The KISS thread

General music discussion.
revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15053
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The KISS thread

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 10:16am
Heston wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 9:04am
revbob wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 9:00am
Heston wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 8:34am
revbob wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 7:54am


If you check the comments somebody has reviewed all Peter Criss' solo albums, a task which I wasn't up to a few weeks back. So people can just pretend it was me who reviewed them if they like.
Im ok with this but are you sure it wasn't you after a serious piss up?
Quite possibly.
Looks like a fun read. Also, Mark St. John was apparently a pedo.
I dont know the level of depravity but Im pretty sure it's a requirement in the application process.

Also...
He was later moved to F-West Barracks after telling guards he had stolen crackers from another inmate's property box and was in fear for his safety.[7] A guard allegedly conspired with a group of inmates to have St. John assaulted for the transgression, and subsequently St. John was brutally beaten and stabbed with pencils by a group of up to 20 inmates.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 92680
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The KISS thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 10:26am
WestwayKid wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 10:16am
Heston wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 9:04am
revbob wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 9:00am
Heston wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 8:34am


If you check the comments somebody has reviewed all Peter Criss' solo albums, a task which I wasn't up to a few weeks back. So people can just pretend it was me who reviewed them if they like.
Im ok with this but are you sure it wasn't you after a serious piss up?
Quite possibly.
Looks like a fun read. Also, Mark St. John was apparently a pedo.
I dont know the level of depravity but Im pretty sure it's a requirement in the application process.

Also...
He was later moved to F-West Barracks after telling guards he had stolen crackers from another inmate's property box and was in fear for his safety.[7] A guard allegedly conspired with a group of inmates to have St. John assaulted for the transgression, and subsequently St. John was brutally beaten and stabbed with pencils by a group of up to 20 inmates.
KISS is, in essence, the rock equivalent of the Trump administration. Just terrible people from top to bottom.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

WestwayKid
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4456
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: The KISS thread

Post by WestwayKid »

revbob wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 10:26am
WestwayKid wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 10:16am
Heston wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 9:04am
revbob wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 9:00am
Heston wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 8:34am


If you check the comments somebody has reviewed all Peter Criss' solo albums, a task which I wasn't up to a few weeks back. So people can just pretend it was me who reviewed them if they like.
Im ok with this but are you sure it wasn't you after a serious piss up?
Quite possibly.
Looks like a fun read. Also, Mark St. John was apparently a pedo.
I dont know the level of depravity but Im pretty sure it's a requirement in the application process.

Also...
He was later moved to F-West Barracks after telling guards he had stolen crackers from another inmate's property box and was in fear for his safety.[7] A guard allegedly conspired with a group of inmates to have St. John assaulted for the transgression, and subsequently St. John was brutally beaten and stabbed with pencils by a group of up to 20 inmates.
"He got caught stealing something. I guess he did that somewhere else in the jail, but we found out about it somehow. . . . The Kiss guy got beat up pretty bad.[7]"
"Geoff who takes kids camping is dead all the boys except Rusty are missing." - revbob
"Rock on George, one time for Ringo." - Ringo Starr

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 54179
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!

Re: The KISS thread

Post by Wolter »

Funny. If I recall correctly the character Criss played in Oz was stabbed to death with a pencil to the jugular in prison.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 22532
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: The KISS thread

Post by matedog »

Heston wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 8:13pm
I totally forgot I was reviewing Peter Criss's solo output after one album.
I'm skimming Let Me Rock You now. It's not terrible. I'd have a hard time telling you if it was KISS around this time or Criss solo. "Move On Over" is...okay.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 92680
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The KISS thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 11:33am
Heston wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 8:13pm
I totally forgot I was reviewing Peter Criss's solo output after one album.
I'm skimming Let Me Rock You now. It's not terrible. I'd have a hard time telling you if it was KISS around this time or Criss solo. "Move On Over" is...okay.
Your new avatar is superb.
Image
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 35331
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The KISS thread

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 11:33am
Heston wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 8:13pm
I totally forgot I was reviewing Peter Criss's solo output after one album.
I'm skimming Let Me Rock You now. It's not terrible. I'd have a hard time telling you if it was KISS around this time or Criss solo. "Move On Over" is...okay.
Have you seen Detroit Rock City? It doesn't come much more 90s despite being set in 1978.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 19450
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: The KISS thread

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 11:40am
matedog wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 11:33am
Heston wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 8:13pm
I totally forgot I was reviewing Peter Criss's solo output after one album.
I'm skimming Let Me Rock You now. It's not terrible. I'd have a hard time telling you if it was KISS around this time or Criss solo. "Move On Over" is...okay.
Your new avatar is superb.
Image
I agree with this post.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 92680
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The KISS thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Um, if anyone actually goes to askhoy.com, know that it's a Chinese porn site. Which, I guess, is still on message in our context.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Kimmelweck
User avatar
Bang Ice Geezer
Posts: 201
Joined: 06 Oct 2020, 3:47pm
Location: WNY

Re: The KISS thread

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 12:34pm
Um, if anyone actually goes to askhoy.com, know that it's a Chinese porn site. Which, I guess, is still on message in our context.
Oh my god, those poor, poor fish... :shifty:
Attachments
koi.jpg
koi.jpg (43.11 KiB) Viewed 1382 times

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 22532
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: The KISS thread

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 12:34pm
Um, if anyone actually goes to askhoy.com, know that it's a Chinese porn site. Which, I guess, is still on message in our context.
Oh boy. I actually got it from a fb memory from something Kory posted like six years ago.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 22532
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: The KISS thread

Post by matedog »

Heston wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 11:43am
matedog wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 11:33am
Heston wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 8:13pm
I totally forgot I was reviewing Peter Criss's solo output after one album.
I'm skimming Let Me Rock You now. It's not terrible. I'd have a hard time telling you if it was KISS around this time or Criss solo. "Move On Over" is...okay.
Have you seen Detroit Rock City? It doesn't come much more 90s despite being set in 1978.
I have not. I remember it coming out and I think Eddie Furlong is in it. Sounds like you are just trying to trick me into liking KISS.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 35331
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The KISS thread

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 2:13pm
Heston wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 11:43am
matedog wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 11:33am
Heston wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 8:13pm
I totally forgot I was reviewing Peter Criss's solo output after one album.
I'm skimming Let Me Rock You now. It's not terrible. I'd have a hard time telling you if it was KISS around this time or Criss solo. "Move On Over" is...okay.
Have you seen Detroit Rock City? It doesn't come much more 90s despite being set in 1978.
I have not. I remember it coming out and I think Eddie Furlong is in it. Sounds like you are just trying to trick me into liking KISS.
Haha, no it's a very enjoyable comedy with a great soundtrack. It has a decent score and good reviews on IMDB with most reviewers puzzled at how it tanked at the box office.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 35331
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The KISS thread

Post by Heston »

Ps. KISS aren't in it t the very end.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 92680
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The KISS thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Post Reply