Hey, remember Rancid?

General music discussion.
biopunk
Unknown Immortal

Re: Hey, remember Rancid?

Post by biopunk »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Biopunk: Canada's Number One Paul Gott fan.
Truth be told, I'm more a fan of Paul Gott's En Guard Records label than I ever was of the Ripcordz... :meh:
Chewing oot a rhythm on my bubblegum

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

biopunk wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Biopunk: Canada's Number One Paul Gott fan.
Truth be told, I'm more a fan of Paul Gott's En Guard Records label than I ever was of the Ripcordz... :meh:
I had a Ripcordz song on a mix tape long, long ago. Fuck, can't recall what it was, but damn it was good.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

[v][/v]

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Hey, I remember this thread!

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Inder wrote:[v][/v]

:cool: :cool: :cool:
So much real punx0r on one stage it ripped a hole in spacetime, d00d. :shifty:

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Hello!
Ok so tonight I'm gonna make a guest appearance on The X-Files. Here's the backstory on how it went down.
Glen Morgan who is the writer and director of X-Files, is a fan of Rancid. Glen has seen Rancid 40 times live over the years. At a show in San Diego, he split his head open in the pit and received 4 stitches, ouch.
Come to find out, Glen had written a character with me in mind called "The Trashman." To just be considered for a role was an honor, but actually filming was a surreal experience. Everyone on set from the cast, to the crew welcomed me with open arms and made me feel right at home.
I've been watching the X-Files since day one, so this whole experience was awesome and a rememberable.

Tim Armstrong
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

tepista wrote:Hello!
Ok so tonight I'm gonna make a guest appearance on The X-Files. Here's the backstory on how it went down.
Glen Morgan who is the writer and director of X-Files, is a fan of Rancid. Glen has seen Rancid 40 times live over the years. At a show in San Diego, he split his head open in the pit and received 4 stitches, ouch.
Come to find out, Glen had written a character with me in mind called "The Trashman." To just be considered for a role was an honor, but actually filming was a surreal experience. Everyone on set from the cast, to the crew welcomed me with open arms and made me feel right at home.
I've been watching the X-Files since day one, so this whole experience was awesome and a rememberable.

Tim Armstrong
The 90s :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Flex wrote:

Tim Armstrong
The 90s :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
I would have named the character "Mumbles"
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

tepista wrote:
Flex wrote:

Tim Armstrong
I would have named the character "Mumbles"
:mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Had a pint with Lars today as we were supporting his offshoot band in Belfast, what a wonderful down to earth chap he is. It was our bass player's birthday and he presented him with a bottle of rum onstage. I'm now drinking it, so forgive any posts in the KISS thread.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Heston wrote:Had a pint with Lars today as we were supporting his offshoot band in Belfast, what a wonderful down to earth chap he is. It was our bass player's birthday and he presented him with a bottle of rum onstage. I'm now drinking it, so forgive any posts in the KISS thread.
I totally love their Billy Bragg cover.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:Had a pint with Lars today as we were supporting his offshoot band in Belfast, what a wonderful down to earth chap he is. It was our bass player's birthday and he presented him with a bottle of rum onstage. I'm now drinking it, so forgive any posts in the KISS thread.
That's cool.

...that still don't excuse any KISS rubbish.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

That's awesome.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Very cool. How did the PR gig go?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

JennyB wrote:
Very cool. How did the PR gig go?
I was playing with a band I'm helping out on guitar called Crashed Out. Gig went well. The best thing was I bumped into Jim Reilly from Stiff Little Fingers later in the night outside the venue. He played drums on all their best songs so I was quite awestruck. Lovely bloke though. I got a pic taken but it's a bit blurry. Will upload it later.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board