16 Jun 2021, 11:24am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 11:21am
Marky Dread wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 11:16am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 10:10am

Eep. Similar to: https://thehardtimes.net/music/band-cov ... -in-there/
Didn't that get posted here like a month back?
I posted it but closer to a couple years, I'd guess. Perhaps someone else reposted?
Did I just go back in time? I'm sure I only read it here fairly recently. May have been an old post. Still time doesn't really exist only clocks or something.
Theory: Bernie claimed Cut the Crap was timeless (well, I'm sure he said something stupid like that about it), but maybe it broke time and we're trapped in 1985.
I feel like I'm trapped in that period of time just before CtC gets released. I'm full of hope and anticipation but I'm unaware of the horrors Bernie is about to unleash on my rock n roll heart!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 12:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 12:27pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

I posted it but closer to a couple years, I'd guess. Perhaps someone else reposted?
Did I just go back in time? I'm sure I only read it here fairly recently. May have been an old post. Still time doesn't really exist only clocks or something.
Theory: Bernie claimed Cut the Crap was timeless (well, I'm sure he said something stupid like that about it), but maybe it broke time and we're trapped in 1985.
I feel like I'm trapped in that period of time just before CtC gets released. I'm full of hope and anticipation but I'm unaware of the horrors Bernie is about to unleash on my rock n roll heart!
Someday he'll be proven right. As the mutants roam the forbidden zone, scavenging for glowing rats, they will whistle "Play to Win."
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 1:08pm
Marky Dread wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 12:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Someday he'll be proven right. As the mutants roam the forbidden zone, scavenging for glowing rats, they will whistle "Play to Win."
🤣 I bet it's a remixed version.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 10:10am

Eep. Similar to: https://thehardtimes.net/music/band-cov ... -in-there/
By timeless perhaps he meant it feels like an eternity to have to sit through listening to the entire album? Dunno, just my thoughts.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 4:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

By timeless perhaps he meant it feels like an eternity to have to sit through listening to the entire album? Dunno, just my thoughts.
No, Bernie was nothing if not a booster.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 4:50pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Agreed, my feeble attempt at sarcasm has failed. Should have added a smirking face to the end of my sentence.

From what I've read, Bernie had CTC remixed without Joe's input and took partial credit for penning the songs as well, so I know he was a huge booster for the album when it came out. I seriously doubt Joe very pleased with the final product.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 5:28pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Agreed, my feeble attempt at sarcasm has failed. Should have added a smirking face to the end of my sentence.

From what I've read, Bernie had CTC remixed without Joe's input and took partial credit for penning the songs as well, so I know he was a huge booster for the album when it came out. I seriously doubt Joe very pleased with the final product.
Ha! No, I knew you were being sarcastic; I was being mock earnest. Dang it, can't anyone ever be sincere? :shifty:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 5:31pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Ha! No, I knew you were being sarcastic; I was being mock earnest. Dang it, can't anyone ever be sincere? :shifty:
Im ever so sincere

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 6:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 5:31pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Im ever so sincere
Good lord …

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Fans of the 1960s Spider-man cartoon will recognize this. Fuck but it smokes. It's just sitting there, waiting to be used in a soundtrack or reworked.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 6:21pm

Fans of the 1960s Spider-man cartoon will recognize this. Fuck but it smokes. It's just sitting there, waiting to be used in a soundtrack or reworked.
I dig it daddio.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Trying very hard to be zen about this...

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 6:21pm

Groovy!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Inder wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 12:58am
Trying very hard to be zen about this...

Hah, the world.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Exhibition on Factory Records: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-57343300

Someone alert Suzanne.