Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 11:11am
Marky Dread wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 11:01am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 10:57am
Marky Dread wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 10:52am

No real need to mention her at all. Kill John by all means but that comparison struck me as ill thought.
Fair enough, I can see where my comparison might be seen as tasteless. My gut overruled my heart and brain.
You're still my hero and my love is undiminished. ;)
:lol: I knew not releasing my cover album of That What Is Not was wise in the long run.
People be ready for that around 2050. :mrgreen:
Yes, the world should be a wasteland by then.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Public Image Limited

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 11:23am
Marky Dread wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 11:19am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 11:11am
Marky Dread wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 11:01am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 10:57am

Fair enough, I can see where my comparison might be seen as tasteless. My gut overruled my heart and brain.
You're still my hero and my love is undiminished. ;)
:lol: I knew not releasing my cover album of That What Is Not was wise in the long run.
People be ready for that around 2050. :mrgreen:
Yes, the world should be a wasteland by then.
I respect your optimism. :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 9:51am
Lydon is as demented as his wife. With him, tho, it's a choice. Welcome to Morrisseyland, you old fuckface.
http://exclaim.ca/music/article/john_ly ... _only_hope
"I'm working-class English," Lydon said. "It makes complete sense to me to vote for a person who actually talks about my kind of people."
Talking about them and helping them are very separate things.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 4:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Lydon is as demented as his wife. With him, tho, it's a choice. Welcome to Morrisseyland, you old fuckface.
"I'm working-class English," Lydon said. "It makes complete sense to me to vote for a person who actually talks about my kind of people."
He's replicating that nonsensical argument about W. being the kind of guy you'd like to have a beer with. Even tho, y'know, the job description isn't having a beer with you.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 4:40pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
He's replicating that nonsensical argument about W. being the kind of guy you'd like to have a beer with. Even tho, y'know, the job description isn't having a beer with you.
I understand class in the UK tends to be considered far more immutable, but has Lydon actually worked a day job at any point in the last 44 years or so?

Like, I get that he grew up in grinding poverty, but when was the last time he did manual labor?
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Wolter wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 4:52pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I understand class in the UK tends to be considered far more immutable, but has Lydon actually worked a day job at any point in the last 44 years or so?

Like, I get that he grew up in grinding poverty, but when was the last time he did manual labor?
From what I've read he and Sid worked in some place washing dishes. And John did some work on building sites with his dad but he was puny and weedy. He had some work hunting rats at one point. Probably the building site. He had a job as a singer in band called the Sex Pistols but he couldn't really sing.

I'm working class. John is from a working class background but I wouldn't consider him working class now.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 5:07pm
Wolter wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 4:52pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

From what I've read he and Sid worked in some place washing dishes. And John did some work on building sites with his dad but he was puny and weedy. He had some work hunting rats at one point. Probably the building site. He had a job as a singer in band called the Sex Pistols but he couldn't really sing.

I'm working class. John is from a working class background but I wouldn't consider him working class now.
I think there is some wiggle room in between what you do to make your money and your worldview. That is, if you grew up working class (or middle class or etc etc) you can retain that perspective for the rest of your life, even if your material circumstances change. But if you want to convince somebody of what's going on in your head, you need to demonstrate it with your behaviours and expressions. Has Lydon showed a working-class perspective in behaviour and politics in, like, the last forty years? I dunno one way or the other, but I'm skeptical.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Like I said I'm working class and will remain so for the rest of my life.

Lydon is proud of his working class roots but that's not enough. It's got nothing to do with the money he's made either.

To be working class is a state of mind to care about others hardships respect your surroundings and help out where you can.

John ticks most of those boxes but he is no longer in his own back yard. Yes California is his home and has been for quite some time but he ain't fooling nobody by backing trash like Trump. Those people in Mexico who Trump wants to keep out are working class. If John really cares about those people he would never back a racist like Trump.

It turns my stomach way more than Morrissey as he was always a very odd fish.
But John got his wealth by being working class and the kid who showed that some of us could make it.

Yes many people who are working class in the US will vote for Trump but they are simply being conned in the same way the working class here in the 70s/80s were conned by Thatcher. Trump cares fuck all about those people but they make up a big number and he needs those votes.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Well said, Marky, all around.

One of the things that I can't figure out about Lydon is that Trump and his crowd would despise Lydon's biracial grandchildren. Shithole countries and all that. I get that so much of supporting Trump involves ignoring all the stuff that demonstrates his contempt for you, but, fucking hell, that stuff is just out there in the open.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 7:31pm

One of the things that I can't figure out about Lydon is that Trump and his crowd would despise Lydon's biracial grandchildren. Shithole countries and all that. I get that so much of supporting Trump involves ignoring all the stuff that demonstrates his contempt for you, but, fucking hell, that stuff is just out there in the open.
Obviously all I see is current news feeds. But I always get the impression that seeing the showman at the big event is more important than the big issues.

