General music discussion.
ElvisIsKing1977
Dirty Punk

Re: The Dizzle and Jimmy Jizzle's Thread o'Bruce

Post by ElvisIsKing1977 »

matedog wrote:
ElvisIsKing1977 wrote:can we talk about the awesomeness of this song/video?:

[youtube][/youtube]
Nothing pisses me off more than that video ending before the big finale. Maybe my favorite song on Tracks, surprisingly fun on the Devils and Dust tour too. This is Vini Lopez' (Bruce's own Terry in a completely different way) great performance. Very few 73/74 live versions hit me as hard as the recorded version, oddly enough.
What about that drum part on Born to Run that Max said he was never able to duplicate so he just left it out when he played it?

I think this version is superior to the studio version, but no other live version I've heard comes close to this either.

ElvisIsKing1977
Dirty Punk

Post by ElvisIsKing1977 »

Ah nevermind I got confused with Ernest "Boom" Carter.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

ElvisIsKing1977 wrote:Ah nevermind I got confused with Ernest "Boom" Carter.
Yeah that was part of the well over qualified Boom Carter/Sancious line up of jazz head fusion dynamos. Some of those 74 shows are a real trip.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Jimmy Jazz
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

ElvisIsKing1977 wrote:can we talk about the awesomeness of this song/video?:

[youtube][/youtube]
God I love the guitar playing in that clip*. And Bruce opened with this song first night at MSG last week. It's still a lot of fun but one of the few songs where Vini Lopez is really missed.

*specifically about 5:13 - 5:40 really gets my Bruce juice a-spillin'

matedog

Post by matedog »

I was hoping that the Darkness 30th would be coming out around Christmas. They would have made an announcement by now. Maybe early next year as the tour is wrapping up and they'll have time to finish it. I want me some peak live Bruce footage!
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

matedog wrote:I was hoping that the Darkness 30th would be coming out around Christmas. They would have made an announcement by now. Maybe early next year as the tour is wrapping up and they'll have time to finish it. I want me some peak live Bruce footage!
Well, it doesn't have that. But it does have The Last Testament and SISOSIG and Career Opps from Shea on it.

Finally...Bruce gets himself some overdue TERRY!

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I keep reading this thread as "Dizzle's Jizzle Juice" and want to throw up in my mouth every time I click on the "Capital Radio" sub-forum.

So, thanks for that.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

matedog

Post by matedog »

Rat Patrol wrote:
matedog wrote:I was hoping that the Darkness 30th would be coming out around Christmas. They would have made an announcement by now. Maybe early next year as the tour is wrapping up and they'll have time to finish it. I want me some peak live Bruce footage!
Well, it doesn't have that. But it does have The Last Testament and SISOSIG and Career Opps from Shea on it.

Finally...Bruce gets himself some overdue TERRY!
:cool: ...WAIT NO!

matedog

Post by matedog »

Listened to the Christic shows the other day for the first time in awhile. Such great versions of Brilliant Disguise and Real World. And also the most tolerable version of 57 Channels to ever exist.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:57 Channels
Surely the "Boogie With Your Children" of Bruce songs? Utterly appalling and without any kind of merit.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
Surely the "Boogie With Your Children" of Bruce songs? Utterly appalling and without any kind of merit.
I would have thought Human Touch would be his Boogie.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

matedog

Post by matedog »

Wolter wrote:
Heston wrote:
I would have thought Human Touch would be his Boogie.
Human Touch (the song) is alright. It's kind of a caricature of a Bruce song but it has its moments.

As for 57 Channels, my friend started to turn me on to it with this argument:
But he got the 57 channels for his baby... and he shot his TV reciting the holy name of Elvis as he let his gun blast.

matedog

Post by matedog »

matedog

Post by matedog »

COLUMBIA RECORDS TO RELEASE BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & THE E STREET BAND'S 'LONDON CALLING: LIVE IN HYDE PARK' CONCERT FILM ON JUNE 22

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & THE E STREET BAND
LONDON CALLING: LIVE IN HYDE PARK

1. London Calling
2. Badlands
3. Night
4. She's the One
5. Outlaw Pete
6. Out in the Street
7. Working on a Dream
8. Seeds
9. Johnny 99
10. Youngstown
11. Good Lovin'
12. Bobby Jean
13. Trapped
14. No Surrender
15. Waiting on a Sunny Day
16. Promised Land
17. Racing in the Street
18. Radio Nowhere
19. Lonesome Day
20. The Rising
21. Born to Run
22. Hard Times (Come Again No More)
23. Jungleland
24. American Land
25. Glory Days
26. Dancing in the Dark
27. Music under end credit sequence: Raise Your Hand

BONUS MATERIAL:
The River: Glastonbury Festival, 2009
Wrecking Ball: Giants Stadium, 2009

Not the Darkness release, but I'll probably pick it up anyway. I love how the Working on a Dream tour dvd has only two songs from that sub par album.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

AHAHAHAHAHA. God, it's like Bruce gave the middle finger to this board. Fucking funny.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!