The David Bowie is God Thread

General music discussion.
Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 15886
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by Silent Majority »

tepista wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 9:33am
Who do those two think they are, to have better seats than Bowie?

Image
She looks pissed off at their talking. Good.
Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom, but I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control and it didn't have any inherent wisdom. I quickly realised that you either became a power or you were crushed


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5190
Joined: 19 Feb 2009, 1:10pm

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by muppet hi fi »

tepista wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 9:33am
Who do those two think they are, to have better seats than Bowie?

Image
Roger Taylor: "She looks better on TV".

Brian May: "Aye".

Bowie: "Eh, I'd do 'er. In fact think I will soon as the cricket's over".

Diana: "Fuck me, I hate County Cricket. Can't wait to get to Oz for some proper Test play..."

Charles: "My dear, if you're going to be sick, could you please do it at a Man U footy match and not here with the Quality".

Big ex-SAS Bloke With the Mustache: "Oi, get a load o' that bint's bum. Must see about that one soon as the Prince gets to Carmella's..."
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21748
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by 101Walterton »

tepista wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 9:33am
Who do those two think they are, to have better seats than Bowie?

Image
Is that Camilla going in to the snog with Charles looks more like Kathy Burke?

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46641
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 7:01pm
tepista wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 9:33am
Who do those two think they are, to have better seats than Bowie?

Image
Is that Camilla going in to the snog with Charles looks more like Kathy Burke?
That's a geezer.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 15886
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by Silent Majority »

Hear me out on this. Madness should cover Hallo Spaceboy.
Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom, but I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control and it didn't have any inherent wisdom. I quickly realised that you either became a power or you were crushed


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46641
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
29 Mar 2020, 8:07am
Hear me out on this. Madness should cover Hallo Spaceboy.
Interesting idea. Wood be fun to see Lee Thompson in a spacesuit again
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 34945
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by tepista »

Image
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21748
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by 101Walterton »

Signed prints by NZ most famous living artist.
A Lad Insane



https://fishmob.co.nz/products/signed-a ... k-frizzell
Attachments
29A90307-FDCC-426C-A80F-20B22A6D43ED.png

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 34945
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by tepista »

tepista wrote:
07 Apr 2020, 4:19pm
Image
I thought this would have went over a little better. :meh:

01. Starman
02. Magic Dance
03. Station To Station
04. Cat People (Putting Out Fire)
05. Red Money
06. The Laughing Gnome
07. Lady Grinning Soul
08. Moonage Daydream
09. Queen Bitch
10. John, I’m Only Dancing
11. Up The Hill Backwards
12. Teenage Wildlife
13. The Jean Genie
14. Chilly Down
15. Real Cool World
16. Rock ‘n’ roll Suicide
17. Time
18. Zeroes
19. Scream Like A Baby
20. Boys Keep Swinging
21. Sound And Vision
22. Loving The Alien
23. Silly Boy Blue
24. The Hearts Filthy Lesson
25. The Supermen [could also be "Heroes"]
26. China Girl
27. Look Back In Anger
28. Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)
29. Video Crime
30. Lightning Frightening
31. This Is Not America
32. Sons Of The Silent Age
33. Looking For Water
34. Width Of A Circle
35. Like A Rocket Man
36. Peace On Earth/Little Drummer Boy
37. Blackstar
38. Soul Love
39. Watch That Man
40. Black Tie White Noise
41. Kooks
42. Never Let Me Down
43. Time Will Crawl
44. Angel, Angel, Grubby Face
45. When The Wind Blows
46. Crystal Japan
47. Pretty Pink Rose
48. When The Boys Come Marching Home
49. Holy Holy
50. Shadow Man
51. The Man Who Sold The World
52. Chant Of The Ever Circling Skeletal Family
53. Glass Spider
54. Tin Machine
55. African Night Flight
56. Running Gun Blues
57. Looking For A Friend
58. New York’s In Love
59. She’s Got Medals
60. Fall Dog Bombs The Moon
61. Tonight
62. Be My Wife
63. Baby Can Dance
64. Looking For Satellites
65. Sweet Head
66. John, I’m Only Dancing (Again)
67. Dollar Days
68. Who Can I Be Now?
69. Blue Jean
70. Right
71. Sex And The Church
72. Algeria Touchshriek
73. Slow Burn
74. Hallo Spaceboy
75. There Is A Happy Land
76. Silver Tree Top School For Boys
77. Little Fat Man With The Pug Nosed Face
78. Needles On The Beach
79. Diamond Dogs
80. Art Decade
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21748
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by 101Walterton »

tepista wrote:
07 Apr 2020, 10:10pm
tepista wrote:
07 Apr 2020, 4:19pm
Image
I thought this would have went over a little better. :meh:

01. Starman
02. Magic Dance
03. Station To Station
04. Cat People (Putting Out Fire)
05. Red Money
06. The Laughing Gnome
07. Lady Grinning Soul
08. Moonage Daydream
09. Queen Bitch
10. John, I’m Only Dancing
11. Up The Hill Backwards
12. Teenage Wildlife
13. The Jean Genie
14. Chilly Down
15. Real Cool World
16. Rock ‘n’ roll Suicide
17. Time
18. Zeroes
19. Scream Like A Baby
20. Boys Keep Swinging
21. Sound And Vision
22. Loving The Alien
23. Silly Boy Blue
24. The Hearts Filthy Lesson
25. The Supermen [could also be "Heroes"]
26. China Girl
27. Look Back In Anger
28. Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)
29. Video Crime
30. Lightning Frightening
31. This Is Not America
32. Sons Of The Silent Age
33. Looking For Water
34. Width Of A Circle
35. Like A Rocket Man
36. Peace On Earth/Little Drummer Boy
37. Blackstar
38. Soul Love
39. Watch That Man
40. Black Tie White Noise
41. Kooks
42. Never Let Me Down
43. Time Will Crawl
44. Angel, Angel, Grubby Face
45. When The Wind Blows
46. Crystal Japan
47. Pretty Pink Rose
48. When The Boys Come Marching Home
49. Holy Holy
50. Shadow Man
51. The Man Who Sold The World
52. Chant Of The Ever Circling Skeletal Family
53. Glass Spider
54. Tin Machine
55. African Night Flight
56. Running Gun Blues
57. Looking For A Friend
58. New York’s In Love
59. She’s Got Medals
60. Fall Dog Bombs The Moon
61. Tonight
62. Be My Wife
63. Baby Can Dance
64. Looking For Satellites
65. Sweet Head
66. John, I’m Only Dancing (Again)
67. Dollar Days
68. Who Can I Be Now?
69. Blue Jean
70. Right
71. Sex And The Church
72. Algeria Touchshriek
73. Slow Burn
74. Hallo Spaceboy
75. There Is A Happy Land
76. Silver Tree Top School For Boys
77. Little Fat Man With The Pug Nosed Face
78. Needles On The Beach
79. Diamond Dogs
80. Art Decade
You should have just put up the hardest one we would have been arguing over it for pages!!

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 34945
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by tepista »

Image
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46641
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

tepista wrote:
08 Apr 2020, 1:19pm
Image
Bowie looks awful in that pic.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46641
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

tepista wrote:
07 Apr 2020, 10:10pm
tepista wrote:
07 Apr 2020, 4:19pm
Image
I thought this would have went over a little better. :meh:

01. Starman
02. Magic Dance
03. Station To Station
04. Cat People (Putting Out Fire)
05. Red Money
06. The Laughing Gnome
07. Lady Grinning Soul
08. Moonage Daydream
09. Queen Bitch
10. John, I’m Only Dancing
11. Up The Hill Backwards
12. Teenage Wildlife
13. The Jean Genie
14. Chilly Down
15. Real Cool World
16. Rock ‘n’ roll Suicide
17. Time
18. Zeroes
19. Scream Like A Baby
20. Boys Keep Swinging
21. Sound And Vision
22. Loving The Alien
23. Silly Boy Blue
24. The Hearts Filthy Lesson
25. The Supermen [could also be "Heroes"]
26. China Girl
27. Look Back In Anger
28. Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)
29. Video Crime
30. Lightning Frightening
31. This Is Not America
32. Sons Of The Silent Age
33. Looking For Water
34. Width Of A Circle
35. Like A Rocket Man
36. Peace On Earth/Little Drummer Boy
37. Blackstar
38. Soul Love
39. Watch That Man
40. Black Tie White Noise
41. Kooks
42. Never Let Me Down
43. Time Will Crawl
44. Angel, Angel, Grubby Face
45. When The Wind Blows
46. Crystal Japan
47. Pretty Pink Rose
48. When The Boys Come Marching Home
49. Holy Holy
50. Shadow Man
51. The Man Who Sold The World
52. Chant Of The Ever Circling Skeletal Family
53. Glass Spider
54. Tin Machine
55. African Night Flight
56. Running Gun Blues
57. Looking For A Friend
58. New York’s In Love
59. She’s Got Medals
60. Fall Dog Bombs The Moon
61. Tonight
62. Be My Wife
63. Baby Can Dance
64. Looking For Satellites
65. Sweet Head
66. John, I’m Only Dancing (Again)
67. Dollar Days
68. Who Can I Be Now?
69. Blue Jean
70. Right
71. Sex And The Church
72. Algeria Touchshriek
73. Slow Burn
74. Hallo Spaceboy
75. There Is A Happy Land
76. Silver Tree Top School For Boys
77. Little Fat Man With The Pug Nosed Face
78. Needles On The Beach
79. Diamond Dogs
80. Art Decade
I did this at home last night. Couldn't get 77, 72, 48, 75.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Inder
User avatar
corecore vanguard
Posts: 9635
Joined: 14 Jun 2008, 3:28pm

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by Inder »

Marky Dread wrote:
08 Apr 2020, 2:58pm
tepista wrote:
08 Apr 2020, 1:19pm
Image
Bowie looks awful in that pic.

I was in my thirties when I realized that Whoopi Goldberg doesn't have eyebrows.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46641
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

Inder wrote:
08 Apr 2020, 3:02pm
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Apr 2020, 2:58pm
tepista wrote:
08 Apr 2020, 1:19pm
Image
Bowie looks awful in that pic.

I was in my thirties when I realized that Whoopi Goldberg doesn't have eyebrows.
I never noticed. Bowie on the other hand.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Post Reply