Page 1068 of 1070

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Posted: 10 Jun 2021, 4:23pm
by Dr. Medulla
Does the Mick set come with "Train in Vain"?

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Posted: 10 Jun 2021, 4:37pm
by matedog
I will say for the music itself, it's nice to have these outtakes and bonus tracks available for streaming. I probably don't listen as much as I would during the physical media era, but it's nice to have access to a lot more for a lot less money.

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Posted: 10 Jun 2021, 5:13pm
by Sparky
Good example of questionable inclusions would be the reusable shopping bag that came with the Rhino records bundle for the Replacements "Pleased To Meet Me" last year. I mean seriously, other than a collectable, who really needs or wants a Mats shopping tote?

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Posted: 10 Jun 2021, 5:26pm
by Dr. Medulla
Sparky wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 5:13pm
Good example of questionable inclusions would be the reusable shopping bag that came with the Rhino records bundle for the Replacements "Pleased To Meet Me" last year. I mean seriously, other than a collectable, who really needs or wants a Mats shopping tote?
something something Heston KISS something

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Posted: 10 Jun 2021, 7:26pm
by Marky Dread
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 4:23pm
Does the Mick set come with "Train in Vain"?
It's not listed on the box. There's a download code in braile.

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Posted: 10 Jun 2021, 7:31pm
by Dr. Medulla
Marky Dread wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 7:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 4:23pm
Does the Mick set come with "Train in Vain"?
It's not listed on the box. There's a download code in braile.
As long as it's the version we've heard over and over, I'm in.

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Posted: 10 Jun 2021, 8:44pm
by matedog
Sparky wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 5:13pm
Good example of questionable inclusions would be the reusable shopping bag that came with the Rhino records bundle for the Replacements "Pleased To Meet Me" last year. I mean seriously, other than a collectable, who really needs or wants a Mats shopping tote?
At least it’s functional unlike a fake cigarette or whatever was in Sound System.

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Posted: 11 Jun 2021, 4:08am
by Marky Dread
matedog wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 8:44pm
Sparky wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 5:13pm
Good example of questionable inclusions would be the reusable shopping bag that came with the Rhino records bundle for the Replacements "Pleased To Meet Me" last year. I mean seriously, other than a collectable, who really needs or wants a Mats shopping tote?
At least it’s functional unlike a fake cigarette or whatever was in Sound System.
It was a poster tube. But totally silly.

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Posted: 11 Jun 2021, 10:46am
by Dr. Medulla
I'd love to see this: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/10/arts ... -punk.html

What happened in New York in 1978–1984—no wave, mutant disco, hip hop—is as concentrated an origin story for the dominant music of the 21st century as there is. It doesn't cover everything, obviously, but so much of this distinctly outsider stuff established the foundation of so much contemporary stuff. Speaks well of the Clash, especially Mick, for realizing that someone special was fermenting.

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Posted: 11 Jun 2021, 12:32pm
by Marky Dread
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 7:31pm
Marky Dread wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 7:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 4:23pm
Does the Mick set come with "Train in Vain"?
It's not listed on the box. There's a download code in braile.
As long as it's the version we've heard over and over, I'm in.
Sadly not it's Mick's original country and western demo version.

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Posted: 11 Jun 2021, 1:17pm
by Dr. Medulla
Marky Dread wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 12:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 7:31pm
Marky Dread wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 7:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 4:23pm
Does the Mick set come with "Train in Vain"?
It's not listed on the box. There's a download code in braile.
As long as it's the version we've heard over and over, I'm in.
Sadly not it's Mick's original country and western demo version.
No, it has to be the version that's been released fifty times already.

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Posted: 11 Jun 2021, 2:35pm
by Marky Dread
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 1:17pm
Marky Dread wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 12:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 7:31pm
Marky Dread wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 7:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 4:23pm
Does the Mick set come with "Train in Vain"?
It's not listed on the box. There's a download code in braile.
As long as it's the version we've heard over and over, I'm in.
Sadly not it's Mick's original country and western demo version.
No, it has to be the version that's been released fifty times already.
It's been lost.

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Posted: 13 Jun 2021, 12:06pm
by Dr. Medulla
Identifying the monster in the mirror: https://thehardtimes.net/music/internet ... ical-ruin/

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Posted: 15 Jun 2021, 7:05am
by Marky Dread
Fodderstompf!

Re: The Mighty Musical Observations Thread

Posted: 15 Jun 2021, 9:11am
by Sparky
Marky Dread wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 7:05am
Fodderstompf!
As they say, it must have lost something in the translation.