Trump is an abuser of power a racist and everything I've come to despise in a person.

I hope a bald eagle flies down grabs his stupid wig and carries him off then drops him down a cliff.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Humandrummachine
Corner Soul

Post by Humandrummachine »

I'm looking for the old audio of PIL shows. The numbers of music files what we can listen to on guitars101 is few. Please upload on mediafire or guitars101, anyone!

Humandrummachine
Corner Soul

Post by Humandrummachine »

Marky Dread wrote:
06 Nov 2020, 4:47am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 7:31pm

Obviously all I see is current news feeds. But I always get the impression that seeing the showman at the big event is more important than the big issues.

Trump is an abuser of power a racist and everything I've come to despise in a person.

I hope a bald eagle flies down grabs his stupid wig and carries him off then drops him down a cliff.
I'm looking for the old audio of PIL shows. The numbers of music files what we can listen to on guitars101 is few. Please upload on mediafire or MEGA.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Marks got a lot on.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

Marky Dread wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 6:55pm

Lydon is proud of his working class roots but that's not enough. It's got nothing to do with the money he's made either.

To be working class is a state of mind to care about others hardships respect your surroundings and help out where you can.

John ticks most of those boxes but he is no longer in his own back yard. Yes California is his home and has been for quite some time but he ain't fooling nobody by backing trash like Trump. Those people in Mexico who Trump wants to keep out are working class. If John really cares about those people he would never back a racist like Trump.

But John got his wealth by being working class and the kid who showed that some of us could make it.

Yes many people who are working class in the US will vote for Trump but they are simply being conned in the same way the working class here in the 70s/80s were conned by Thatcher. Trump cares fuck all about those people but they make up a big number and he needs those votes.
Same thing with Noel Gallagher. Made some very passively aggressive racist comments about how much working class culture and music has become "degraded" in britain. Considering the popularity of rap and grime I don't think that's a terribly hard one to figure out. And yes a ton of Union Laborers voted for Trump which is mind boggling. Honestly even the democrats have sold out the labor unions. It's a fucking disgrace. Baby boomers who constantly rag on these organizations are dumb and delusional beyond belief. They cream their pants over the "Pax Americana" of the 1950s. Yet unbeknownst to them, 60% of America's workforce belonged to a labor union of somesort and the income tax was as high as 50% for some demographics. Not exactly a capitalist utopia. Conservatives shake their heads over falling marriage rates and such. I got news for you. Less to do with the supposed "degeneracy" of America, and more to do with the fact that a man can't support a simple family of four by himself. Labor unions, wealth redistribution etc actually strengthen families by not constantly raping them of their financial resources. I don't despise people who are wealthy. That's great for you if you have 20 million in the bank. Whom I despise is the ultra wealthy. There is simply no reason why a person should be a billionaire. That much concentration of wealth undermines democracy and a fair and free market. You shift from capitalism to more of a fucking oligarchal hellhole with dickheads like Jeff Bezos influencing global and domestic politics.

EDIT: Just realized this post was like 5 months old. My bad.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

RockNRollWhore wrote:
24 Apr 2021, 6:15am
Marky Dread wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 6:55pm

Same thing with Noel Gallagher. Made some very passively aggressive racist comments about how much working class culture and music has become "degraded" in britain. Considering the popularity of rap and grime I don't think that's a terribly hard one to figure out. And yes a ton of Union Laborers voted for Trump which is mind boggling. Honestly even the democrats have sold out the labor unions. It's a fucking disgrace. Baby boomers who constantly rag on these organizations are dumb and delusional beyond belief. They cream their pants over the "Pax Americana" of the 1950s. Yet unbeknownst to them, 60% of America's workforce belonged to a labor union of somesort and the income tax was as high as 50% for some demographics. Not exactly a capitalist utopia. Conservatives shake their heads over falling marriage rates and such. I got news for you. Less to do with the supposed "degeneracy" of America, and more to do with the fact that a man can't support a simple family of four by himself. Labor unions, wealth redistribution etc actually strengthen families by not constantly raping them of their financial resources. I don't despise people who are wealthy. That's great for you if you have 20 million in the bank. Whom I despise is the ultra wealthy. There is simply no reason why a person should be a billionaire. That much concentration of wealth undermines democracy and a fair and free market. You shift from capitalism to more of a fucking oligarchal hellhole with dickheads like Jeff Bezos influencing global and domestic politics.

EDIT: Just realized this post was like 5 months old. My bad.
Doesn't matter how old the post is. Always good to get people's view. There isn't much older than the poor getting fucked over by the state. ;)

It makes no difference how wealthy someone is in this world to me. It's how they use that wealth to help others that matters.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia