Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 7:38am
Kory wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 2:28am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Sep 2022, 6:21pm
Deeply relatable.
But which one are you in this drama?
Boy, I was pretty drunk when I replied, i had to re-read this thing. I'm the younger person! Musicians are whackadoodle, man...
The number of just fucking nuts, antisocial people in creative walks of life is astounding. When I was young and decided I wanted to be a scholar, I thought those people were just amazing. To write a kickass book must require being a kickass person. The amount of pettiness, absurd selfishness, and flat-out childish behaviour was an eyeopener. Just so many incidences of "what the fuck is wrong with you?" My reasons for not really striving to be an academic almost wholly relate to my own deficiencies, but I also feel like a dodged a bit of a bullet because the idea of being colleagues with so many lousy human beings is so distasteful.
I think a lot of artists live by the oft-heard advice that if you really want to succeed, you have to be selfish—declining invitations, not seeing family, really focusing on the art and nothing but. Look what happened to Dave Sim—it cracks ya.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 1:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 1:30pm
Kory wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 1:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 2:28am

Deeply relatable.
Boy, I was pretty drunk when I replied, i had to re-read this thing. I'm the younger person! Musicians are whackadoodle, man...
The number of just fucking nuts, antisocial people in creative walks of life is astounding. When I was young and decided I wanted to be a scholar, I thought those people were just amazing. To write a kickass book must require being a kickass person. The amount of pettiness, absurd selfishness, and flat-out childish behaviour was an eyeopener. Just so many incidences of "what the fuck is wrong with you?" My reasons for not really striving to be an academic almost wholly relate to my own deficiencies, but I also feel like a dodged a bit of a bullet because the idea of being colleagues with so many lousy human beings is so distasteful.
I think a lot of artists live by the oft-heard advice that if you really want to succeed, you have to be selfish—declining invitations, not seeing family, really focusing on the art and nothing but. Look what happened to Dave Sim—it cracks ya.
Suffering for your art is fine if that's just how it happens, but to purposefully take it as a persona or mission is goddamn stupid. At a certain point, we all stop labouring, so what kind of human being is left after the work ceases?
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 1:40pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Suffering for your art is fine if that's just how it happens, but to purposefully take it as a persona or mission is goddamn stupid. At a certain point, we all stop labouring, so what kind of human being is left after the work ceases?
I suppose they would respond that either they'll continue laboring until death (the art is that important), or they aren't interested in who they are without it. I'm certainly suffering for mine, but I'm definitely not one of these yay-hoos.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 1:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

I suppose they would respond that either they'll continue laboring until death (the art is that important), or they aren't interested in who they are without it. I'm certainly suffering for mine, but I'm definitely not one of these yay-hoos.
Which works out(ish) if they can work until death, but there are no guarantees about that.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 1:51pm
Kory wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 1:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Which works out(ish) if they can work until death, but there are no guarantees about that.
I think they probably top themselves if that happens.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Musical Observation: Fugazi might actually be God

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Kory wrote:
03 Sep 2022, 12:13am
Musical Observation: Fugazi might actually be God
A Musical Agreement: yes.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Yes, same.
6C93ECA4-FB86-430E-B224-722C2D3E2128.jpeg

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 8:15am
com/p/CicjYqKuopN/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=
Hell yeah
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Figures being GG was a complete piece of shit.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »