Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The KISS thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
16 Dec 2022, 12:31pm
Olaf wrote:
16 Dec 2022, 12:29pm
"Here's my belated birthday gift, Heston!"
He really isn't fussy, is he? Anything with a pulse.
No, it's a reunion. He took her virginity decades ago, when she was just 13.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Dec 2022, 1:37pm
Heston wrote:
Olaf wrote:
And now he's here for her 13yo daughter.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
16 Dec 2022, 2:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Dec 2022, 1:37pm
Heston wrote:
Olaf wrote:
And now he's here for her 13yo daughter.
Let the circle of KISS predation never close!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
29 Dec 2022, 2:15pm
Fantastic. :lol:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jan 2023, 7:51pm
Asshole excretes bullshit: https://www.loudersound.com/news/gene-s ... y-the-game
It's like something I could have said after copious amounts of wine.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
27 Jan 2023, 2:57am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Asshole excretes bullshit: https://www.loudersound.com/news/gene-s ... y-the-game
It's like something I could have said after copious amounts of wine.
That's an interesting observation. How do you think like sober asshole Gene Simmons? Start drinking.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Simmons says: "We decided not to play the game. The game of pop groups was to try to figure out those saccharine sweet melodies and choruses that had to do with love and heartbreak and so on, that mom and dad listening to the radio during the day time would find appealing.
Uhh...
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
27 Jan 2023, 11:35am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Simmons says: "We decided not to play the game. The game of pop groups was to try to figure out those saccharine sweet melodies and choruses that had to do with love and heartbreak and so on, that mom and dad listening to the radio during the day time would find appealing.
Uhh...
Seriously. He has an argument in the first few years of their career, when they emphasized albums and touring over radio play, but once Destroyer and "Beth" found mainstream success, they went full-on to being a commercially popular band, albeit one that was still clownish.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jan 2023, 11:42am
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Uhh...
Seriously. He has an argument in the first few years of their career, when they emphasized albums and touring over radio play, but once Destroyer and "Beth" found mainstream success, they went full-on to being a commercially popular band, albeit one that was still clownish.
He response sounds like a spurned lover, "well I didn't want you anyway!"
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
27 Jan 2023, 11:48am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Uhh...
Given the band's success and *sigh* influence, that he should be bitter in any way is dumb as fuck. Succeeding with a gimmick/con for five damned decades means you don't get to bitch about anything or anyone. Even more, that band has been coasting on, feeding off the first five or six years of their career. Apart from our resident insane KISS fan, nobody is demanding to hear "She's So European" or "Psycho Circus." KISS fans are basically good with stopping at Love Gun.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jan 2023, 11:56am
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Uhh...
Given the band's success and *sigh* influence, that he should be bitter in any way is dumb as fuck. Succeeding with a gimmick/con for five damned decades means you don't get to bitch about anything or anyone. Even more, that band has been coasting on, feeding off the first five or six years of their career. Apart from our resident insane KISS fan, nobody is demanding to hear "She's So European" or "Psycho Circus." KISS fans are basically good with stopping at Love Gun.
While most sane people abstain altogether.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
27 Jan 2023, 12:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jan 2023, 11:56am
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:

Uhh...
While most sane people abstain altogether.
Abstain or scorn, yes.