giving ourselves the Lt. Pigeon Award for chart purity here.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 7:55am
Heston wrote:
Summer of 69 is a pile of shit. And give us Limeys credit for not making it a hit. It never scraped the top 40 over here.
#42. Technically you're correct, but let's not be giving ourselves the Lt. Pigeon Award for chart purity here.
So if it charted two slots higher it would be "good"? It is Summer of '69 and not '59 after all.

Hestonian logic gets murky at times

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 8:09am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 7:55am
Heston wrote:
So if it charted two slots higher it would be "good"? It is Summer of '69 and not '59 after all.

Hestonian logic gets murky at times
He'll never stop relying on the charts as if they're hard evidence.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

when Randy Bachman left Bachman-Turner Overdrive, the remaining Bachman and Turner grabbed some unknown to me canadian bass player (Jim Clench), changed their name to "BTO" and made 2 more albums that nobody ever cared about. One of the songs on the second album nobody cared about was written by Bryan Adams, either 1978 or 79. Song is called "Wastin' Time" and if you are REALLY bored here it is. New bassist on vocals.
Wonder why nobody cared about these two albums ..............................
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Wife and I went to see CRJ last Friday. We caught 19 of the 26 songs she played because kids but had a blast. The crowd was really great and very gay. We were far away but everyone in our area was standing and dancing. "Talking to Yourself" seemed like an immediate hit with the audience. She didn't have a lot of banter between songs, just went right to the next song. Her voice stayed strong throughout in spite of what has to be a taxing set.
Attachments
2C8BFA0A-CE78-4A79-9A27-1AF42C7DB415.jpeg
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

matedog wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 3:50pm
Wife and I went to see CRJ last Friday. We caught 19 of the 26 songs she played because kids but had a blast. The crowd was really great and very gay. We were far away but everyone in our area was standing and dancing. "Talking to Yourself" seemed like an immediate hit with the audience. She didn't have a lot of banter between songs, just went right to the next song. Her voice stayed strong throughout in spite of what has to be a taxing set.
I might be the only one here to appreciate this. Did you post this just for me? I'm flattered.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Kory wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 3:10pm
matedog wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 3:50pm
I might be the only one here to appreciate this. Did you post this just for me? I'm flattered.
:kiss:
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Gladys Nght is coming to town. Im tempted.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 6:30pm
Pipless?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 7:13pm
revbob wrote:
Pipless?
Notta

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 8:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 7:13pm
revbob wrote:
Pipless?
Notta
Thanks a lot, Obama.

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

IMG_20221103_200352884_HDR.jpg
Went to the damned reunion in Manchester last night, pricey but at this stage in the game I can't miss these chances...sounded great and the set was filmed so expect a dvd soon...got the chance to chat with Mr Scabies before they played, a thoroughly nice chap and he mentioned the band are getting on very well so its possible they might do something else after this tour. There was guy collecting signatures for a jools Holland petition for the damned to play...would be good if it comes to fruition.
Next up is Snakerattlers tomorrow in York, then Clem Burke on Thursday and then the Strummer anniversary in the smoke...
Still have no idea why photos go the wrong way up...
Attachments
IMG_20221103_200315172_HDR.jpg

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

motorsmell wrote:
04 Nov 2022, 4:07pm
Try and edit them first before uploading them. You don't even have to change anything jist edit and save, that does it for me.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

motorsmell wrote:
ImageIMG_20221103_200352884_HDR.jpg

Went to the damned reunion in Manchester last night, pricey but at this stage in the game I can't miss these chances...sounded great and the set was filmed so expect a dvd soon...got the chance to chat with Mr Scabies before they played, a thoroughly nice chap and he mentioned the band are getting on very well so its possible they might do something else after this tour. There was guy collecting signatures for a jools Holland petition for the damned to play...would be good if it comes to fruition.
Next up is Snakerattlers tomorrow in York, then Clem Burke on Thursday and then the Strummer anniversary in the smoke...
:cool: I saw that Rat set his cymbals on fire, and David and Cap smashed Cap's bass.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

motorsmell wrote:
ImageIMG_20221103_200352884_HDR.jpg

I've met Rat and he is salt of the earth. A good guy. The Captain has also mentioned recently that there may be something else lined up featuring them both in the future. Great to see they have buried the hatchet.

Great pix pix mate, thanks for sharing.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia