General music discussion.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: The KISS thread

Post by Heston »

Wolter wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 10:59am
This one’s for you, Heston.
What a towering presence they were. The American Beatles with lasers and smoking guitars. You've really pulled the trigger of my love gun here, Wolt.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Heston wrote:
13 Jun 2011, 12:40pm
Ok, I'm gonna try and keep all the KISS talk here. You'll be getting videos, songs, KISSTORY lessons and general ramblings about THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD!!!!!

Exhibit One: Check out Gene and Paul's early version of KISS, Wicked Lester....

[youtube][/youtube]

"Yes", I hear you cry, "derivative of Jethro Tull." BUT..... listen to that chorus, there's a bit of a reggae feel there, showing how versatile KISS would become in the future, enabling them to jump on any bandwagon going.
From what I've heard of KISS, I always assumed they were an AC/DC, good songs but very similar throughout. This put my theory down the toilet. Enjoyed this.

Heston

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 7:01pm
Heston wrote:
Ok, I'm gonna try and keep all the KISS talk here. You'll be getting videos, songs, KISSTORY lessons and general ramblings about THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD!!!!!

[youtube][/youtube]

"Yes", I hear you cry, "derivative of Jethro Tull." BUT..... listen to that chorus, there's a bit of a reggae feel there, showing how versatile KISS would become in the future, enabling them to jump on any bandwagon going.
From what I've heard of KISS, I always assumed they were an AC/DC, good songs but very similar throughout. This put my theory down the toilet. Enjoyed this.
Check out Dynasty, their disco album. But don't check out Music From the Elder, their concept album. The latter is beyond Spinal Tap but not funny at all.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

BitterTom wrote:
Heston wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]

AC/DC is miles ahead of KISS.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

matedog wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 10:20am
BitterTom wrote:
Heston wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]

From what I've heard today, I agree. A couple of interesting tracks but not really my bag. Will finish the album Heston recommended though this eve.

matedog

Post by matedog »

BitterTom wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 10:28am
matedog wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Heston wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]

From what I've heard today, I agree. A couple of interesting tracks but not really my bag. Will finish the album Heston recommended though this eve.
Strutter is a good song. Heaven's On Fire is good if you like shitty hair metal like I do. God Gave Rock and Roll To You is also good/awful.

AC/DC is a weird case where I adore the band maybe three songs at a time. Anymore and I get palate fatigue. But I will defend AC/DC to my final days.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

matedog wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 10:52am
BitterTom wrote:
matedog wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Heston wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]

Strutter is a good song. Heaven's On Fire is good if you like shitty hair metal like I do. God Gave Rock and Roll To You is also good/awful.

AC/DC is a weird case where I adore the band maybe three songs at a time. Anymore and I get palate fatigue. But I will defend AC/DC to my final days.
I have never agreed as much with anyone about anything ever. Hoytom to end all Hoytom's

Heston

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
matedog wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Heston wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]

What you should have done is checked out my ultimate KISS playlist that I sent to Wolter a few years back. Even he melted in the presence of such utter excellence. I'll see if I can dig it out.

Heston

Post by Heston »

The thread...

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7216&p=301377&hili ... st#p301377

The list...

Strutter
Let Me Know
Kissin' Time
Black Diamond
All the Way
Comin' Home
Let Me Go Rock and Roll
Room Service
She
Rock n Roll All Nite
Deuce
Detroit Rock City
Flaming Youth
Do You Love Me
Shout It Out Loud
Hard Luck Woman
Calling Dr Love
Christine Sixteen
Then She Kissed Me
Love Gun
Anyway You Want It
Rocket Ride
Rockin' in the USA

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

matedog wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 10:52am
BitterTom wrote:
matedog wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Heston wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]

I agree. I hardly ever listen to more than a few in a row, but when I’m listening, they rule.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Heston wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 11:29am
The thread...

The list...

Strutter
Let Me Know
Kissin' Time
Black Diamond
All the Way
Comin' Home
Let Me Go Rock and Roll
Room Service
She
Rock n Roll All Nite
Deuce
Detroit Rock City
Flaming Youth
Do You Love Me
Shout It Out Loud
Hard Luck Woman
Calling Dr Love
Christine Sixteen
Then She Kissed Me
Love Gun
Anyway You Want It
Rocket Ride
Rockin' in the USA
Constructed. Will go through each on this week's dog walking and give em a rate.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190701-165807_deezer.jpg

Heston

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 11:59am
Heston wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 11:29am
The thread...

The list...

Strutter
Let Me Know
Kissin' Time
Black Diamond
All the Way
Comin' Home
Let Me Go Rock and Roll
Room Service
She
Rock n Roll All Nite
Deuce
Detroit Rock City
Flaming Youth
Do You Love Me
Shout It Out Loud
Hard Luck Woman
Calling Dr Love
Christine Sixteen
Then She Kissed Me
Love Gun
Anyway You Want It
Rocket Ride
Rockin' in the USA
Constructed. Will go through each on this week's dog walking and give em a rate.
Most excellent. I hope you enjoy it, but I'm not sure you will.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

This thread was so much better starting around page 67 … :sad:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7216&start=1000

A sample (updating) …
P.78

P.79

P.91

P.99

P. 112

P. 116

P. 118

P.137
Last edited by Dr. Medulla on 01 Jul 2019, 2:01pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I can't recall why I gave up the daily fan drawing quest, but, damn, combing thru it all, it was an illness.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft