Hey, remember Rancid?

General music discussion.
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: Hey, remember Rancid?

Post by matedog »

Heston wrote:Had a pint with Lars today as we were supporting his offshoot band in Belfast, what a wonderful down to earth chap he is. It was our bass player's birthday and he presented him with a bottle of rum onstage. I'm now drinking it, so forgive any posts in the KISS thread.
I met him when I went to see the Rob Zombie Halloween movie. I got him to call Matt Patrol and leave a voicemail for him. Cool guy.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Heston wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Heston wrote:Had a pint with Lars today as we were supporting his offshoot band in Belfast, what a wonderful down to earth chap he is. It was our bass player's birthday and he presented him with a bottle of rum onstage. I'm now drinking it, so forgive any posts in the KISS thread.
Very cool. How did the PR gig go?
I was playing with a band I'm helping out on guitar called Crashed Out. Gig went well. The best thing was I bumped into Jim Reilly from Stiff Little Fingers later in the night outside the venue. He played drums on all their best songs so I was quite awestruck. Lovely bloke though. I got a pic taken but it's a bit blurry. Will upload it later.
Fantastic!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

A rather drunken Heston with Jim Reilly...

There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I don't get drunk anymore—well, rarely, and not intentionally—but I would like to get drunk with Heston one night. I can't imagine it would be anything less than top fun.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:I don't get drunk anymore—well, rarely, and not intentionally—but I would like to get drunk with Heston one night. I can't imagine it would be anything less than top fun.
That Canadian tour may happen one day. The band I'm playing with have done two North American tours so it's not out of the question. I'll try and arrange a support slot with Nickelback.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:I don't get drunk anymore—well, rarely, and not intentionally—but I would like to get drunk with Heston one night. I can't imagine it would be anything less than top fun.
Same. We really, really need to plan an IMCT meetup in London. When is the board's 20th anniversary? We can start saving now.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
Same. We really, really need to plan an IMCT meetup in London. When is the board's 20th anniversary? We can start saving now.
As much as I hate travelling, I would travel to the UK or US for a meet-up. Otherwise, next time Heston and the Animalizers make it to Canada, I'll be there to throw my underwear at them.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
As much as I hate travelling, I would travel to the UK or US for a meet-up. Otherwise, next time Heston and the Animalizers make it to Canada, I'll be there to throw my underwear at them.
Me too.
Got a Rake? Sure!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Me too.
Y'all three plus like Marky are pretty much the last regulars I need to meet.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Me too.
I keep an eye on the wife's various conference locations, so that if any of them sync up with IMCTers, I can come along with her.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote: Same. We really, really need to plan an IMCT meetup in London. When is the board's 20th anniversary? We can start saving now.
Me too.
I keep an eye on the wife's various conference locations, so that if any of them sync up with IMCTers, I can come along with her.
I have only met Tep and Kaleb in person, and spoken to Wolt once on the phone. So I have a lot of people to meet.
Got a Rake? Sure!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

i remember rancid
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

tepista wrote:i remember rancid
I don't remeber if Rancid ever covered Halloween.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: As much as I hate travelling, I would travel to the UK or US for a meet-up. Otherwise, next time Heston and the Animalizers make it to Canada, I'll be there to throw my underwear at them.
Me too.
I have only met Tep and Kaleb in person, and spoken to Wolt once on the phone. So I have a lot of people to meet.
I've met up with Flex twice and sent Doc a super cool Yankees / KISS shirt but that's about it. If all goes well me and the Beaneater will down a few pints together and maybe go see Screeching Weasel in NYC.

I go to a lot of places that don't have IMCT people...that I know of

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:
JennyB wrote: Me too.
I've met up with Flex twice and sent Doc a super cool Yankees / KISS shirt but that's about it. If all goes well me and the Beaneater will down a few pints together and maybe go see Screeching Weasel in NYC.

I go to a lot of places that don't have IMCT people...that I know of
Beaneater is a solid dude, plus he'll let you get to second base with just a wink.