Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Dizzle and Jimmy Jizzle's Thread o'Bruce

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
16 Dec 2021, 12:58pm
Sparky wrote:
16 Dec 2021, 12:21pm
Springsteen sold his music catalog to Sony music for a record setting $500 million.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... n-1253493/
I'm hoping they'll get a little better about archival releases now.

Sounds like doing this makes things a lot easier for their family when the artist passes.
Love to be a fly on the wall when Bruce walks into the foreman's office and tells him to shove his crummy job.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Dec 2021, 1:07pm
Love to be a fly on the wall when Bruce walks into the foreman's office and tells him to shove his crummy job.
now he can just work at the ford factory for funsies
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Springsteen sold his music catalog to Sony music for a record setting $500 million.

Sounds like doing this makes things a lot easier for their family when the artist passes.
His lyrics to Rosalita were quite prophetic:
Well, tell him this is his last chance to get his daughter in a fine romance
Because the record company, Rosie, just bought my back catalog for half a billion dollars
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
16 Dec 2021, 2:45pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:
Sparky wrote:

His lyrics to Rosalita were quite prophetic:
Well, tell him this is his last chance to get his daughter in a fine romance
Because the record company, Rosie, just bought my back catalog for half a billion dollars
At the time they recorded it, the rest of the band looked at him like he was nuts, but give the man his due. He understood the sublime pleasures of both tuning up a '57 T-Bird and liquidating your song catalogue at the perceived peak of the market.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog

Post by matedog »

https://www.theonion.com/bruce-springst ... 1848228552
ASBURY PARK, NJ—Following years of languishing at the local steel mill under low pay and frequent mistreatment, Grammy Award-winning musician Bruce Springsteen reportedly relished finally telling off his foreman Thursday after Sony purchased his masters and songwriting catalog for $500 million. “I tell you what, Lou, you’re a prick, you’ve always been a prick, and now that I’ve got some walking-around money, I’m finally getting out of this hellhole town,” said Springsteen to foreman Lou Martinelli, who folded his arms and scowled as the creative mind behind Greetings From Asbury Park, Nebraska, and Born To Run threw down his welder’s mask to the cheers of his fellow steelworkers and brandished the check for half a billion dollars.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
17 Dec 2021, 11:39am
ASBURY PARK, NJ—Following years of languishing at the local steel mill under low pay and frequent mistreatment, Grammy Award-winning musician Bruce Springsteen reportedly relished finally telling off his foreman Thursday after Sony purchased his masters and songwriting catalog for $500 million. “I tell you what, Lou, you’re a prick, you’ve always been a prick, and now that I’ve got some walking-around money, I’m finally getting out of this hellhole town,” said Springsteen to foreman Lou Martinelli, who folded his arms and scowled as the creative mind behind Greetings From Asbury Park, Nebraska, and Born To Run threw down his welder’s mask to the cheers of his fellow steelworkers and brandished the check for half a billion dollars.
Was just gonna post.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
I'm suing the Onion! No way two people could independently come up with the same joke!

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Dec 2021, 11:59am
matedog wrote:
I'm suing the Onion! No way two people could independently come up with the same joke!
Hello,

You need to sell your joke catalog. Who'll have the last laugh then?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
17 Dec 2021, 2:24pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Dec 2021, 11:59am
matedog wrote:
Hello,

You need to sell your joke catalog. Who'll have the last laugh then?
First bid takes it!

(Shit, that sounds desperate. Whatever.)

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Am is missing something?

matedog

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
19 Dec 2021, 12:57pm
Am is missing something?

No idea. Maybe because he's not an anti-vax racist? But I don't know of anything that he actively did.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

The No Nukes Concerts they just released are fantastic. Great sound, and the band freaking cooks. Springsteen has the perfect combination of sneer and earnestness in his delivery.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

matedog

Post by matedog »

WestwayKid wrote:
03 Jan 2022, 3:22pm
The No Nukes Concerts they just released are fantastic. Great sound, and the band freaking cooks. Springsteen has the perfect combination of sneer and earnestness in his delivery.
Yeah, it's a tight 90 minute set Greatest Hits to that point setlist. Consequently, he outputs the same total energy of a 3 hour show condensed into a 90 minute show.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

matedog

Post by matedog »

tepista wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 12:29pm
Live 75-85 was a big deal, baby!

It's funny, up until the archive series that started a few years ago, there was very little live material released from Bruce. There was nothing from the "peak era" of 75-85 released except this. Turns out they've been sitting on dozens of multitrack recordings from this era for 40+ years. Glad they are finally coming out.