Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Nov 2021, 4:38pm
Kory wrote:
26 Nov 2021, 4:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 8:58pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 8:41pm

In that case, good thing I have all those carboys, cuz I’m gonna need a lot of wine.
I've been a half bottle per evening man for many years. It's all that keeps me going!
The only thing that keeps me from doing this is the calories. Do you compensate by not eating much?
Lots of exercise and a pretty sparse diet, yeah. No meat helps, I imagine. I'm perfectly good with a bowl of soup and a grilled cheese for supper.
You're just envious that I can still fit in my wedding dress.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Post by WestwayKid »

My attempt to rank R.E.M.'s output:

1) Murmur
2) Automatic for the People
3) Reckoning
4) New Adventures in Hi-Fi
5) Lifes Rich Pageant
6) Document
7) Fables of the Reconstruction
8) Green
9) Accelerate
10) Out of Time
11) Monster
12) Reveal
13) Up
14) Collapse Into Now
15) Around the Sun
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 8:29pm
Wine pairs well with relaxing in the evening and suspending anxieties. :shifty:

But you're set up well to build up a nice reserve in a few months. Around six months after bottling, it gets really smooooth. The trick is having enough that lasts that long.
In that case, good thing I have all those carboys, cuz I’m gonna need a lot of wine.
I've been a half bottle per evening man for many years. It's all that keeps me going!
The only thing that keeps me from doing this is the calories. Do you compensate by not eating much?
Lots of exercise and a pretty sparse diet, yeah. No meat helps, I imagine. I'm perfectly good with a bowl of soup and a grilled cheese for supper.
I could go for a grilled cheese right about now.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 3:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:

The Boss made some kind of soup yesterday that I'm going to have tonight, probably add a grilled cheese for necessary roughage.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 4:02pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

The Boss made some kind of soup yesterday that I'm going to have tonight, probably add a grilled cheese for necessary roughage.
Just got home and my wife made soup too. No disrespect to her but Im glad I saved half my sandwich from lunch. Soup and Ive had all kinds just kind of bores me. Its fine for a side or a precursor to a meal but on Its own...

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 6:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Just got home and my wife made soup too. No disrespect to her but Im glad I saved half my sandwich from lunch. Soup and Ive had all kinds just kind of bores me. Its fine for a side or a precursor to a meal but on Its own...
Danged cityslicker! Soup is what people who do honest labour eat. I'll bet Obama's never had a bowl of soup in his life.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 6:30pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Danged cityslicker! Soup is what people who do honest labour eat. I'll bet Obama's never had a bowl of soup in his life.
If you're doing real work a body requires more than just warm colored water with a few sticks and leaves floating about.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 6:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

If you're doing real work a body requires more than just warm colored water with a few sticks and leaves floating about.
Soup is a beverage.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 7:27pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Soup is a beverage.
You're both Communists.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 7:51pm
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Soup is a beverage.
You're both Communists.
I try.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 7:54pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 7:51pm
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Soup is a beverage.
You're both Communists.
I try.
You should be, in The Hague.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I don't entirely agree with this but still funny

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 9:28pm
I don't entirely agree with this but still funny

They are the Clapton of alt music. I can acknowledge the talent and ability and all that, but I am wholly bored by them.