The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

General music discussion.
gkbill
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1944
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 9:21pm

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

I just got an alert to this. The patter between songs is very nice and current (I'm wondering if 101 has already seen this). It's pretty good!

Two Mad Men and a String Quartet


Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 15787
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by Silent Majority »

gkbill wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 11:11am
Hello,

I just got an alert to this. The patter between songs is very nice and current (I'm wondering if 101 has already seen this). It's pretty good!

Two Mad Men and a String Quartet

Life on Mars was a misstep, but I loved the rest.
Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom, but I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control and it didn't have any inherent wisdom. I quickly realised that you either became a power or you were crushed


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33314
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by Heston »

Silent Majority wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 12:04pm
gkbill wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 11:11am
Hello,

I just got an alert to this. The patter between songs is very nice and current (I'm wondering if 101 has already seen this). It's pretty good!

Two Mad Men and a String Quartet

Life on Mars was a misstep, but I loved the rest.
Don't tell me Suggs tried to sing Life On Mars.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 15787
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by Silent Majority »

Heston wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 12:54pm
Silent Majority wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 12:04pm
gkbill wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 11:11am
Hello,

I just got an alert to this. The patter between songs is very nice and current (I'm wondering if 101 has already seen this). It's pretty good!

Two Mad Men and a String Quartet

Life on Mars was a misstep, but I loved the rest.
Don't tell me Suggs tried to sing Life On Mars.
It went as well as you'd expect. Maybe 1983 Suggs could have done a bit better.
Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom, but I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control and it didn't have any inherent wisdom. I quickly realised that you either became a power or you were crushed


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33314
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by Heston »

Silent Majority wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 1:16pm
Heston wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 12:54pm
Silent Majority wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 12:04pm
gkbill wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 11:11am
Hello,

I just got an alert to this. The patter between songs is very nice and current (I'm wondering if 101 has already seen this). It's pretty good!

Two Mad Men and a String Quartet

Life on Mars was a misstep, but I loved the rest.
Don't tell me Suggs tried to sing Life On Mars.
It went as well as you'd expect. Maybe 1983 Suggs could have done a bit better.
I see him as a kind of narrator rather than singer. Which he is very good at.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21443
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by 101Walterton »

gkbill wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 11:11am
Hello,

I just got an alert to this. The patter between songs is very nice and current (I'm wondering if 101 has already seen this). It's pretty good!

Two Mad Men and a String Quartet

Thanks Bill,yes they have been releasing teasers on Instagram last couple of days but got the link for full session today. Haven’t heard it all yet but I did wince when I saw Life On Mars on tracklisting.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 88635
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by Dr. Medulla »


Ari Up is utterly mesmerizing. The others seem to be rather random in their movements, but there seems to be a weird purpose and rhythm to what she's doing. Serious savant shit going on.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46069
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 4:01pm
gkbill wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 11:11am
Hello,

I just got an alert to this. The patter between songs is very nice and current (I'm wondering if 101 has already seen this). It's pretty good!

Two Mad Men and a String Quartet

Thanks Bill,yes they have been releasing teasers on Instagram last couple of days but got the link for full session today. Haven’t heard it all yet but I did wince when I saw Life On Mars on tracklisting.
It's a god awful mad(ness) affair. ;)
Image

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46069
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jun 2020, 12:22pm

Ari Up is utterly mesmerizing. The others seem to be rather random in their movements, but there seems to be a weird purpose and rhythm to what she's doing. Serious savant shit going on.
Amazing performer. Sadly missed.
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21443
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
18 Jun 2020, 3:44pm
101Walterton wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 4:01pm
gkbill wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 11:11am
Hello,

I just got an alert to this. The patter between songs is very nice and current (I'm wondering if 101 has already seen this). It's pretty good!

Two Mad Men and a String Quartet

Thanks Bill,yes they have been releasing teasers on Instagram last couple of days but got the link for full session today. Haven’t heard it all yet but I did wince when I saw Life On Mars on tracklisting.
It's a god awful mad(ness) affair. ;)
Still haven’t listened to it all 😞

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33314
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by Heston »

Ok, it's stat time. This was the Pogues' biggest UK hit that wasn't a collaboration. Probably one of my desert island discs, love everything about this song...

There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46069
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
19 Jun 2020, 9:21pm
Ok, it's stat time. This was the Pogues' biggest UK hit that wasn't a collaboration. Probably one of my desert island discs, love everything about this song...

A peach of a tune!
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21443
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
20 Jun 2020, 9:17am
Heston wrote:
19 Jun 2020, 9:21pm
Ok, it's stat time. This was the Pogues' biggest UK hit that wasn't a collaboration. Probably one of my desert island discs, love everything about this song...

A peach of a tune!
Did the single have live tracks featuring Joe on the b-side.

BitterTom
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4161
Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 12:21pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by BitterTom »

Heston wrote:
19 Jun 2020, 9:21pm
Ok, it's stat time. This was the Pogues' biggest UK hit that wasn't a collaboration. Probably one of my desert island discs, love everything about this song...

Yep really enjoyed this, thanks for sharing.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33314
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The Great Thread of YouTube Magnificence!

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
20 Jun 2020, 5:58pm
Heston wrote:
19 Jun 2020, 9:21pm
Ok, it's stat time. This was the Pogues' biggest UK hit that wasn't a collaboration. Probably one of my desert island discs, love everything about this song...

Yep really enjoyed this, thanks for sharing.
There's probably scope for a thread for great songs that the recognised lead singer doesn't sing on.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Post Reply