seven song shuffle

General music discussion.
revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15849
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 12:18pm
Another batch in the Spooktober shuffle

The Monotones - Legend of Sleepy Hollow
The Creepniks - zombie stomp
The Misfits - Vampira
Oingo Boingo - Flesh 'N' Blood
Art Roberts - Terrible Ivan
Sons of Perdition - Mouldering Heart
John zacherle - Coolest Little Monster
Not enough participation from the rest of the gang, although as I recall Heston saying the UK crowd doesn't go in for Halloween.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 49576
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Marky Dread »

BitterTom wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 2:32pm
Marky Dread wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 2:10pm
BitterTom wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 9:58am
Heston wrote:
04 Oct 2020, 5:59pm
revbob wrote:
04 Oct 2020, 5:27pm


Are we talking versus Dion?????
I fucking hope not but it looks like it.
The Quo version makes for a much better listen.
Oh yeah, I'm the type of guy that likes to play the Quo
I'm never in one place
I'm always on the go

Oh well, there's Phil on my left and then there's Metallica on my right
I really don't care that others think them shite

Cause I'm the BitterTom
Yeah I'm the BitterTom
I roam around, around, around

:mrgreen:
I missed this post first time, how I'm not sure but excellent work as always mate!! :mrgreen:
:mrgreen:
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 36105
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 2:44pm
Flex wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 12:18pm
Another batch in the Spooktober shuffle

The Monotones - Legend of Sleepy Hollow
The Creepniks - zombie stomp
The Misfits - Vampira
Oingo Boingo - Flesh 'N' Blood
Art Roberts - Terrible Ivan
Sons of Perdition - Mouldering Heart
John zacherle - Coolest Little Monster
Not enough participation from the rest of the gang, although as I recall Heston saying the UK crowd doesn't go in for Halloween.
No, I don't get this obsession with halloween once you reach adulthood. Even as a kid it wasn't a big deal compared to Guy Fawkes Night.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

BitterTom
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4858
Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 12:21pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by BitterTom »

Heston wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 2:54pm
revbob wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 2:44pm
Flex wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 12:18pm
Another batch in the Spooktober shuffle

The Monotones - Legend of Sleepy Hollow
The Creepniks - zombie stomp
The Misfits - Vampira
Oingo Boingo - Flesh 'N' Blood
Art Roberts - Terrible Ivan
Sons of Perdition - Mouldering Heart
John zacherle - Coolest Little Monster
Not enough participation from the rest of the gang, although as I recall Heston saying the UK crowd doesn't go in for Halloween.
No, I don't get this obsession with halloween once you reach adulthood. Even as a kid it wasn't a big deal compared to Guy Fawkes Night.
Yep can't even recall doing much for Halloween, even as a kid. Nothing like a bastard big fire though for Guy Fawkes to get engulfed in, have some cracking memories making a Fawkes up with my nana and grandad, made it look the part, only to set it alight a few hours later!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 49576
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 2:44pm
Flex wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 12:18pm
Another batch in the Spooktober shuffle

The Monotones - Legend of Sleepy Hollow
The Creepniks - zombie stomp
The Misfits - Vampira
Oingo Boingo - Flesh 'N' Blood
Art Roberts - Terrible Ivan
Sons of Perdition - Mouldering Heart
John zacherle - Coolest Little Monster
Not enough participation from the rest of the gang, although as I recall Heston saying the UK crowd doesn't go in for Halloween.
I'm digging some of the tunes Flex has posted as I like monster songs etc. But Halloween (All Hallows Eve) means little here.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 49576
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Marky Dread »

BitterTom wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 2:58pm
Heston wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 2:54pm
revbob wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 2:44pm
Flex wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 12:18pm
Another batch in the Spooktober shuffle

The Monotones - Legend of Sleepy Hollow
The Creepniks - zombie stomp
The Misfits - Vampira
Oingo Boingo - Flesh 'N' Blood
Art Roberts - Terrible Ivan
Sons of Perdition - Mouldering Heart
John zacherle - Coolest Little Monster
Not enough participation from the rest of the gang, although as I recall Heston saying the UK crowd doesn't go in for Halloween.
No, I don't get this obsession with halloween once you reach adulthood. Even as a kid it wasn't a big deal compared to Guy Fawkes Night.
Yep can't even recall doing much for Halloween, even as a kid. Nothing like a bastard big fire though for Guy Fawkes to get engulfed in, have some cracking memories making a Fawkes up with my nana and grandad, made it look the part, only to set it alight a few hours later!
I wouldn't let you anywhere near my grandparents. :mrgreen:
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 30246
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Flex »

as an adult, it's mostly a good excuse to watch a bunch of horror movies and listen to monster music. maybe eat a bit of candy and so forth. i love it. maybe my favorite holiday.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 49576
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Marky Dread »

Flex wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 3:04pm
as an adult, it's mostly a good excuse to watch a bunch of horror movies and listen to monster music. maybe eat a bit of candy and so forth. i love it. maybe my favorite holiday.
Kinda sounds like everyday. No way I'm waiting for just one day a year. ;)
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15849
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 3:10pm
Flex wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 3:04pm
as an adult, it's mostly a good excuse to watch a bunch of horror movies and listen to monster music. maybe eat a bit of candy and so forth. i love it. maybe my favorite holiday.
Kinda sounds like everyday. No way I'm waiting for just one day a year. ;)
Yeah I listen to most of this music year round anyway but like with Christmas I put a special emphasis on it for Halloween. If you have kids it can be fun too, they generally have such a good time and its probably the one night a year I can go walking around the neighborhood drinking and chatting with different people. Although now that the kids are grown I dont participate in that part anymore

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 30246
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Flex »

when i lived in breck, halloween was basically a big block party. the streets shut down so kids could safely walk around and all the neighbors hung out grilling, drinking and passing out treats and such. it was great.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15849
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 3:18pm
when i lived in breck, halloween was basically a big block party. the streets shut down so kids could safely walk around and all the neighbors hung out grilling, drinking and passing out treats and such. it was great.
Yeah, no grilling here though but certainly a friendly party atmosphere. As long as the weather cooperates.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 36105
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Heston »

Flex wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 3:18pm
when i lived in breck, halloween was basically a big block party. the streets shut down so kids could safely walk around and all the neighbors hung out grilling, drinking and passing out treats and such. it was great.
We never really got trick and treat and stuff til the early 90s. Before that you just wandered around aimlessly with a turnip lantern.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 49576
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 4:29pm
Flex wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 3:18pm
when i lived in breck, halloween was basically a big block party. the streets shut down so kids could safely walk around and all the neighbors hung out grilling, drinking and passing out treats and such. it was great.
We never really got trick and treat and stuff til the early 90s. Before that you just wandered around aimlessly with a turnip lantern.
No pumpkins for you.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15849
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 4:29pm
Flex wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 3:18pm
when i lived in breck, halloween was basically a big block party. the streets shut down so kids could safely walk around and all the neighbors hung out grilling, drinking and passing out treats and such. it was great.
We never really got trick and treat and stuff til the early 90s. Before that you just wandered around aimlessly with a turnip lantern.
This sounds quite sad.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 49576
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: seven song shuffle

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 4:50pm
Heston wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 4:29pm
Flex wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 3:18pm
when i lived in breck, halloween was basically a big block party. the streets shut down so kids could safely walk around and all the neighbors hung out grilling, drinking and passing out treats and such. it was great.
We never really got trick and treat and stuff til the early 90s. Before that you just wandered around aimlessly with a turnip lantern.
This sounds quite sad.
We used to take our kids trick or treating but yeah nothing really happened here 'til the 90s.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Post Reply