Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 May 2023, 5:48pm
Flex wrote:
04 May 2023, 5:34pm
Heston wrote:
04 May 2023, 5:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 May 2023, 4:55pm
Holy shit, that is dire. It'd be like seeing Elvis in '76.
It's my revenge for the 2000 Man poll.
Your revenge is that KISS has somehow actually gotten worse over time?
Heston … he's … he's not a well man.
But we love him all the same.

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Re: The KISS thread

Post by weller259 »

Flex wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
You know, you say that but think about it. When you are as terrible as they were when they started, one would think that over time one would improve, but no, they got worse. In my mind, that's a much more difficult thing to achieve. :shifty:
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

weller259 wrote:
04 May 2023, 10:24pm
You say that but think about it. When you are as terrible as they were when they started, one would think that over time one would improve, but no, they got worse. In my mind, that's a much more difficult thing to achieve. :shifty:
That's a good point. In some ways, they really are singularly unique.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

weller259 wrote:
04 May 2023, 10:24pm
Flex wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
You know, you say that but think about it. When you are as terrible as they were when they started, one would think that over time one would improve, but no, they got worse. In my mind, that's a much more difficult thing to achieve. :shifty:
Very interesting defence, Perry Mason, and maybe just crazy enough to sway the jury. And if it doesn't and they're blasted into the sun, no worries.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

KISS are in my area for a gig in Newcastle next week. Tickets were originally priced at £97 but you can now buy them for the £4.75 booking fee. I'm glad I'm away on holiday or I may have been tempted to go.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
31 May 2023, 2:30pm
KISS are in my area for a gig in Newcastle next week. Tickets were originally priced at £97 but you can now buy them for the £4.75 booking fee. I'm glad I'm away on holiday or I may have been tempted to go.
Maybe in a few days they'll be paying people to go.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
Wow. Thoughts on why people are disinterested? Besides them being shitty and all.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 May 2023, 3:49pm
Heston wrote:
Wow. Thoughts on why people are disinterested? Besides them being shitty and all.
Music From the Elder?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Heston wrote:
31 May 2023, 3:51pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Music From the Elder?
Correct. At a certain point people don't want to see rock and roll music from elderly people lip syncing on stage.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
31 May 2023, 3:55pm
Heston wrote:
31 May 2023, 3:51pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Music From the Elder?
Correct. At a certain point people don't want to see rock and roll music from elderly people lip syncing on stage.
:lol: This would be a very good moment to lock the thread.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
The local KISS Army recruiting officer's numbers are way down.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
31 May 2023, 6:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
The local KISS Army recruiting officer's numbers are way down.
As per General Simmons, it's because kids are too busy downloading mp3s to appreciate real rock n roll.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Paul Stanley’s stage banter – delivered in a voice that’s part disgruntled parrot, part man having his balls unexpectedly squeezed, and part kids’ entertainer – remains a thing of astonishment: “I think sometimes, after Makin’ Love, you have to call the doctor … not any doctor … I’m not talking about any doctor. I’m talking about … Calling Doctor Love.” Incredibly, that’s an improvement on his ending of a minute’s silence for the Manchester bombing in 2017 with the announcement: “Does anyone here like to Lick It Up?”
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/ ... birmingham

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 6:15am
Paul Stanley’s stage banter – delivered in a voice that’s part disgruntled parrot, part man having his balls unexpectedly squeezed, and part kids’ entertainer – remains a thing of astonishment: “I think sometimes, after Makin’ Love, you have to call the doctor … not any doctor … I’m not talking about any doctor. I’m talking about … Calling Doctor Love.” Incredibly, that’s an improvement on his ending of a minute’s silence for the Manchester bombing in 2017 with the announcement: “Does anyone here like to Lick It Up?”
...his ending of a minute’s silence for the Manchester bombing in 2017 with the announcement: “Does anyone here like to Lick It Up?”
So classy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 7:02am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 6:15am
...his ending of a minute’s silence for the Manchester bombing in 2017 with the announcement: “Does anyone here like to Lick It Up?”
So classy
Like to see The Replacements or Swans pull off that seamless segue!