The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

General music discussion.
Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Beatles song you're thinking about right now thread

Post by Sparky »

Heston wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 6:10pm
What do people make of this? I heard it on the radio without knowing it was Ringo's new song and I quite liked it. Then I found out it was Ringo and wasn't sure if I did or not.

Never heard it until just now, I like it. Looks like it was just released as part of his "Zoom In" EP.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Sparky wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 6:17pm
Heston wrote:
What do people make of this? I heard it on the radio without knowing it was Ringo's new song and I quite liked it. Then I found out it was Ringo and wasn't sure if I did or not.

Never heard it until just now, I like it. Looks like it was just released as part of his "Zoom In" EP.
It's really growing on me but I was disappointed when I realised it wasn't a new band. Can't believe I never recognised Ringo's voice. A similar thing happened to me a while back when I heard Macca's new song on the radio. A really cool song as well...

There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Heston wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 6:27pm
Sparky wrote:
Heston wrote:

It's really growing on me but I was disappointed when I realised it wasn't a new band. Can't believe I never recognised Ringo's voice. A similar thing happened to me a while back when I heard Macca's new song on the radio. A really cool song as well...

I don't listen to a lot of radio, except when riding with the Mrs. in her car. Radio in the States really sucks, probably why I've never heard either of these before.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Sparky wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 6:56pm
Heston wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 6:27pm
Sparky wrote:
Heston wrote:

I don't listen to a lot of radio, except when riding with the Mrs. in her car. Radio in the States really sucks, probably why I've never heard either of these before.
They don't get played a lot in the UK either. I heard both by chance on an obscure hospital radio station that we pick up in our van. In both cases I really liked the songs but then you find out it's by a Beatle and it has a lot to live up to. Both really cool songs though, especially for guys who are around 80 years old.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:

It's very Ringo. But hey really what's not to like here. It's catchy and fun and a positive vibe. I dig it.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 7:12pm
Heston wrote:

It's very Ringo. But hey really what's not to like here. It's catchy and fun and a positive vibe. I dig it.
Yep, I love the affirmative message and that little nod to All You Need Is Love in the title.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

It seems from the way the article is written that this assertion is based entirely on a flippant remark from John. I wouldn't trust anything he said offhand.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
21 May 2021, 5:29pm
It seems from the way the article is written that this assertion is based entirely on a flippant remark from John. I wouldn't trust anything he said offhand.
Undoubtedly. Pretty much anything the Beatles said to the press in those early days was some kind of sly or redirected humour. The article treats it all as straight up, tho.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Paul puts out a video with a deepfake Paul. That stuff is still plenty unnerving to me.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 9:49pm

Paul puts out a video with a deepfake Paul. That stuff is still plenty unnerving to me.
Yeah, agreed, kind of creeps me out a bit.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Sparky wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 10:15am
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I thought that deepfake Paul was dead. I was certain he go killed by a hit and run driver on the Abbey road.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Marky Dread wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 12:21pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I thought that deepfake Paul was dead. I was certain he go killed by a hit and run driver on the Abbey road.
:lol:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 12:21pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Ha! God, Paul could have so much fun with all that using this technology.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

No remixes of Rubber Soul or Revolver on the horizon: https://ultimateclassicrock.com/beatles ... ver-remix/