Re: Public Image Limited

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 11:02am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 6:02am
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... eyday.html

That ain't actually him, is it?
Sure is. Why do you want to borrow his pyjamas?

I guess at 62 he's entitled to pile on some weight. I just hope his health isn't suffering. Maybe he needs another stint in the jungle.
Sure, at 62 it's expected to be less-than-svelte and he's been beer-gutty for some time, but the last time I saw clips of him from earlier this year, he still had a neck. He's now an egg on a bigger egg. That's a dramatic weight gain.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 1:53pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I guess at 62 he's entitled to pile on some weight. I just hope his health isn't suffering. Maybe he needs another stint in the jungle.
Sure, at 62 it's expected to be less-than-svelte and he's been beer-gutty for some time, but the last time I saw clips of him from earlier this year, he still had a neck. He's now an egg on a bigger egg. That's a dramatic weight gain.
I'm actually shocked looking at the photos because for the first time he doesn't look like John Lydon and I definitely understand we all change as we get older but as the Doc mentioned - I also saw clips of him from earlier this year and he still looked like John Lydon.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

WestwayKid wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 2:08pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I'm actually shocked looking at the photos because for the first time he doesn't look like John Lydon and I definitely understand we all change as we get older but as the Doc mentioned - I also saw clips of him from earlier this year and he still looked like John Lydon.
I gained like 30 pounds over the course of Ali’s pregnancy and I was starting to look very round, but this is a hell of s jump.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Wolter wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 2:15pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I gained like 30 pounds over the course of Ali’s pregnancy and I was starting to look very round, but this is a hell of s jump.
I wouldn't fat shame him. I will shame him on holding onto that 'look'.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

His face is pretty wrinkle free. That's a strategy I might employ to try to stay young looking in the future: pile on the lbs to swell my face and reduce wrinkles.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 2:24pm
Wolter wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 2:15pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

I wouldn't fat shame him. I will shame him on holding onto that 'look'.
Pajama shame.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Wolter wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 3:35pm

Pajama shame.
He looks more like a chef at the omelette station at Sizzler's breakfast buffet.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 3:46pm
Wolter wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 3:35pm

Pajama shame.
He looks more like a chef at the omelette station at Sizzler's breakfast buffet.
Or an off-duty clown.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I'll be seeing him in November. I'll keep you all updated on his waistline.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

This is a picture of John from 2016. He's been big for a while now. I think it depends on the way the camera captures him and the angle.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 3:57pm
This is a picture of John from 2016. He's been big for a while now. I think it depends on the way the camera captures him and the angle.

That would suggest he's been putting out more flattering photos when he controls the process. Understandable, I suppose. Still, I figured Steve Jones' title as the fattest Sex Pistol was safe, but, sorry, Steve.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I think Steve looks really well in recent Jonesys Jukeboxes.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Of course the slimmest Pistol in 2018 is Sid.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Kory wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 3:55pm
I'll be seeing him in November. I'll keep you all updated on his waistline.
Hello,

Good luck seeing the band behind him.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 4:09pm
Of course the slimmest Pistol in 2018 is Sid.
Tied with McLaren, I guess.

And, yeah, Steve does look healthier these days, tho both Cook and Matlock seem quite trim.