tepista wrote:
16 Mar 2022, 10:58am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Mar 2022, 10:49am
tepista wrote:
16 Mar 2022, 10:42am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 3:15pm
That Laibach's version of "Across the Universe" is omitted dashes the quality of this list.
Don't challenge The Bowie
Too late, baby. Laibach's cover is sublime.
He's OK

Fun fact: Liberace had so much cosmetic surgery that his eyelids lost the capacity to stay shut on their own while he slept.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

This...
Attachments
20220401_200420.jpg

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
01 Apr 2022, 3:08pm
This...
You can tell that the blue was in a massive wreck and they've done body work to cover up that it doesn't run anymore.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Apr 2022, 3:38pm
Marky Dread wrote:
01 Apr 2022, 3:08pm
This...
You can tell that the blue was in a massive wreck and they've done body work to cover up that it doesn't run anymore.
Exactly, who do the other three think they're fooling?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
20 Apr 2022, 2:19pm
Those are The Beatles songs I'm thinking about right now.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

It's blocked by the boy's speechbubble, but she's got a copy of I Me Mine there.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Oh, Jesus Christ, Paul … :rolleyes:
Are you familiar with the PMRC in the States – the group of Washington wives who want ratings for pop records?
Oh, the lyrics thing. Uh . . . I kind of see their point, you know? I think there is a point, like with newspapers, where you start to want to censor stuff. I don’t really think you ought to, but . . . Let’s say a really great group emerged – and you tend to think they’d be heavy metal, although that’s probably “heavy metallist” to say [laughs] – and say they were advocating, I don’t know, killing, Satanism. And they came out with a really great album and turned a lot of people on to Satanism. There’s got to be a point where you’re gonna say, “Look, guys, we’re all for artistic freedom, but maybe we just don’t want de debbil trampling across America at the moment.” I mean, what would you do? I don’t know. I think censorship’s very dangerous. . . .

But things are getting farther and farther out I saw a show the other night on television which . . . I was not offended by – I mean, it doesn’t really bug me – but it made me start to wonder whether people were going slightly far out. It was a gay thing, and a couple of guys were really gettin’ to it. Now, I have no objection to anyone getting their rocks off in any way they want. But maybe public telly isn’t the forum for it. And video nasties – I Drill Your Brain, I Spit on Your Grave. I haven’t seen those movies myself – I’m gettin’ to be an old fruit, you know? – but how far ought they to let that go? I think, in a way, that it doesn’t really hurt to have someone keepin’ an eye on all this stuff. It’s not a bad thing to have watchdog groups; you just mustn’t let them get too much power.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... iew-41087/

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Damn, I always assumed Macca was a big I Spit On Your Grave fan.

Real fuddy-duddy stuff, but like the least surprisingly comforable middle-aged conservatism possible.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
19 May 2022, 4:53pm
Damn, I always assumed Macca was a big I Spit On Your Grave fan.

Real fuddy-duddy stuff, but like the least surprisingly comforable middle-aged conservatism possible.
I suppose speaking to Rolling Stone, embracing that soft conservatism is a default setting.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 May 2022, 4:50pm
Are you familiar with the PMRC in the States – the group of Washington wives who want ratings for pop records?
Oh, the lyrics thing. Uh . . . I kind of see their point, you know? I think there is a point, like with newspapers, where you start to want to censor stuff. I don’t really think you ought to, but . . . Let’s say a really great group emerged – and you tend to think they’d be heavy metal, although that’s probably “heavy metallist” to say [laughs] – and say they were advocating, I don’t know, killing, Satanism. And they came out with a really great album and turned a lot of people on to Satanism. There’s got to be a point where you’re gonna say, “Look, guys, we’re all for artistic freedom, but maybe we just don’t want de debbil trampling across America at the moment.” I mean, what would you do? I don’t know. I think censorship’s very dangerous. . . .

But things are getting farther and farther out I saw a show the other night on television which . . . I was not offended by – I mean, it doesn’t really bug me – but it made me start to wonder whether people were going slightly far out. It was a gay thing, and a couple of guys were really gettin’ to it. Now, I have no objection to anyone getting their rocks off in any way they want. But maybe public telly isn’t the forum for it. And video nasties – I Drill Your Brain, I Spit on Your Grave. I haven’t seen those movies myself – I’m gettin’ to be an old fruit, you know? – but how far ought they to let that go? I think, in a way, that it doesn’t really hurt to have someone keepin’ an eye on all this stuff. It’s not a bad thing to have watchdog groups; you just mustn’t let them get too much power.
Futher solidifying his spot as my least favorite Beatle by a wide margin.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
19 May 2022, 6:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 May 2022, 4:50pm

Futher solidifying his spot as my least favorite Beatle by a wide margin.
To nobody's surprise, Kory was soon banned and never heard from again.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

This feels like getting Al Capone on tax evasion, but I'll take it.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Sorry guys, the "I don't care what they do at home, but don't shove it down my throat" argument is a big one for me hating people forever.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc