Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
06 Jul 2022, 10:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jul 2022, 9:07pm
Scene from a middle-aged home …
The Boss fires up Sheriff’s “When I’m With You” on her own and hits max volume. In distress, I grab my iPad and call up “Bodies” by the Sex Pistols and also put it to max. She quickly retreats, agreeing to hit mute if I do the same. I say a silent prayer in thanks to Rotten/Jones/Cook/Vicious.
Sorry I only understand english.
Google it (if you dare), it's a soppy power ballad from the 80s. It was being used in a commercial, so she decided to torment me by playing the whole thing. The fool forgot that I, too, can use a portable computational device.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 6:37am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The Boss fires up Sheriff’s “When I’m With You” on her own and hits max volume. In distress, I grab my iPad and call up “Bodies” by the Sex Pistols and also put it to max. She quickly retreats, agreeing to hit mute if I do the same. I say a silent prayer in thanks to Rotten/Jones/Cook/Vicious.
Google it (if you dare), it's a soppy power ballad from the 80s. It was being used in a commercial, so she decided to torment me by playing the whole thing. The fool forgot that I, too, can use a portable computational device.
This is basically my house, but with Van Hagar and X Ray Spex. If I'm feeling really saucy, I put on Minor Threat.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 11:58am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
This is basically my house, but with Van Hagar and X Ray Spex. If I'm feeling really saucy, I put on Minor Threat.
We will win the end!
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 12:03pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
We will win the end!
Lately, he's been trying to play the (shudder) Top Gun soundtrack.

I have alerted The Hague.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 12:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

We will win the end!

Document everything. This is the kind of evidence vital to a psychiatric hospitalization claim.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 12:30pm
JennyB wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 12:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

We will win the end!

Document everything. This is the kind of evidence vital to a psychiatric hospitalization claim.
Indeed.
Got a Rake? Sure!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
I know that from the Monster Ballads comp in the late 90s. One of the weaker songs on the comp. I usually didn't even make it past Wind of Change. So my vote is Bodies>When I'm With You.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 3:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I know that from the Monster Ballads comp in the late 90s. One of the weaker songs on the comp. I usually didn't even make it past Wind of Change. So my vote is Bodies>When I'm With You.
I can't imagine anyone here* who might pick otherwise.

* Well, Tom *sigh*

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 3:46pm
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

* Well, Tom *sigh*
I'd at least have a think about it if it was When I'm With You by Sparks.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 3:52pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 3:46pm
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

* Well, Tom *sigh*
I'd at least have a think about it if it was When I'm With You by Sparks.
I would hope that Sparks vs. Sheriff would be a total rout as well.*

* Well, Tom *sigh*

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
I looked that song up on Wikipedia because I couldn't remember much about it and came upon this quote:

Sheriff's keyboardist Arnold Lanni wrote the song after meeting Valeri Brown and falling in love with her. 'I sat down, put my coffee on the piano, tinkled some ivories, and four minutes later 80 percent of the song was written. On Valentine's Day I played the song for Valerie and said, "I don't have anything, this is all I can give you right now. It's yours." Valeri loved the song; two years later she married me.'

I think anyone who uses the phrases "tinkled some ivories" should be banished to musical hell.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

WestwayKid wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 4:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I looked that song up on Wikipedia because I couldn't remember much about it and came upon this quote:

Sheriff's keyboardist Arnold Lanni wrote the song after meeting Valeri Brown and falling in love with her. 'I sat down, put my coffee on the piano, tinkled some ivories, and four minutes later 80 percent of the song was written. On Valentine's Day I played the song for Valerie and said, "I don't have anything, this is all I can give you right now. It's yours." Valeri loved the song; two years later she married me.'

I think anyone who uses the phrases "tinkled some ivories" should be banished to musical hell.
Shouldn't it be "tinkled some ivories and ebonies" anyway, or does he only use the white keys for some reason?

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Low Down Low wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 4:18pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Shouldn't it be "tinkled some ivories and ebonies" anyway, or does he only use the white keys for some reason?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Seems a light sentence. Volcanoes exist for dealing with these crimes against humanity.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

411DB220-4B7B-4BE7-8980-A7C8DF407A03.jpeg
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc