seven song shuffle

General music discussion.
Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 47225
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Marky Dread »

gkbill wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 6:55pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 6:04pm
revbob wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 5:58pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 5:20pm
Here Comes the Night - Them
Something Inside of Me - The Coral
Small Axe - Bob Marley & The Wailers
In a Room - Dodgy
Living On the Frontline - Eddy Grant
I'm Not the Man I Used to Be - Fine Young Cannibals
Hypocrite - Newtown Neurotics
Such an underappreciated band.

So what's the story on Dodgy? Never heard of em.

Also...
The Man Says - Ruby Velle and the Soulphonics
Burn it Down - Dexys Midnight Runners
Think Locally, Fuck Globally - Gogol Bordello
In the City - Tim Armstrong
No Turning Back - Imelda May
I'll Still be True - Sharon Jones
Brainwashed - Detroit Cobras
Newtown Neurotics are great. I have all their albums.

Dodgy were a pop band from the Britpop era but don't think of Oasis. More like classic Who.

I'm really digging those two Ruby Velle albums. Gets better with each new play. Detroit Cobras are cool. Do you like The Dirtbombs?
Hello,

Dirtbombs are hit and miss for me. Ultraglide in Black is really good - worth getting. Party Store is a miss.
Yeah I agree Ultraglide is solid.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13855
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Aug 2020, 4:15am
revbob wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 6:54pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 6:04pm
revbob wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 5:58pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 5:20pm
Here Comes the Night - Them
Something Inside of Me - The Coral
Small Axe - Bob Marley & The Wailers
In a Room - Dodgy
Living On the Frontline - Eddy Grant
I'm Not the Man I Used to Be - Fine Young Cannibals
Hypocrite - Newtown Neurotics
Such an underappreciated band.

So what's the story on Dodgy? Never heard of em.

Also...
The Man Says - Ruby Velle and the Soulphonics
Burn it Down - Dexys Midnight Runners
Think Locally, Fuck Globally - Gogol Bordello
In the City - Tim Armstrong
No Turning Back - Imelda May
I'll Still be True - Sharon Jones
Brainwashed - Detroit Cobras
Newtown Neurotics are great. I have all their albums.

Dodgy were a pop band from the Britpop era but don't think of Oasis. More like classic Who.

I'm really digging those two Ruby Velle albums. Gets better with each new play. Detroit Cobras are cool. Do you like The Dirtbombs?
Ill give Dodgy a go. Glad you're enjoying the Ruby Velle. I do like the Dirtbombs and the Gories although been ages since I listened to either. Ill need to remedy that. I love Rachel from the Cobras vocals I had planned to see them open for MC50 a few years back but some serious personal stuff prevented that. Damn she has a voice that is like no other.

Rachel Nagy and Lisa Kekaula are two of my favorite singers. So damn talented.
I first saw The Bellrays supporting The Damned in 2003. Totally blown away by the soul punk power. I remember describing them to my mate the next day as "The Stooges fronted by Aretha Franklin" he thought I was nuts until I played him a few songs on YouTube. Great band.
Yeah I hope to see them live one of these days.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13855
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by revbob »

Hello Stranger - Samantha Fish
Coma Girl - Joe Strummer
Tide is High - Blondie
Jenny Drinks - The Interrupters
Life Wont Wait - Rancid
Dont Thrill Me No More - The Dirt Daubers
Turkish Delight - Kitty Daisy and Lewis

JChampion
Dirty Punk
Posts: 92
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 2:10pm

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by JChampion »

Welcome to the Working Week - Elvis Costello
Inkpot - Kepi Ghoulie
I Shot the Sheriff - Bob Marley
Effect and Cause - The Whit Stripes
Honey Don't - Wanda Jackson
Hold On - Alabama Shakes
Feral Children - Prima Donna

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13855
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by revbob »

Denis - Blondie
Coma Girl - Joe Strummer
Its Your Voodoo Working Samantha Fish
That's How I Feel About - Blue Harlem
Neighborhood Threat - Iggy Pop
Aint it a Shame - Detroit Cobras
Into Action - Tim Armstrong

