seven song shuffle

General music discussion.
Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46641
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Marky Dread »

Olaf wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 11:40am
Can't believe how often Hüsker Dü came up recently. The shuffle function seems to be a bigger fan than me.
The shuffle function out smarted you.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Olaf
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5262
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:23pm
Location: Germanien

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Olaf »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 12:41pm
Olaf wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 11:40am
Can't believe how often Hüsker Dü came up recently. The shuffle function seems to be a bigger fan than me.
The shuffle function out smarted you.
It's not peculiar. ;)

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46641
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Marky Dread »

Olaf wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 12:53pm
Marky Dread wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 12:41pm
Olaf wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 11:40am
Can't believe how often Hüsker Dü came up recently. The shuffle function seems to be a bigger fan than me.
The shuffle function out smarted you.
It's not peculiar. ;)
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Olaf
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5262
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:23pm
Location: Germanien

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Olaf »

Marky, you're the man.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13125
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by revbob »

Big Sweet Baby - Tammy Savoy *
The Long Black Veil - Tim Armstrong
Nearer to You - Samantha Fish
All I Can Do is Cry - Mike Ness
Let Them Knock - Sharon Jones
Banned from the Roxy - Jeffrey Lewis
I Tried - Ruby Velle and the Soulphonics

* Rockabilly chick, for Heston's reference

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13125
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by revbob »

Chants de la Liberte - Panic Report (who picks this shit?)
Coolnout - Joe Strummer
Honor is all We Know - Rancid
Look My Way - The Inciters
Into Action - Tim Armstrong
Unionize - Redskins
All for You - Imelda May *

Heston's requisite rockabilly chick song

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33709
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 8:05pm
Chants de la Liberte - Panic Report (who picks this shit?)
Coolnout - Joe Strummer
Honor is all We Know - Rancid
Look My Way - The Inciters
Into Action - Tim Armstrong
Unionize - Redskins
All for You - Imelda May *

Heston's requisite rockabilly chick song
Hey, we read each other like a book. You will have a rockabilly chick and I will have a no mark pop band like Bucks Fizz or Boney M.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13125
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 9:05pm
revbob wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 8:05pm
Chants de la Liberte - Panic Report (who picks this shit?)
Coolnout - Joe Strummer
Honor is all We Know - Rancid
Look My Way - The Inciters
Into Action - Tim Armstrong
Unionize - Redskins
All for You - Imelda May *

Heston's requisite rockabilly chick song
Hey, we read each other like a book. You will have a rockabilly chick and I will have a no mark pop band like Bucks Fizz or Boney M.
Sexiness aside I've got a thing for rockabilly chicks. Wait I mean I like the music too at least for the ones I like. Music first, sexiness 2nd. I legally shouldn't be posting here at this point

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 15886
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Silent Majority »

Beeswing - Christy Moore
Car Jamming - The Clash
Ironmasters - The Men They Couldn't Hang
Summer In the City - The Cortinas
Hit the North - the Fall
Sunspots - Julian Cope
Blank Generation - Richard Hell
Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom, but I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control and it didn't have any inherent wisdom. I quickly realised that you either became a power or you were crushed


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13125
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by revbob »

Silent Majority wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 6:03am
Beeswing - Christy Moore
Car Jamming - The Clash
Ironmasters - The Men They Couldn't Hang
Summer In the City - The Cortinas
Hit the North - the Fall
Sunspots - Julian Cope
Blank Generation - Richard Hell
Nice selection James.

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 15886
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Silent Majority »

revbob wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 6:14am
Silent Majority wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 6:03am
Beeswing - Christy Moore
Car Jamming - The Clash
Ironmasters - The Men They Couldn't Hang
Summer In the City - The Cortinas
Hit the North - the Fall
Sunspots - Julian Cope
Blank Generation - Richard Hell
Nice selection James.
Thank you.

For those who may not know, the Cortinas has a drummer who didn't play on CTC.
Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom, but I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control and it didn't have any inherent wisdom. I quickly realised that you either became a power or you were crushed


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46641
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 3:52pm
revbob wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 6:14am
Silent Majority wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 6:03am
Beeswing - Christy Moore
Car Jamming - The Clash
Ironmasters - The Men They Couldn't Hang
Summer In the City - The Cortinas
Hit the North - the Fall
Sunspots - Julian Cope
Blank Generation - Richard Hell
Nice selection James.
Thank you.

For those who may not know, the Cortinas has a drummer who didn't play on CTC.
And a guitar player that gave good Head.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46641
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Marky Dread »

1. Blam Blam Fever - The Valentine's
2. Twist Lackawanna - Jr Walkers All Stars
3. The Girl Can't Help It - Little Richard
4. Ubangi Stomp - Warren Smith
5. Hey Mr D.J. - Bobby Moore & The Rhythm Aces
6. Green Light - Youngblood
7. Apache - Michael Viner's Incredible Bongo Band
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13125
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 10:11am
1. Blam Blam Fever - The Valentine's
2. Twist Lackawanna - Jr Walkers All Stars
3. The Girl Can't Help It - Little Richard
4. Ubangi Stomp - Warren Smith
5. Hey Mr D.J. - Bobby Moore & The Rhythm Aces
6. Green Light - Youngblood
7. Apache - Michael Viner's Incredible Bongo Band
Lots of stuff I don't recognize here, anything up my alley you think?

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46641
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 11:13am
Marky Dread wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 10:11am
1. Blam Blam Fever - The Valentine's
2. Twist Lackawanna - Jr Walkers All Stars
3. The Girl Can't Help It - Little Richard
4. Ubangi Stomp - Warren Smith
5. Hey Mr D.J. - Bobby Moore & The Rhythm Aces
6. Green Light - Youngblood
7. Apache - Michael Viner's Incredible Bongo Band
Lots of stuff I don't recognize here, anything up my alley you think?
The Valentine's - early Ska
Jr Walker quality - R&B
Warren Smith - Rockabilly

All of them are great in my opinion I think you might dig them all.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Post Reply