Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Dizzle and Jimmy Jizzle's Thread o'Bruce

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
02 Jun 2023, 1:07am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 12:50pm

Oh for fuck's sake, he's not amazing; he stumbled going up on the final step. One step, going forward. It's not like fell right off the stage, landed on his back, and then bounced back up.
Umm, that’s after rocking for three hours straight.
He fell forward, onto the stage. The descriptions make it sound like Humpty Dumpty but Brooose can't be broken.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Jun 2023, 6:27am
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Oh for fuck's sake, he's not amazing; he stumbled going up on the final step. One step, going forward. It's not like fell right off the stage, landed on his back, and then bounced back up.
He fell forward, onto the stage. The descriptions make it sound like Humpty Dumpty but Brooose can't be broken.
Even gravity and or god can’t stop Bruce and the band from finishing their marathon encore of “Glory Days” currently at 12 minutes and counting.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
02 Jun 2023, 8:47am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Jun 2023, 6:27am
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Even gravity and or god can’t stop Bruce and the band from finishing their marathon encore of “Glory Days” currently at 12 minutes and counting.
I have never been so disgusted with the physical laws of the universe or its supreme being.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Umm, that’s after
rocking
for three hours straight.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

1 plug:
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

matedog

Post by matedog »

Silent Majority wrote:
03 Jul 2023, 8:58am
1 plug:
I’m about half way through. Was not expecting full throated endorsements of the Wrecking Ball album and in particular its production.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
18 Jul 2023, 11:04am
Certainly in line with his recent tour ticket practices...

matedog

Post by matedog »

Silent Majority wrote:
1 plug:
I finished this up the other day. Great work all around. Lyrics are always the third or fourth thing I notice in music, so I learned a lot about that album lyrically that I was otherwise unaware of. My greatest issue with Wrecking Ball is the production/arrangements. There just isn't much of a band feel. And this is a thing that's just my thing, but I swear the clap tracks are all synth clap tracks. They bug the hell out of me and I'm a proponent of the idea that a clap track can elevate a song. But yeah, it's not much of an E Street album which isn't really a bad thing necessarily, but I do feel it lacks an organic feel.

BTW, keep me posted on your next pods. And if you need someone who can talk endlessly and enthusiastically about Wild and Innocent, I know a guy...

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

matedog wrote:
18 Jul 2023, 11:21am
Silent Majority wrote:
1 plug:
I finished this up the other day. Great work all around. Lyrics are always the third or fourth thing I notice in music, so I learned a lot about that album lyrically that I was otherwise unaware of. My greatest issue with Wrecking Ball is the production/arrangements. There just isn't much of a band feel. And this is a thing that's just my thing, but I swear the clap tracks are all synth clap tracks. They bug the hell out of me and I'm a proponent of the idea that a clap track can elevate a song. But yeah, it's not much of an E Street album which isn't really a bad thing necessarily, but I do feel it lacks an organic feel.

BTW, keep me posted on your next pods. And if you need someone who can talk endlessly and enthusiastically about Wild and Innocent, I know a guy...
Nice one, man, thank you. As we're both writers, it's natural the project is going to be more word than music based. May take you up on the Wild & Innocent offer.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2023, 1:25pm
I don't read this thread.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
18 Jul 2023, 3:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2023, 1:25pm
I don't read this thread.
Dammit! I'm not sure I've ever been nailed with that before.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

I'm listening to The Ties That Bind set today and I kind of dig the original (unreleased) 10-track version of what would become The River.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

matedog

Post by matedog »

WestwayKid wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 12:52pm
I'm listening to The Ties That Bind set today and I kind of dig the original (unreleased) 10-track version of what would become The River.
I always liked Cindy. There are a lot of little changes too: different lead vocal on Ties, different verse on Price You Pay, lacking SVZ’s vocal on the last chorus of River.

River sessions is an almost Sandinista like exercise of what you’d include as a double and even as a single.