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 47225
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Marky Dread »

Dancing Shoes - Bob Marley & The Wailers
Pressure Drop - The Clash
Living in Paradise - Elvis Costello
Green Light - The Equals
Like a Stranger - Fine Young Cannibals
This Is My Country - The Impressions
Gun Law - The Kane Gang
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13855
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 8:53am
Dancing Shoes - Bob Marley & The Wailers
Pressure Drop - The Clash
Living in Paradise - Elvis Costello
Green Light - The Equals
Like a Stranger - Fine Young Cannibals
This Is My Country - The Impressions
Gun Law - The Kane Gang
Cool, dont know the last 2 though, will investigate...

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 47225
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 9:13am
Marky Dread wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 8:53am
Dancing Shoes - Bob Marley & The Wailers
Pressure Drop - The Clash
Living in Paradise - Elvis Costello
Green Light - The Equals
Like a Stranger - Fine Young Cannibals
This Is My Country - The Impressions
Gun Law - The Kane Gang
Cool, dont know the last 2 though, will investigate...
No sure you'll dig The Kane Gang. Very 80s production on that one. The Impressions track is a classic!
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13855
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 9:30am
revbob wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 9:13am
Marky Dread wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 8:53am
Dancing Shoes - Bob Marley & The Wailers
Pressure Drop - The Clash
Living in Paradise - Elvis Costello
Green Light - The Equals
Like a Stranger - Fine Young Cannibals
This Is My Country - The Impressions
Gun Law - The Kane Gang
Cool, dont know the last 2 though, will investigate...
No sure you'll dig The Kane Gang. Very 80s production on that one. The Impressions track is a classic!
Yeah you know me.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 29431
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Flex »

Redemption - Johnny Cash
Jump and Thump - Van Morrison
Let There Be Rock - AC/DC
Corcovado (Quiet Nights) - Astrud Gilberto
Nutted by Reality [El Mocambo Encore] - Elvis Costello & The Attractions
Four Sticks - Led Zeppelin
Ghoul View Commercial - John Zacherle
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 16041
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Silent Majority »

Flex wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 12:52pm
Redemption - Johnny Cash
Jump and Thump - Van Morrison
Let There Be Rock - AC/DC
Corcovado (Quiet Nights) - Astrud Gilberto
Nutted by Reality [El Mocambo Encore] - Elvis Costello & The Attractions
Four Sticks - Led Zeppelin
Ghoul View Commercial - John Zacherle
Nice.
so don't complain about your useless employment
Jack it in forever tonight


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13855
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 12:52pm
Redemption - Johnny Cash
Jump and Thump - Van Morrison
Let There Be Rock - AC/DC
Corcovado (Quiet Nights) - Astrud Gilberto
Nutted by Reality [El Mocambo Encore] - Elvis Costello & The Attractions
Four Sticks - Led Zeppelin
Ghoul View Commercial - John Zacherle
Solid looking list
Bold ones worth my time?

BitterTom
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4363
Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 12:21pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by BitterTom »

Let There Be Rock is top 5 AC/DC, possibly top 3.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 29431
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 3:05pm
Solid looking list
Bold ones worth my time?
Gilberto is a bossa nova/samba singer who became famous for The Girl From Ipanema. Good if you want to pull up a groove and get fabulous, but may not be up your alley.

John Zacherley a.k.a. Zacherley is amazing. An old tv horror host who got HUGE and release some albums back in the day. I'd start at Spook Along with Zacherley and go from there.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13855
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by revbob »

You Knows What to Do - Detroit Cobras
Counting Down rhe Hours - Ted Leo and the Rx
Armagideon Time - The Clash
Burn it Down - Dexys
Armstrong - The Adjusters*
Coning to Your Rescue - Tim Armstrong
Chase PC's Flee Attack By

* Flex would dig this.

Post Reply