Marky Dread wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 5:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 5:15pm
Marky Dread wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 5:08pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 4:09pm

Ugh, a feminazi. Where's my Whitesnake cassettes?
Do you keep them separate from your KISS cassettes?
I taped over the KISS cassettes with … well, nothing. I just erased them.
Their still there in your mind aren't they? They'll never leave you.
I did love them when I was, like, ten. Unlike Heston, I grew up and away from them.
Did you lose all hope of being a rock guy when you started to lose your hair? I mean bald guys look so much better in Wire t-shirts.😏

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 6:23pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 5:55pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 5:08pm

Do you keep them separate from your KISS cassettes?
I did love them when I was, like, ten. Unlike Heston, I grew up and away from them.
Did you lose all hope of being a rock guy when you started to lose your hair? I mean bald guys look so much better in Wire t-shirts.😏
Depends on when we decide I lost faith in rock. Which is to say, I do not necessarily reject your premise.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 6:31pm
Marky Dread wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 6:23pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 5:55pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Depends on when we decide I lost faith in rock. Which is to say, I do not necessarily reject your premise.
😎
I've never been a fan of long hair. Maybe during the punk days I was put off too much by image and didn't give certain things a chance. That line in "Seventeen" "We don't care about long hair, we don't wear flares" was like a big statement back then because that was exactly what the older generation were wearing.

When I see pictures of The Who in the 60s they looked brilliant then again in the 70s and they looked so crap. Just impressionable at that age I guess.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 7:02pm
I've never been a fan of long hair. Maybe during the punk days I was put off too much by image and didn't give certain things a chance. That line in "Seventeen" "We don't care about long hair, we don't wear flares" was like a big statement back then because that was exactly what the older generation were wearing.

When I see pictures of The Who in the 60s they looked brilliant then again in the 70s and they looked so crap. Just impressionable at that age I guess.
As an aside to the Get Back doc, the Beatles were at their shaggiest and grubbiest, but even at that they still looked to have pretty decent hair. But it could also be an effect of whatever Jackson did to the footage to make it so vibrant.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 7:20pm
As an aside to the Get Back doc, the Beatles were at their shaggiest and grubbiest, but even at that they still looked to have pretty decent hair. But it could also be an effect of whatever Jackson did to the footage to make it so vibrant.
Did someone say shaggy and grubby?

The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 7:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

The complete lack of vigilante snipers in this era was shocking and scandalous!

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 7:34pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hey, what did Charles Manson ever do to you?

edit: Oh wait. That’s Phil Collins? Never mind then. You’re right.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

When the music is great the image matters less. Just always seems better when it's a complete package. Being a Clash fan I guess that makes total sense.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 7:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 7:34pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hey, what did Charles Manson ever do to you?

edit: Oh wait. That’s Phil Collins? Never mind then. You’re right.
It's also bloaty Jim Morrison without the bloat.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 7:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

When the music is great the image matters less. Just always seems better when it's a complete package. Being a Clash fan I guess that makes total sense.
When I give my MTV lecture, I love showing Mike Score and explaining that what he had was just known as Flock of Seagulls hair. And then showing a more recent, spear-bald Score, advising, Don't choose your life partner by their hair when you're 22.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 8:32pm
Marky Dread wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 7:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

When I give my MTV lecture, I love showing Mike Score and explaining that what he had was just known as Flock of Seagulls hair. And then showing a more recent, spear-bald Score, advising, Don't choose your life partner by their hair when you're 22.
Wise words. 😃

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

261307199_10159465863133818_257403141104935910_n.jpg
261307199_10159465863133818_257403141104935910_n.jpg (40.03 KiB) Viewed 800 times
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 4:41pm
Back in the 80s, we were into asking questions; by la décennie Floy, people just made statements about being all-stars and getting up when they're knocked down.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

WestwayKid wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 4:41pm
Now that was good! I'm going to have to save that image.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Re. RHCP, I like that run of singles they had from By the Way. I thought Universally Speaking was a very good song. Was surpised to just read none of those four singles made the top 30 in the US, they were all decent-sized hits over here.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board