The Dizzle and Jimmy Jizzle's Thread o'Bruce

General music discussion.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Dizzle and Jimmy Jizzle's Thread o'Bruce

Post by revbob »

Nobody else is bothered he was driving that thing around in the dead of winter?

Ive driven a car with no heat in the winter it aint fun.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I mentioned the Bruce thing in my seminar tonight—it was actually on-topic of sorts—and one student spoke up. She described herself as the world's biggest Bruce fan (to which I said I have a friend who would challenge that) and confirmed that she's in your camp. Whatever value was in his message was wholly undone by the connection to Jeep.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Yeah, the commercial sucked, but has anyone else had this u unquenchable urge to buy a jeep?
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
08 Feb 2021, 10:39pm
Yeah, the commercial sucked, but has anyone else had this u unquenchable urge to buy a jeep?
Metallica has already got me buying a Ford truck. Given that I don't even drive, much as I want, I can't justify buying two new vehicles.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Flex wrote:
First thing I did this morning:
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
09 Feb 2021, 12:19am
Flex wrote:
LOL, are you in Massachusetts ?

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Flex wrote:
I'm looking for a Brand New Cadillac, and that has nothing to do with an advert.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

matedog wrote:
Flex wrote:
Hello,

You stole a jeep?

matedog

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
09 Feb 2021, 7:58am
matedog wrote:
Flex wrote:
https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=60463C41
LOL, are you in Massachusetts ?
Nah, this was from a few years ago when the wife and I went to Massachusetts for her friend's wedding. Spent some time in Boston (met up with BBE too!) and then rented a car to go to Amherst for the wedding. Rented a Ford Focus and got this monstrosity instead.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Jimmy Jazz
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

I couldn't care less about the commercial. What I've found hardest to come to terms with is that Bruce doesn't use his turn signal. At least according to some journalist who interviewed him while they drove around his old neighborhood or something a few years ago. This is when it gets hard to separate the art from the artist.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

matedog

Post by matedog »

Inder wrote:
10 Feb 2021, 12:25pm
Given his history of depression, it's a particularly troubling report. I hope he's well and gets the treatment he needs.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I would guess that Jeep didn't know about this. You don't release a high profile ad when the guy pitching for you just got a DUI.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Feb 2021, 1:45pm
I would guess that Jeep didn't know about this. You don't release a high profile ad when the guy pitching for you just got a DUI.
Or they were a part of the coverup. :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
10 Feb 2021, 2:28pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Feb 2021, 1:45pm
Or they were a part of the coverup. :shifty:
Like a corporation would do that. :rolleyes: They care about the consumer, for gosh sakes.