The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

General music discussion.
WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Post by WestwayKid »

We cancelled Spotify last week. It really wasn't about the Joe Rogan thing, but the Joe Rogan thing opened my eyes to the fact that Spotify doesn't pay musicians very well. They pay $.0033 per stream. I decided to go with TIDAL instead. They claim to pay $0.12 per stream. The sound quality is also better, offering lossless CD quality sound. I'm not an audiophile, but I do like my music to sound good. It's an easy to use platform and I haven't noticed any music not available on TIDAL that was on Spotify.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
06 May 2022, 5:32pm
We cancelled Spotify last week. It really wasn't about the Joe Rogan thing, but the Joe Rogan thing opened my eyes to the fact that Spotify doesn't pay musicians very well. They pay $.0033 per stream. I decided to go with TIDAL instead. They claim to pay $0.12 per stream. The sound quality is also better, offering lossless CD quality sound. I'm not an audiophile, but I do like my music to sound good. It's an easy to use platform and I haven't noticed any music not available on TIDAL that was on Spotify.
Does it work for non-subscribers?
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
Do the have Puppy and the Handjobs

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

revbob wrote:
06 May 2022, 6:56pm
WestwayKid wrote:
They do. The I Hate Everything EP.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Things turn against Ukrainian civilians: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/ ... ay-station

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 May 2022, 6:18pm
Things turn against Ukrainian civilians: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/ ... ay-station
Did this put their backs up against the wall.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

revbob wrote:
08 May 2022, 6:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Hello,

Regardless of your feelings towards U2 (I find them very pretentious but they make some good tracks and I've enjoyed the 2 times I've seen them - although that was around 40 years ago), I would think most Ukrainians would be happy and appreciative of this. If someone can encourage Ukrainians to maintain their efforts (and I understand there may be no clear good guys or bad guys here), I would think that's a good thing.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

gkbill wrote:
08 May 2022, 10:45pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Hello,

Regardless of your feelings towards U2 (I find them very pretentious but they make some good tracks and I've enjoyed the 2 times I've seen them - although that was around 40 years ago), I would think most Ukrainians would be happy and appreciative of this. If someone can encourage Ukrainians to maintain their efforts (and I understand there may be no clear good guys or bad guys here), I would think that's a good thing.
I dont dispute some of what you say and Im all for efforts to help the people of Ukraine. Beyond that I wont comment much further.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

15 "unloved masterpieces." I think I spotted a KISS album there, should get lots of love from Heston.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1652091468084.jpg
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
08 May 2022, 10:45pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Hello,

It's just a joke, man. Which is why I put it here and not in the serious Ukraine war thread.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
08 May 2022, 1:07pm
revbob wrote:
06 May 2022, 6:56pm
WestwayKid wrote:
They do. The I Hate Everything EP.
I might have to look into this TIDAL business further.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

One of these is actually a regular haunt of mine but, alas, won't be able to make it for the free beer. Good on him, though.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
09 May 2022, 9:03am
One of these is actually a regular haunt of mine but, alas, won't be able to make it for the free beer. Good on him, though.

I read about that yesterday. I also learned that he once offered the Beautiful South's catalogue to the government for social support funding (it was rejected). A gesture, and tiny given the scope of costs, but an admirable one.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 May 2022, 9:22am
Low Down Low wrote:
09 May 2022, 9:03am

I read about that yesterday. I also learned that he once offered the Beautiful South's catalogue to the government for social support funding (it was rejected). A gesture, and tiny given the scope of costs, but an admirable one.
Yeah, just a small token but lovely gesture. It just seems every time I hear or read about Paul, he's speaking up for the poor and marginalised and sticking it to power. Indisputably one of the good guys.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Oh, that's really sound.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/