The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

General music discussion.
gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

I wouldn't be humming "Do ya think I'm sexy?" in the prison shower.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

gkbill wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 4:57pm
Hello,

I wouldn't be humming "Do ya think I'm sexy?" in the prison shower.
How about "Sailing"?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 3:49pm
Sparky wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 3:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 2:36pm
What kind of security guard gets beaten up by an ugly old woman?
Pretty sure Rod's entourage of hired muscle was nearby ensuring he didn't get stomped in to the ground. 2nd possibility is the guard was smart enough to realize who just took a jab at his ribs and save dollar signs swirling around his head, so he didn't react by pummeling good old Rod.
Rod's a strange name for a hideous nana. Rodina?
LOL, yeah, that'll work.
Side note, little sister just saw him in Vegas a couple of weeks ago, next door neighbor is there seeing him now. Me, sorry, just not my taste in music.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 6:23pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 3:49pm
Sparky wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 3:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 2:36pm
What kind of security guard gets beaten up by an ugly old woman?
Pretty sure Rod's entourage of hired muscle was nearby ensuring he didn't get stomped in to the ground. 2nd possibility is the guard was smart enough to realize who just took a jab at his ribs and save dollar signs swirling around his head, so he didn't react by pummeling good old Rod.
Rod's a strange name for a hideous nana. Rodina?
LOL, yeah, that'll work.
Side note, little sister just saw him in Vegas a couple of weeks ago, next door neighbor is there seeing him now. Me, sorry, just not my taste in music.
Cannot stand that horrible croak of a voice. In saner times, he would have been sealed up in an old well.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

The Faces were good.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 2:05am
The Faces were good.
Agreed.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Watched the new Velvet Underground documentary this morning. I'm not that versed on the history of the group, so for me it was mostly grooving on performance and interviews. The best part is an extended interview with Jonathan Richman (who I wouldn't have recognized; he's been boyish looking for so long that to see him as an oldish guy is shocking) who relates being awed by the sounds he heard from the stage and not being able to figure out where the drones were coming from. It was just epiphany for him. Anyway, I imagine most here would dig the movie.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Drywaller showed up at 6.30 am and he tunes in to Terriblemusic-FM. So my breakfast has included Billy Joel, Genesis, and now Rick Astley. The home reno is reached new and unforeseen levels of personal discomfort. X(

edit: And now that wretched "Unbelievable." There is a demon somewhere who is just cackling at me.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Oct 2021, 6:56am
Drywaller showed up at 6.30 am and he tunes in to Terriblemusic-FM. So my breakfast has included Billy Joel, Genesis, and now Rick Astley. The home reno is reached new and unforeseen levels of personal discomfort. X(

edit: And now that wretched "Unbelievable." There is a demon somewhere who is just cackling at me.
Everything is going as planned.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
25 Oct 2021, 7:08am
Dr. Medulla wrote:

The Eagles' "Take It Easy" is playing now. This is a goddamned master class in torture that just barely evades international law.

edit: And like a tornado, he's gone, taking his radio with him. Madonna's "Like a Prayer" was playing at the time, a song I actually don't mind.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Oct 2021, 7:10am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

The Eagles' "Take It Easy" is playing now. This is a goddamned master class in torture that just barely evades international law.

edit: And like a tornado, he's gone, taking his radio with him. Madonna's "Like a Prayer" was playing at the time, a song I actually don't mind.
This reminds me of my dad hiring a guy to work on the roof back when I was in high school. The guy played the Bruce Springsteen Born in the USA constantly on repeat all fucking day long. Luckily it was summer and I was able to just leave.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
25 Oct 2021, 8:16am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Oct 2021, 7:10am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

This reminds me of my dad hiring a guy to work on the roof back when I was in high school. The guy played the Bruce Springsteen Born in the USA constantly on repeat all fucking day long. Luckily it was summer and I was able to just leave.
Testing one's pro-labour sentiments. A little less tribune-of-the-working-class and a little more tribune-of-Satan, 'kay?

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:

I think it's in the working man's code that they get to listen to Terriblemusic-FM while they work.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
25 Oct 2021, 8:51am
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I think it's in the working man's code that they get to listen to Terriblemusic-FM while they work.
This is how you get people like me to move to the conservative side and start rolling back labour's rights!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
25 Oct 2021, 8:51am
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Yeah as bad as generic FM rock radio is be thankful it isn't Gnu Country FM