The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

General music discussion.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by revbob »

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Killing Joke at its best is straight-up catharsis.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Have I mentioned lately how much I dig this? It confirms to me that Belinda Carlisle has a fantastic rock n roll voice.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

motorsmell wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 7:32pm
I dig it.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

Olaf wrote:
30 Mar 2023, 5:44am
motorsmell wrote:
I dig it.
Cheers mate

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Olaf wrote:
30 Mar 2023, 5:44am
motorsmell wrote:
I dig it.
Same 'ere!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

The first bars I'm immediately thinking it's going into Tell Me When My Light Turns Green! I honestly dont think it's vintage Dexys, but it's catchy and just really whets the appetite for the forthcoming album. Roll on the summer!

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Low Down Low wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 5:32pm
The first bars I'm immediately thinking it's going into Tell Me When My Light Turns Green! I honestly dont think it's vintage Dexys, but it's catchy and just really whets the appetite for the forthcoming album. Roll on the summer!
I thought the same about Tell Me When My Light Turns Green. I have seen a few comments saying it is the same as the live arrangement of that song. I have been playing it a few times each day, I think it is very catchy!

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

laxman wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 5:40pm
Low Down Low wrote:
I thought the same about Tell Me When My Light Turns Green. I have seen a few comments saying it is the same as the live arrangement of that song. I have been playing it a few times each day, I think it is very catchy!
It's definitely not bad at all and all I've read about the album sounds really interesting so looking forward to it. Plus, they're playing the Olympia here in September which is my favourite rock venue in the world so stoked for that too!

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Low Down Low wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 6:51pm
laxman wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
It's definitely not bad at all and all I've read about the album sounds really interesting so looking forward to it. Plus, they're playing the Olympia here in September which is my favourite rock venue in the world so stoked for that too!
I saw that. Manchester on 8 September for us I reckon, although Newcastle on 10 September is an option because I am up there for the Great North Run that day!

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

laxman wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 4:14am
Low Down Low wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 6:51pm
laxman wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
I saw that. Manchester on 8 September for us I reckon, although Newcastle on 10 September is an option because I am up there for the Great North Run that day!
Good stuff. They should start that race at 12am and refer to entrants as the Great North Midnight Runners!