The KISS thread

General music discussion.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The KISS thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

So, just to figure out my week here, do y'all actually want to do this live (and recorded for those who can't make it), or should I do it alone and then upload? I'm good any evening this week but Wednesday (and maybe Thursday). I should add that I'll be yakking around 75–80 mins (more if I go off an a tangent, which … happens).
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Feb 2021, 10:48am
So, just to figure out my week here, do y'all actually want to do this live (and recorded for those who can't make it), or should I do it alone and then upload? I'm good any evening this week but Wednesday (and maybe Thursday). I should add that I'll be yakking around 75–80 mins (more if I go off an a tangent, which … happens).
Only weds would have been good for me. Makes sense to record it then we can laugh at our own leisure.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
16 Feb 2021, 11:06am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Only weds would have been good for me. Makes sense to record it then we can laugh at our own leisure.
It's being recorded regardless of whether I have a live audience, so that's no worry.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Feb 2021, 11:49am
Heston wrote:
16 Feb 2021, 11:06am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It's being recorded regardless of whether I have a live audience, so that's no worry.
Oh well, whatever suits anyone else then.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

If you allow people here to watch the lecture, would you take questions? It might be fun but it might be problematic with administration if non-students are participating in classes. You could always take questions after you stop recording or pause recording to take questions. You could also tell administration you have brought in a panel of outside experts to augment your lecture!

Heston

Post by Heston »

gkbill wrote:
16 Feb 2021, 12:39pm
Hello,

If you allow people here to watch the lecture, would you take questions? It might be fun but it might be problematic with administration if non-students are participating in classes. You could always take questions after you stop recording or pause recording to take questions. You could also tell administration you have brought in a panel of outside experts to augment your lecture!
That'll be me then.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
Hello,

This won't be the class version of the lecture. I won't be doing that until early April. This is a test run both to see how it plays to me and to see how long it goes and what needs to be trimmed, plus a few people here earlier said they were interested in hearing it. So this one would be just for us.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
16 Feb 2021, 12:41pm
gkbill wrote:
Hello,

That'll be me then.
I don’t know if a lifelong mark is the best expert on con men.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I just joined a Sabbath board the other day.

There's Hestons there too...
https://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/forum/ ... -fans-here

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
16 Feb 2021, 2:34pm

I consider Kiss to be the GREATEST American rock and roll band of all time! That said, they also INFURIATE me at times with their obsession over the BRAND when it should be about the BAND! It's ALWAYS been about the MUSIC for me and MANY fans, NOT the image!
Read: I'm very confused about everything.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Feb 2021, 2:42pm
revbob wrote:

I consider Kiss to be the GREATEST American rock and roll band of all time! That said, they also INFURIATE me at times with their obsession over the BRAND when it should be about the BAND! It's ALWAYS been about the MUSIC for me and MANY fans, NOT the image!
This is like being mad at the Harlem Globetrotters for not obeying the rules of basketball.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Maybe its the man himself.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

if there's one thing kiss always brings to the table, its a passion and priority for the music over the bullshit.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
16 Feb 2021, 4:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Heston would shiver and disintegrate into super noodle dust if he found himself on a Sabbath board.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Feb 2021, 4:23pm
revbob wrote:
16 Feb 2021, 4:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Heston would shiver and disintegrate into super noodle dust if he found himself on a Sabbath board.
He's trying to destroy it from the inside.

I could easily find myself being like a Chico on there as I see troubling stuff already. Stuff that tends to make me shy away from metal to begin with.